For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you. - Page 2

For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you.

This is a discussion on For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I voted no. I am new to the CC club and have not yet OC'd, but I oppose the idea of having the choice taken ...

View Poll Results: Would you support a law that did not allow for open carry?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 3.65%
  • No

301 73.24%
  • I'm against open carry but support those who do so.

87 21.17%
  • Yes, but with exceptions for handicapped or those unable to carry otherwise.

8 1.95%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I voted no. I am new to the CC club and have not yet OC'd, but I oppose the idea of having the choice taken away from me. It is unfortunate that both the site of an armed citizen tends to scare the sheeple, that is when the do notice, and many that OC have given the practice a bad reputation by attention seeking.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Sorry but the closet is not a place I want go to just to live my life, although I do get annoyed with the loud mouths. I go about my business I don't throw it in peoples faces. I don't keep a camera on me or a tape recorder, I just live my life, but I don't hide it. Eventually people will see carrying as normal.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRWAR View Post
    ...hurt the on going concealed carry cause last year...
    The new law you enjoy would not have come to fruition with out organizations like Wisconsin Carry Inc, and the OC community who largely make up that organization. Your claims are disingenuous.
    TN_Mike and thephanatik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by trip20 View Post
    The new law you enjoy would not have come to fruition with out organizations like Wisconsin Carry Inc, and the OC community who largely make up that organization. Your claims are disingenuous.
    There is no way you can defend the antics of your group Wisconsin Carry Inc. and how they acted last year at the fast food resturants, and if your poster child and patron saint is Krysta Sutterfield, my point is well made. The Concealed Carry Wisconsin Act 35, came from the hard work of many dedicated people over many years. Your group showed up within the last year or two

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I would not support any gun law restricting our rights, in any way, manner, shape or form.
    I do not OC because we don't have that choice here in Florida. Personally, I prefer to keep mine concealed, but if it were legal to OC I'm sure I would on occasion. To each his own. I don't care if someone open carries or carries concealed as long as they carry. If every man and woman in this country that owned a gun ( 90 million by NRA figures) would carry...crime would just about disappear.
    Just my $.02
    Civil_Response likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There is no way you can defend the antics of your group and how they acted last year, and if your poster child and patron saint is Krysta Sutterfield, my point is well made.
    Can you describe in some sort of detail these antics of last year?

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I'm impressed, and want to thank you all for your honest opinions and hope it can remain civil... I'm enjoying the discussion so far.

Again, thanks!

Cal. presently working on hunting regulations to require all hunting rifles to be held behind your back until such time as ready to shoot so as not to offend any that might be looking your direction.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I swear, California is the testing grounds for liberal laws... SO glad I don't live there, or need to go there, ever.

I'm against any and all gun control laws, period.
    Stubborn and TN_Mike like this.

I'm all for open carry, just can't in Florida other than fishing and I don't fish.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Cal. presently working on hunting regulations to require all hunting rifles to be held behind your back until such time as ready to shoot so as not to offend any that might be looking your direction.
    I really hope your comment is "in jest". They couldn't be that stupid, could they ?

In the meantime, they have more ARMED drug cartel members and gangs than anywhere in the USA. Geeez, I still think we need to wall it off and not let anyone out, and then give it back to Mexico.

Personally, I remember when most people did open carry in medium to smaller towns, just not in the larger cities.
    I would open carry at times ... but here it is such a hog-pog because any county, city, town, township, etc. can ban open carry.... it's nearly impossible to know where it is legal and where it isnt. We're asking the state to just make a state law to make it legal everywhere. Ironically, it's legal in our city capital.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by trip20 View Post
    Can you describe in some sort of detail these antics of last year?
    I tried to respond with a series of examples and fact but the post did not publish therefore I give up.

I tried to respond with a series of examples and fact but the post did not publish therefore I give up.
    OK, no problem. It wasn't a loaded question; I'm simply unaware of any craziness warranting feelings as strong as yours. If you get around to it or feel like it at a later time feel free to PM me those examples or post them back in this thread.

Its hard for me to believe that after viewing the poll, there are some who do not support OC and the 2A? WOW!
    Dumbledork and TN_Mike like this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links