"See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!"

This is a discussion on "See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!" within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wmhawth It is not an OC issue as I see it either but if the woman had responded in kind to the ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 147
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: "See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!"

  1. #61
    Distinguished Member
    Array fastk9dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,554
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    It is not an OC issue as I see it either but if the woman had responded in kind to the OP's comments and the situation escalated to a full blown verbal confrontation witnessed by other shoppers it could well have become an OC issue with a life of its own. I don't open carry myself but if I did I would try to steer clear of conflict and drama in places like Walmart.
    I see your point, but it's not as if the OP started yelling at her (at least it didn't seem that way). I do try to avoid conflict myself generally but I can't fault him for speaking up. If it was me I probably would of said to not involve me in her family disputes and walked away.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    Member Array gunsnroses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    422
    I still understand completely Jbum. My point was, its better to just smile and go about your business then look for a confrontation. Of course if someone wants to have a conversation, thats a different story. I would just let the sly comments, dirty looks etc. just roll off.
    BkCo1 likes this.

  4. #63
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,257
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    With the attitude in the firearms community that CC is the only way to go and for the firearm community to bow down to the heat of open carry haters then we will never gain any ground. I say that your attitude that open carry is bad hurts all firearm carriers.
    Say what you like, but understand you are mischaracterizing the position of many of those with whom you take exception.
    Yankeejib likes this.

  5. #64
    Ex Member Array Yankeejib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Say what you like, but understand you are mischaracterizing the position of many of those with whom you take exception.
    I think I offer this disclaimer every time I wade into the OC/CC debate. It doesn't matter.

  6. #65
    VIP Member Array jbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dandridge Tennessee
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Say what you like, but understand you are mischaracterizing the position of many of those with whom you take exception.
    Care to elaborate either you are for or against

  7. #66
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,257
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Care to elaborate either you are for or against
    Another black-and-white, falsely limiting mischaracterization.

  8. #67
    VIP Member Array jbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dandridge Tennessee
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Another black-and-white, falsely limiting mischaracterization.
    Your stance is black and white you say OC brings on trouble is that not black and white? Are you for or against open carry as a 2A right just answer the question and we are done.

  9. #68
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,257
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Your stance is black and white you say OC brings on trouble is that not black and white? Are you for or against open carry as a 2A right just answer the question and we are done.
    For or against has never been an issue for me. I said that OC elicits consequences not experienced by those who don't do it. True, or not true?

  10. #69
    VIP Member Array jbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dandridge Tennessee
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    For or against has never been an issue for me. I said that OC elicits consequences not experienced by those who don't do it. True, or not true?
    Yes that is true but you need not tell those of us who do OC on a regular basis that we have consequences we live it daily. We take those opportunities when someone notices that we are carrying (very rare) to teach them that we are not bad people and that they should consider CCW. You on the other hand want to condone us for taking advantage of that opportunity and chastising us for getting caught with a firearm by saying you get it cause you ask for it in a nut shell. If you don't like open carry please don't come on the OC form and blast us for what we do those of us who do OC are VERY aware of what goes on and are trying to change the mindset of the public. If you believe that CC is the best for you then all the best as I CC from time to time as well. But please do not ever say you deserve what you get when you OC because when the firearms community gets that ingrained in their heads we will loose more than we have ever gained.

  11. #70
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,257
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Yes that is true but you need not tell those of us who do OC on a regular basis that we have consequences we live it daily. We take those opportunities when someone notices that we are carrying (very rare) to teach them that we are not bad people and that they should consider CCW. You on the other hand want to condone us for taking advantage of that opportunity and chastising us for getting caught with a firearm by saying you get it cause you ask for it in a nut shell. If you don't like open carry please don't come on the OC form and blast us for what we do those of us who do OC are VERY aware of what goes on and are trying to change the mindset of the public. If you believe that CC is the best for you then all the best as I CC from time to time as well. But please do not ever say you deserve what you get when you OC because when the firearms community gets that ingrained in their heads we will loose more than we have ever gained.
    As you strive to change mindset, understand that change is not always for the better. For example, we have a brand new "no guns allowed" sign in one of my favorite restaurants, courtesy of a self-styled open carry effort to educate the public.

  12. #71
    VIP Member Array jbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dandridge Tennessee
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    As you strive to change mindset, understand that change is not always for the better. For example, we have a brand new "no guns allowed" sign in one of my favorite restaurants, courtesy of a self-styled open carry effort to educate the public.
    Yeah mike you are right all us OC people cause all the problems. With friends like you we don't need enemies. I'll bet you will still go back there to eat. You like 2A lite and that is good for you I Like 2A +P. I am very sorry my rights as a United States citizen cost you a nice cup of soup.

  13. #72
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Its not being noticed that is the problem. The problem comes when those who notice decide to make an issue of it.
    I wonder how those who feel free to comment to or about others in public would feel if the tables were turned?
    Hi lady, thats one rude loudmouth kid you got there. By the way I noticed your pretty fat have you tried wearing something that conceals it a bit better?
    Shouldn't fat people expect to be criticized? What about folks that talk funny. What about folks that cannot afford fancy clothes?

    Or, should we expect people to have better manners in public. Keep it to yourself. Is that even taught anymore?

    Michael
    Dumbledork likes this.

  14. #73
    VIP Member Array jbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dandridge Tennessee
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Its not being noticed that is the problem. The problem comes when those who notice decide to make an issue of it.
    I wonder how those who feel free to comment to or about others in public would feel if the tables were turned?
    Hi lady, thats one rude loudmouth kid you got there. By the way I noticed your pretty fat have you tried wearing something that conceals it a bit better?
    Shouldn't fat people expect to be criticized? What about folks that talk funny. What about folks that cannot afford fancy clothes?

    Or, should we expect people to have better manners in public. Keep it to yourself. Is that even taught anymore?

    Michael
    Think I just shed a tear!
    Dumbledork likes this.

  15. #74
    Member Array gunsnroses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    America
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Its not being noticed that is the problem. The problem comes when those who notice decide to make an issue of it.
    I wonder how those who feel free to comment to or about others in public would feel if the tables were turned?
    Hi lady, thats one rude loudmouth kid you got there. By the way I noticed your pretty fat have you tried wearing something that conceals it a bit better?
    Shouldn't fat people expect to be criticized? What about folks that talk funny. What about folks that cannot afford fancy clothes?

    Or, should we expect people to have better manners in public. Keep it to yourself. Is that even taught anymore?

    Michael
    That wouldn't show much "tolerance" now would it?
    Dumbledork likes this.

  16. #75
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,257
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Yeah mike you are right all us OC people cause all the problems. With friends like you we don't need enemies. I'll bet you will still go back there to eat. You like 2A lite and that is good for you I Like 2A +P. I am very sorry my rights as a United States citizen cost you a nice cup of soup.
    I hope you aren't this adversarial and confrontational with those you encounter in person during your missions of constitutional enthusiasm.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

can i open carry to walmart before shooting in florida
,
can i protect my girlfriend with a cpl in michigan
,
child discipline struwwelpeter
,
kicked out of pa walmart for open carry
,

kids sucking their thumbs

,
man shoot at walmart open carry
,
my gf open carries
,
open carry in walmart freakout
,

open carry under coat north carolina

,
open carry walmart ohio
,
problem open carry walmart
,

shoot what you carry

Click on a term to search for related topics.