For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you.

For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you.

This is a discussion on For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since some members here are quite open about their opinions against open carry, and have written reason upon reason why they and others shouldn't do ...

View Poll Results: Would you support a law that did not allow for open carry?

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 3.65%
  • No

301 73.24%
  • I'm against open carry but support those who do so.

87 21.17%
  • Yes, but with exceptions for handicapped or those unable to carry otherwise.

8 1.95%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Post For those opposed to open carry, I have a question for you.

Since some members here are quite open about their opinions against open carry, and have written reason upon reason why they and others shouldn't do so, would you be against a law that did not allow open carry?

The way I look at it, if you're so openly against it there should be some 'yes' votes coming in - after all, you do provide fuel for the anti-gun groups (you do realize that organizations like the Brady Campaign read these forums, right). If even gun owners speak out against open carry it won't be long until your quotes are put to the test, if they aren't already.

So please, take a moment if you will and answer honestly - I'm genuinely curious, and this is an anonymous poll.

I'm nhot against open carry,I prefer to conceal mine,but I don't see any "POLL",so how can any answers be anonymous?
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Looks like it's on top of my post, nobody can see it?

VIP Member
    There is more than ample fodder to be found here by anti-gunners without overwhelming and wholehearted personal endorsements of open carry. Yes, I would be against any law that would outlaw it. No, I am not going to practice it myself.
    Bubbiesdad and hogdoc357 like this.

Administrator
    The poll is there now-

Even though I am against open carry, and think most circumstances of open carry is just dumb, I cannot support a law outlawing it. Although, the venomous attitude of the open carry movement is doing nothing more than pushing towards that anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I agree, some open carriers do seem to go looking for their next YouTube video - however I don't feel that is the majority, they just stand out unfortunately.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The poll is there now-

Even though I am against open carry, and think most circumstances of open carry is just dumb, I cannot support a law outlawing it. Although, the venomous attitude of the open carry movement is doing nothing more than pushing towards that anyway.
    Personally, I just keep up with areas other than NC on a hit or miss basis. And as someone that OC's and spends time on OCDO I have seen the attitude you are talking about and it sometimes concerns me too. But I do have a question, to see if it lines up with what I see. Are most of the "venomous attitudes" coming from areas that are not OC friendly or at least not OC indifferent? I don't see it as a big deal in NC. Most of the videos and serious issues I have seen come from areas that do not accept OC even though it is perfectly legal. I think the "lack of accepting legal actions as appropriate" and the "venomous attitude" feed each other. Treat OC as the legal form of carry that it is and I would imagine most of the attitude would go away. As in anything, you always have a few out their with their own agenda.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

OD*
    I don't, and won't open carry if I have a choice, but I am against any law that would outlaw it.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

There are those who open carry responsibly and who represent gun owners well but by and large the open carry crowd seems over represented by attention seekers. At its best it seems amateurish and juvenile to me. At its worst actually harmful to gun rights causes. I don't do it myself except when out in the hills. I do support those who want to do it and do so responsibly. I DO NOT support the idea of some law making it illegal.
    AIRWAR likes this.

Senior Moderator
    The poll is there now-

Completely concur in all respects.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

As for me I'm against ANY new laws our government wants to dream up and pull out of their liberal butts. Too many nimrods running this country !!! We're going down the drain at lightning speed as it is !!!
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I OC and voted NO way
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I don't see anywhere that it says underneath your clothing...
    TN_Mike, NYCrulesU, Spec and 3 others like this.

The poll is there now-

This right here..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I saw nothing but "Blow Hards" open carrying in Wisconsin. They antagonised local law enforcement, hurt the on going concealed carry cause last year, and did not bode well with the press who painted them as unstable. As much as I believe in 2nd Amendment Rights, we don't have to cram the 2nd Amendment down everyone's throat. Be discrete!
    And no I do not believe there should be a law against open carry.
    Richard58 and Eldon Hickey like this.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links