"See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!"

This is a discussion on "See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!" within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh dear God here we go again. I don't have the little popcorn eating smiley guy but will sit back and watch this time....

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: "See That Man? He's Going To Shoot You!"

VIP Member
    Oh dear God here we go again.

I don't have the little popcorn eating smiley guy but will sit back and watch this time.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Open carry aside, that sort of comment from the parent of an ill-behaved brat grates on me. When I was a bank loan officer I couldn't count the many times I interviewed prospective loan customers who had small children with them who were misbehaving terribly. The foolish parents made the same kind of threats to the kids. "If you don't sit down and behave I'm going to sic that man on the other side of the desk on you."

The lily-livers couldn't control their own kids, were to wimpy to administer proper discipline at home or anywhere else so wanted to use me as the "heavy" to put some sort of fear into their brats. I'd have put fear into them too if I had had my way. Their little hineys would have been blistered when I got through with them. Of course parents of such brats would have had a stroke if someone took their young punks in hand in the manner in which they so desperately needed to be handled.

As it was I've seen kids be allowed to drag the books out of my office book case, climb in the Venetian blinds damaging them, mark on loan memos, supporting documentation, and other papers on my desk, yank the tape out of the calculator and tape dispenser, pilfer in my drawers, dig in the potted plants, strow the contents of the waste basket, and eat all the wrapped candy. I'd would call the kids down if the parents failed to address their misbehavior. Many times the parents turned on me for doing so. That was fine. Back then we had a lot of latitude in assigning interest rates to the consumer loans we made and I never failed to hammer such parents with the highest rate possible if I granted the loan, just because of their bratty, ill-behaved children.
    So you set their interest rate based on their parenting skills and not their income, credit, etc. That kinda bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Oh dear God here we go again.

I don't have the little popcorn eating smiley guy but will sit back and watch this time.

...here ya go...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post

...here ya go...
    O' God now your going to get him started....LOL
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Open Carry Confrontation Last Night! My Gosh... The screaming running for their lives...was missing?

Put my best dressed 1911 "on display" last evening and strutted myself right into one of our finest Smokey Mountain restaurant chains. I timed the event to be one of the busiest times for maximum effect, dinner time 6:30. That way I would ensure the swat teams arrival with the ability to cuff me at gunpoint in front of the histarical soccer moms and pantywaist daddies. There was about a ten minute wait for a table so there was ample time for everyone in the place to put their phones on speaker and call 911.

We were excorted to our booth by the waitress and I sat next to my wife tactically so my strong side toward the masses. Her invitation to sit romantically close to her never crossed my mind. We drank our waters and coffees and I remembered that I had forgotten our tv station sized camcorder to record the fright of everyone. We recieved our meals and I was sure the swat team was just waiting outside for the tv crews to arrive before reaching the entry with the door knockers.

As I was finishing my Baked Spaghetti a well dressed man came to my table and said... "excuse me.." Right there I knew he had to be an undercover swat commander. I immediately jumped up waving my arms around yelling "it's my right! 2nd amendment!" and so on! Just then 5 swat tem members rapelled down on ropes from the ceiling and cut loose with tear gas!

But, I guess none of this happenned. The gentleman asked me about carry in I daho. We conversed about guns and laws. I invited him to a "Meeting" with our little group. He asked about my 1911. Told me he had just moved here from Kentucky.

I guess I should have just concealed to avoid this confrontation. Probably would have been better for all parties involved.

VIP Member
    Thanks Dadnugun. I never can find the little guys anywhere.

Harryball I am behaving myself.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Thanks Dadnugun. I never can find the little guys anywhere.

Harryball I am behaving myself.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledork View Post
    "See that man? If you don't shut up, I'm going to tell him to shoot you! Then you'll be quiet, won't you!"
    Did you ask her name? Was the last name Harless? Just a thought. Too bad somebody did not call the authorities and complain about her terroristic threats to a child. :)
    Dumbledork likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    So you set their interest rate based on their parenting skills and not their income, credit, etc. That kinda bothers me.
    What you may see as a lack of parenting skills others might look at as severe character flaws. I believe a persons character to be an important indicator of whether or not I should place any trust in them.

Michael
    wmhawth and Dumbledork like this.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    What you may see as a lack of parenting skills others might look at as severe character flaws. I believe a persons character to be an important indicator of whether or not I should place any trust in them.

Michael
    Maybe you should make it a question on their application than?

Read page one, rolled my eyes a couple times on the OC comments - read the last page... think I'll skip everything in between.

I think you did OK, a little more politeness couldn't hurt however. If I heard someone say that it would send a chill down my spine though.

You flat over reacted. Take a chill pill, get over your bad self. You escalated a stupid situation.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    When I go to a store I carry most of the time because I always want to have a way to protect myself.Would't it been easier
    to just tie your coat around your waist or put your carry piece in your coat pocket.I feel for folks that can't afford a small pocket gun as it took me 10 years and I bitched at the cost of the Ruger 380 and the 22 5 shot deranger I have just for that
    reason.Sounds like you were having a bad day now you know she's pretty much an anti or she's leaning that way;I suspect
    taking out your frustration on her and the kid will get very little that ta boys on this board. Like I said ,I don't know the circumstances of your day you might have a new baby just came home and you are sleep deprived or you had a fight with your special person.I wouldn't worry about as we all blown our stacks in our lives ,if we learn from it we call it wisdom.

Please tell me. Do the people who make snide comments about others who are minding their own business deserve any of the blame? Do the people who for some reason cannot resist making a scene about what another person chooses to do bear any responsibility?

When did it become acceptable to insult or bring attention to every stranger you meet if they dress in a manner you do not like?

Michael
    SIGguy229 and Dumbledork like this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Links