"See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!" - Page 6

"See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!"

This is a discussion on "See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!" within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 I hope you aren't this adversarial and confrontational with those you encounter in person during your missions of constitutional enthusiasm. Yeah ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: "See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I hope you aren't this adversarial and confrontational with those you encounter in person during your missions of constitutional enthusiasm.
    Yeah I pretty much am! If you feel anything I have stated is wrong you are more than welcome to reply. I will still go back to do you agree with the right to OC or not yes it is black and white but you still did not answer.

VIP Member
    OK, it is your right to OC anywhere and everywhere you want to, and nobody should say anything about it. Unfortunately, that isn't how it sometimes works.
    jbum, as you can see, I already answered that question you insist on asking over and over again.

As you strive to change mindset, understand that change is not always for the better. For example, we have a brand new "no guns allowed" sign in one of my favorite restaurants, courtesy of a self-styled open carry effort to educate the public.
    Do you support their decision

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    Do you support their decision
    I support their right to make whatever legal decision they see fit, the same as I support yours to do the same.

jbum, as you can see, I already answered that question you insist on asking over and over again.
    Unfortunately, that isn't how it sometimes works

This is the thing that bothers me we who OC get that but you seem to have this thing inside you that needs to remind us trust me WE get it... If you don't like us Ocing we get it. Maybe you might want to try amending 2a to say it's ok to carry firearm as long as no one can see it.

VIP Member
    Unfortunately, that isn't how it sometimes works

This is the thing that bothers me we who OC get that but you seem to have this thing inside you that needs to remind us trust me WE get it... If you don't like us Ocing we get it. Maybe you might want to try amending 2a to say it's ok to carry firearm as long as no one can see it.
    Government entities have been disregarding the Second Amendment for years without seeing the need to change it all.

Government entities have been disregarding the Second Amendment for years without seeing the need to change it all.
    Agreed!!! But you are still of the opinion that if you open carry you get what is coming to you right?

VIP Member
    Agreed!!! But you are still of the opinion that if you open carry you get what is coming to you right?
    Good luck finding the quote which supports that assertion.

Good luck finding the quote which supports that assertion.
    Put yourself on display, expect to get noticed.

Would this one not apply? Or I am just miss interpreting

Open carry aside, that sort of comment from the parent of an ill-behaved brat grates on me. When I was a bank loan officer I couldn't count the many times I interviewed prospective loan customers who had small children with them who were misbehaving terribly. The foolish parents made the same kind of threats to the kids. "If you don't sit down and behave I'm going to sic that man on the other side of the desk on you."

The lily-livers couldn't control their own kids, were to wimpy to administer proper discipline at home or anywhere else so wanted to use me as the "heavy" to put some sort of fear into their brats. I'd have put fear into them too if I had had my way. Their little hineys would have been blistered when I got through with them. Of course parents of such brats would have had a stroke if someone took their young punks in hand in the manner in which they so desperately needed to be handled.

As it was I've seen kids be allowed to drag the books out of my office book case, climb in the Venetian blinds damaging them, mark on loan memos, supporting documentation, and other papers on my desk, yank the tape out of the calculator and tape dispenser, pilfer in my drawers, dig in the potted plants, strow the contents of the waste basket, and eat all the wrapped candy. I'd would call the kids down if the parents failed to address their misbehavior. Many times the parents turned on me for doing so. That was fine. Back then we had a lot of latitude in assigning interest rates to the consumer loans we made and I never failed to hammer such parents with the highest rate possible if I granted the loan, just because of their bratty, ill-behaved children.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    :SNIP: I'd would call the kids down if the parents failed to address their misbehavior. Many times the parents turned on me for doing so. That was fine. Back then we had a lot of latitude in assigning interest rates to the consumer loans we made and I never failed to hammer such parents with the highest rate possible if I granted the loan, just because of their bratty, ill-behaved children.
    I can understand giving the parents a higher rate. They have shown that they are not responsible parents. I would have to assume that they were irresponsible in other facets of their life as well. Such as the responsibility to repay their debts.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Next time keep your coat on. If it was concealed it would not of happened. Just saying.....
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I see your point, but it's not as if the OP started yelling at her (at least it didn't seem that way). I do try to avoid conflict myself generally but I can't fault him for speaking up. If it was me I probably would of said to not involve me in her family disputes and walked away.
    I would have just let her say what she had to say to her kid...........If she had a husband who walked around the corner and saw a stranger talking to his woman with a gun..........who knows.

Remain vigalent, keep a low profile...........just saying

VIP Member
    Put yourself on display, expect to get noticed.

Would this one not apply? Or I am just miss interpreting
    Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledork View Post
    That bothered me. It bothered me a lot, and I stopped and told her so. "Lady," I said to her, "if you can't handle your kid acting like a brat, that's your business, but don't use me like a damned boogeyman. I don't know you from Adam, and I don't need you using me to terrify your kid, for Christ's sake." My girlfriend thought it was funny, and that I may have overreacted, but I was really pissed.
    Your girlfriend thought it was funny...maybe the lady with the kid was embarrassed and this was her clumsy attempt at humor in a stressful situation. I'm sure the kid isn't going to grow up with a gun phobia or suffer any other serious psychological disorders because of his mom's stupid comments. You could have said something like "Oh...he's too short to shoot...Santa will take care of him", and just laughed it off......everybody chuckles and walks away and nobody is venting later on the internet about the event.
    Life is too short to get all worked up about something a stranger said in a Walmart.
    wmhawth likes this.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

You want him to conceal why? He is perfectly legal to OC. Wander if CC is so effective why do LEOs not do it on duty hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Legal Yes, Good for him for being legal, Good for him exercising his rights. Nobody is agruing that point. You have to read the posts not just make an emotional based opinion based on something not said. Fact, the OP was seen with pistol in the open. Fact, a woman made a stupid comment regarding said pistol and small child. Fact, if the weapon was covered this is no longer an issue.

Im not saying that the OP did anything wrong, not at all. Mike1956 isnt either, what we are saying is that people in society are not ready for this yet, they see a gun and all hell breaks loose. We have been given the opportunity to conceal our weapons to avoid this kind of miss hap. If your only choice in SD is to open carry, then do it. If you can conceal, it may be beneficial to do so.

The reasons LE carries in the open is for speed, because OC is the faster way to access your firearm. This really has nothing to do with what happened to the OP....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Links