"See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!" - Page 2

"See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!"

This is a discussion on "See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!" within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Harryball Next time keep your coat on. If it was concealed it would not of happened. Just saying..... Thanks for the non-feedback. ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: "See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!"

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Next time keep your coat on. If it was concealed it would not of happened. Just saying.....
    Thanks for the non-feedback.

I was concealed, for at least an hour. Like I said, I started dripping sweat like it was fashionable, so the coat came off. Open carry isn't that uncommon around here, and it's never been an issue for me, although, like I said, I normally conceal in Walmart.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    You did just fine.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledork View Post

I was concealed, for at least an hour. Like I said, I started dripping sweat like it was fashionable, so the coat came off. Open carry isn't that uncommon around here, and it's never been an issue for me, although, like I said, I normally conceal in Walmart.
    Like Mike1956 said "Put yourself on display, expect to get noticed" I think both his and my statements are good feedback. This would have been a NON- issue if you were concealed.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    In my opinion he did not do fine. He didn't need to verbally engage with the woman but if he did it would have been more profitable to have done it politely. Had the lady become irate and then escalated to hysterical a real scene could have unfolded in the aisle at Walmart between a not too smart excited woman and a man with a gun. If you're going to open carry in Walmart be prepared to pass off comments and stares with a bit of finesse for God's sake. No need for the drama IMO.
    I normally don't engage rude people. I don't get confronted often about it, and the one or two times I have, I simply shurg it off or laugh it off, because I couldn't be bothered with what some moron says to me. But I guess some stupid woman using me as a boogeyman for her kid, and basically instilling an unnatural fear of guns in a kid, ticked me off some. Now that kid is going to have an irrational fear of guns, and not because of me. Ah, well. I guess I know better than to try and use sense on an idiot. I just hope that she isn't a total idiot, and thought about her actions afterwards. I would never talk to my kids like that. Then again, my kids never acted like once they stopped wearing diapers.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

I will say this. For the situation at hand you handled yourself fine. The woman was am idiot and by confronting her you may have stopped her from doing it to another OCer
    Erick46590 and GhostRed7 like this.

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Like Mike1956 said "Put yourself on display, expect to get noticed" I think both his and my statements are good feedback. This would have been a NON- issue if you were concealed.
    If you're going to pee on a thread, how about finding a multitude of OC threads.

Why is it when someone else misbehaves in public, they blame the guy with the gun who is doing nothing wrong? Why are you focusing on the OP when the problem is with the idiot parent?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    You're probably lucky she didn't call the cops and say, "a man with a gun threatened me." Besides being a bad parent, lying is also fashionable these days.
    Dumbledork and Yankeejib like this.

I will say this. For the situation at hand you handled yourself fine. The woman was am idiot and by confronting her you may have stopped her from doing it to another OCer
    Maybe. I hope so. I didn't post this to get a round of high fives from the open carry guys here, and I didn't post it to get criticized by the concealed carry guys here. I was just venting about my frustrations about bad parenting. This is why I hate going to Walmart, LOL. I prefer going to Target. They also allow open carry, but around here, their customers are generally of a better...quality?

I just wonder about people like that. What kind of person tries to intimidate their kid by threatening them with violence from a stranger? What if this kid sees me on the street a few years from now? How will he react? Or worse, how will he react to anyone he sees carrying a gun? That would be like me telling my kids that if they misbehave, a black guy is gonna punch them in the face. They'd probably grow up being afraid of black people, and then eventually become racists. Or something, I don't know.
    pfries likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

If you're going to pee on a thread, how about finding a multitude of OC threads.

Why is it when someone else misbehaves in public, they blame the guy with the gun who is doing nothing wrong? Why are you focusing on the OP when the problem is with the idiot parent?
    Might want to read my post above yours....Really?????
    Dumbledork likes this.

VIP Member

Nothing is an issue before it becomes one. I always conceal because I don't like drama.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

The idiot parent isn't the one here posing the question.
    Harryball and Dumbledork like this.

Maybe. I hope so. I didn't post this to get a round of high fives from the open carry guys here, and I didn't post it to get criticized by the concealed carry guys here. I was just venting about my frustrations about bad parenting. This is why I hate going to Walmart, LOL. I prefer going to Target. They also allow open carry, but around here, their customers are generally of a better...quality?

I just wonder about people like that. What kind of person tries to intimidate their kid by threatening them with violence from a stranger? What if this kid sees me on the street a few years from now? How will he react? Or worse, how will he react to anyone he sees carrying a gun? That would be like me telling my kids that if they misbehave, a black guy is gonna punch them in the face. They'd probably grow up being afraid of black people, and then eventually become racists. Or something, I don't know.
    Yea, I have to agree with you on this. My first post was not meant to be rude. Sorry if it came across that way. I dont have a problem with OC, I have a problem with the general public. You story is unfortunate, this woman was a complete moron. However, this is one of the reason I do not OC, the general public at this point in time just doesnt seem to be able to handle it. No discredit to yourself, you were right in this situation.
    Dumbledork likes this.

Yeah, I know how open carry is seen. Like I said, I do it out of convenience. I'm not walking around with a videocamera, walking up to police, and shaking my hip at them, daring them to violate my rights. Those people irritate me to no end. But, open carry has it's place, and I utilize it when I need to. I conceal for the same reasons. I'm just lucky to have the option; in Texas, I could get arrested for open carry. I just have to wonder what goes on in people's heads sometimes. It's like people who walk up to open carriers, and tell them that they're terrifying them. Well, if you walked up to them to tell them that, then you can't be all that terrified, can you? When someone scares me, I usually walk the other way, and look for cover, just in case. I think I'm going to stick to internet shopping. LOL

But, he wasn't concealed at that moment, which is perfectly fine. It wasn't a "Put yourself on display...." He was carrying in a perfectly legal manner of HIS choosing. He posted his story in the OPEN CARRY section of the forum. I just can't figure out why the cc crowd here trolls this portion of the forum so often. Every thread seems to draw someone to espouse their cc gibberish to let us OC'ers know how much better cc is. We don't go to your concealed carry section and stir you guys up.

In my opinion of the op's actions and not having ever had a situation like this happen to me... I think it would have been better to reduce the comments to a milder state. but, I'm not so sure I could have done that either and may have done and said the same thing. Also may have notified the store management of her comments just to be proactive to anyone listening nearby that didn't know how the event started
    Dumbledork likes this.

Yeah, I would have probably said something too. Except it might have been along the lines of, "Well, you may be kidding this time. But if you don't get a handle on that kid soon you might have to worry about guys with badges having to shoot him."

I have 2 kids. We have issues when we are out and about occasionally. They get handled, quickly. I never had to spank one in public, and they are getting almost too old for it, but it's still an option and they know it. Funny how discipline changes things.
    Dumbledork, JDE101 and RMS like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links