Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing

This is a discussion on Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My mom carried either a .357 or a J frame 38 everyday of her adult life until about a year ago...At the age of 79 ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing

My mom carried either a .357 or a J frame 38 everyday of her adult life until about a year ago...At the age of 79 she was diagnosed with "early onset dementia" and told me "I guess maybe you should keep these now" as she handed them to me....

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    My mom carried either a .357 or a J frame 38 everyday of her adult life until about a year ago...At the age of 79 she was diagnosed with "early onset dementia" and told me "I guess maybe you should keep these now" as she handed them to me....
    I'm sorry to hear about that. At least she has the presence of mind right now to realize it. My folks are getting up in age, too. I worry about it.
    kaboomkaboom likes this.

Thats one classy lady! Love it
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Ahhh Billie!! Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me??

Quote Originally Posted by RomeoZulu View Post
    Don't mess with old people! :)
    Yep, most old folks don't mess around. they'll just kill you.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'm too old to go mano-a-mano with some gangbanging dirtbag and too fat to run (aside from being officially disabled), but I can still shoot prety well.

It's great that women are tuning in to armed self defence. Hopefull it means that more criminal subhumans will fail Victim Selection 101.
    Better to perish in the fight for freedom than live to see defeat.

Talking Dangerous man

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    A few years ago when I was still neck deep in an inner city high school, a teacher got jumped after school by an entire family for the crime of confiscating an iPod disrupting his classroom. The girl he took it from actually slapped him across the face when he took it, but instead of having her arrested as was the county policy the liberal principal at the time sent her home on 10 days outdoor suspension which was really just a 10 day vacation. So she returns to the campus that afternoon late when she knew the teacher would be tutoring for the state FCAT exams on his own time. She, her crackhead mother and her brother the Golden Gloves boxer also a doper, all jumped this small sheep of a math teacher and they beat him almost to death. They broke his jaw in 3 places. That day, I was out sick and home. His room was located right across the hall from mine. Had I been there, I likely would have been right there because I used to stay late to grade papers and let the nuts clear the parking lot first. But I wasn't. So the kids all ask me the next day: "HEY DUDE! You 'Fraid to come to school now?" to which I always gave the same slightly sad reply: "Look folks: I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt whuppin', SO ..... I'm just gonna KILL YA!" And I'd watch as their eyes got the size of dinner plates and they would whisper: "Yeah, we kinda thought you'd say something like that... You sir, are a dangerous man." I'd had a time or two in the past when I'd had to prove that and the word spread as I moved from school to school as friends would call their buddies in the next school like: "Hey! You got a great new government teacher headed your way. He's former US Army Officer. Cool dude, but don't you mess with this guy, cuz bro, he'll kill you graveyard dead." And NO I never killed a student. I just let them know that I could and that I had no reservations about so doing in order to protect myself.
    I'll bet you have been called abrasive too. I really got a chuckle out of this one.

I'm a 67 year old disabled veteran & former LEO whose best years came and went long ago. There is no way I could physically defend myself against a stronger, younger BG intent on mugging me. That's why I carry and why I would have no illusions about using my weapon in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdridley View Post
    Well....from where she reached, I'd say it was in her bra.
    ...or belly button, but same general vicinity.

How have times changed ??? (When I was a kid, all women seemed to know how to shoot at least a rifle or shotgun).

A popular hair salon for women, added a gun section .... of course oriented towards women. It's been so popular, they are talking about adding a small range next to it now.

What are you guys calling old ??

Stats on all licenses issued in our state, broken down by age & gender :

males........20-50 =44.7%; 50+ = 55.3%; (60+ = 30.4%)
    females.....20-50 =46.2%; 50+ = 53.8%; (60+ = 22.7%)
    Overall......20-50 =45.0%; 50+ = 55.0%; (60+ = 29.0%)
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    A few years ago when I was still neck deep in an inner city high school, a teacher got jumped after school by an entire family for the crime of confiscating an iPod disrupting his classroom. The girl he took it from actually slapped him across the face when he took it, but instead of having her arrested as was the county policy the liberal principal at the time sent her home on 10 days outdoor suspension which was really just a 10 day vacation. So she returns to the campus that afternoon late when she knew the teacher would be tutoring for the state FCAT exams on his own time. She, her crackhead mother and her brother the Golden Gloves boxer also a doper, all jumped this small sheep of a math teacher and they beat him almost to death. They broke his jaw in 3 places. That day, I was out sick and home. His room was located right across the hall from mine. Had I been there, I likely would have been right there because I used to stay late to grade papers and let the nuts clear the parking lot first. But I wasn't. So the kids all ask me the next day: "HEY DUDE! You 'Fraid to come to school now?" to which I always gave the same slightly sad reply: "Look folks: I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt whuppin', SO ..... I'm just gonna KILL YA!" And I'd watch as their eyes got the size of dinner plates and they would whisper: "Yeah, we kinda thought you'd say something like that... You sir, are a dangerous man." I'd had a time or two in the past when I'd had to prove that and the word spread as I moved from school to school as friends would call their buddies in the next school like: "Hey! You got a great new government teacher headed your way. He's former US Army Officer. Cool dude, but don't you mess with this guy, cuz bro, he'll kill you graveyard dead." And NO I never killed a student. I just let them know that I could and that I had no reservations about so doing in order to protect myself.

Too many don't realize how dangerous schools actually are. Students/kids these days have no regard for life at all. And it's no wonder, most of their parents are as bad or worse. I taught in Linden, NJ for several years after the military.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    My mom carried either a .357 ...
    I love how many of your mothers/grandmothers carry/carried .357s. They're surely not Elsie-carriers, they pack some oomph!
    Gen 1 G17, Gen 3 G23, Gen 4 G26, 870P, MkIII 678, 10/22 Carbine

Concern for fellow gun owner

What impresses me in the Opie's story is this lady's concern for a fellow gun owner. She warned the Opie hoping to keep him out of trouble.
    In the big cosmic scheme of things, it's hardly important that mankind has squandered his... hey, where the hell did my beer go?

My grandmother was the first person to teach me how to shoot... I was about 7 with an old lever action pellet gun. I remember being shocked at seeing a little nickle plated break action revolver (probably a .32) in her purse when I was 12 or 13. I asked her if it was legal and she said, "The only one who will find out if this little old lady has a gun is someone who needs to be shot!". This was in upstate NY, by the way. She didnt believe in licenses to carry... She saw no difference in it or the old 20GA Ithaca she used to put food on the table when times were tough. "Its part of being American", she would say.

She too is now suffering from Alzheimer's... Lady was sharp as a tack (contract attorney) and its tough to see her mind slip. She handed several guns down to me (including that old 20GA), but no idea what happened to the little revolver. I'd love to have it.

I know this has kind of gotten off topic, but women from that era were something special and it seems that we are slowly losing that. Strong, confident, and wouldn't take crap from anybody while breaking their back to keep their family safe and fed.

Heres to granny (who would kill me if I ever called her that)!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links