Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing - Page 2

Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing

This is a discussion on Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My 82 year old mother carries all the time. Before they passed away, my grandmother and great-grandmother also carried. And they were scary enough even ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing

My 82 year old mother carries all the time. Before they passed away, my grandmother and great-grandmother also carried. And they were scary enough even without their guns.
    RETSUPT99 likes this.

Granny get your gun...I like it!

Nothing pleases me more than a dirtbag choosing the WRONG granny to hassle.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I was buying ammo a couple weeks ago and offered assistance to a 70ish YO woman who was looking for gun cleaning products. I explained the differences of some of the products, she has a Charter Arms .38 for self defense. Her final comment after she thanked me was I think I will call the guy who is training me. I was really encouraged to here her say she was getting training.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Kinda reminds me of a personal story; I was about 8 or 9, and was grocery shopping with my grandmother. She asked me to dig out her list in her purse... I found the list, but I also found her .357. You must have pushed me over with a feather because she started laughing, and simply said "the neighborhood isn't what it used to be." This was way back when, CCW was very much illegal. She has been dead a long time, and that 357 resides in my own safe now.
    Your personal story reminds me of one of my own, about my uncle. I used to spend summers at his home, by by Rockaway Beach, NY, back in the early 1970's. He drove a cab at night, and one night, right after eating dinner and getting ready to leave, his gun fell out of his pants. It was an old Colt that he carried during the Vietnam War. I was amazed, never having seen a real one before. He shrugged, shoved it back into his jeans, and left for work. Concealed carry was also very much illegal in NY then, and that hasn't changed. My cousin carries it now, legally, in Texas, and was allowed to take it to Afghanistan with him when he was deployed there a few years ago.

Haha. Love this thread, my own story:
    We t to the range last month for a fundraiser for a local cop whose wife died delivering their third child, tragic story. (the range raised over $13,000 in about 8 hrs) but as we were walking in, there was an OLD lady coming out from the shooting lanes as she tucked her pistol into the handlebar bag of her WALKER! Gun totin' granny. Made my day!
    Dumbledork likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Many years ago a friend of mine told me that the Russians aren't afraid of the U.S. military. They are afraid of Granny setting on the front porch in her rocking chair with the double barrel shotgun on her lap. I to think she could put that little gun to good use.
    Dumbledork likes this.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I see more and more older people looking at and buying guns nowa days. I think they are starting to realize what most of us has known for years. Also does this mean guns and self defense are becoming more acceptable? I personally think so, and bless all the older folks who are carrying too.
    Dumbledork likes this.

The more the better. Better odds that the !#$$%bad guys pick on the wrong dude, granny or younger person.
    Dumbledork likes this.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    I forgot to add that it's great that she carries as well. I can just see her now, custom leather holster trimmed in some sort of exotic skin, matching belt, dual mag pouch, pepper blaster, and a big smile on her face . Now I can see what happens if a BG tries to jack her .
    Dumbledork likes this.

God bless the great state of Tennessee. I feel bad for those in states who have to be paranoid about their gun showing. Here? Just another non-event.

Good for granny too! lol Hope she gets a holster.
    Dumbledork likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Great story.
    Just out of curiosity, when you say she pulled it out of her shirt... exactly how was she carrying it in her shirt? Was it in a pocket?
    Well....from where she reached, I'd say it was in her bra.
    Dumbledork likes this.

mel
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdridley View Post
    Priceless.
    Dumbledork likes this.

I'm glad that men have finally gotten equal rights and now receiving payback for all those times we told granny "your slip is showing"
    Dumbledork likes this.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Holster I though that's what their bra was for to carry other stuff besides their bosoms ... maybe she could get a bra with a middle-pocket for her gun in suede
    Dumbledork likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdridley View Post
    Yeah, that's old school! Used to call them church guns, if they were shiny. We had to take grannies guns away about 5 yrs ago. She's 94 now, dementia is taking it's toll. I watched her shoot at a guy in our back yard one night. We came home another night and there were 2 bullet holes in the window. Seems some kids were doing donuts in the dirt road across from our house. After the 3rd time granny decided to take care of the problem. They never came back. Don't mess with granny. Both pistols are cleaned up and in my safe now. An old Iver Johnson 38 safety revolver and an Italian .22 pepperbox.
    Dumbledork likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links