Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing

This is a discussion on Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry all day/every day, most of the time I carry open but with cold weather, my sidearm does get covered by my jacket or ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing

Excuse Me Sir....Your Gun is Showing

I carry all day/every day, most of the time I carry open but with cold weather, my sidearm does get covered by my jacket or vest. Yesterday, while grocery shopping, I had a down vest on that came down just past the end of the barrel of my Springfield. When I reached up to get something, my weapon was briefly exposed....I saw the face on an old lady and I knew I had her full attention. She pushed her buggy up to me and said " Excuse me sir, but your gun is showing" I told her that it was OK, that I had a license and it was legal to carry openly.....she said" Well I need to get me a holster then" and pulled a small pistol out of her shirt. The little pistol looked as old as she was but I have a feeling that little old lady could put it to good use if she had to.
    I thought that was so funny....right there by the canned beans.

2. Remove Ads

Don't mess with old people! :)
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT 9mm
    CrossBreed Super Tuck
    Glock 27
    Galco IWB
    SureFire E2D

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdridley View Post
    I carry all day/every day, most of the time I carry open but with cold weather, my sidearm does get covered by my jacket or vest. Yesterday, while grocery shopping, I had a down vest on that came down just past the end of the barrel of my Springfield. When I reached up to get something, my weapon was briefly exposed....I saw the face on an old lady and I knew I had her full attention. She pushed her buggy up to me and said " Excuse me sir, but your gun is showing" I told her that it was OK, that I had a license and it was legal to carry openly.....she said" Well I need to get me a holster then" and pulled a small pistol out of her shirt. The little pistol looked as old as she was but I have a feeling that little old lady could put it to good use if she had to.
    I am pretty sure she could
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

LADY WITH A GUN!
    CommonMan101 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdridley View Post
    Great story.
    Just out of curiosity, when you say she pulled it out of her shirt... exactly how was she carrying it in her shirt? Was it in a pocket?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Good for you, good for her! Yep she oughta get a holster, you shoulda given her the names of some of our sponsors here.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    LADY WITH A GUN!
    *OLD* lady with a gun!!!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    DON'T MESS WITH GRANNY!

...Little old ladies are sometimes scary...

(I know the idea of my grandmother carrying scares me terribly.)
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Administrator
    Kinda reminds me of a personal story; I was about 8 or 9, and was grocery shopping with my grandmother. She asked me to dig out her list in her purse... I found the list, but I also found her .357. You must have pushed me over with a feather because she started laughing, and simply said "the neighborhood isn't what it used to be." This was way back when, CCW was very much illegal. She has been dead a long time, and that 357 resides in my own safe now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Awesome....saw a lil ole lady buying ammo @ walmart after I got mine last week
    SA XDM Compact 9mm...that's my edc.... now proud owner of a ruger lcp
    And a Ruger 10/22......
    Jan 2012- got myself a mosin
    To be purchased next in unsure orderr: shotgun, ar, .45(1911 and other), revolver

Quote Originally Posted by hobie16 View Post
    Awesome....saw a lil ole lady buying ammo @ walmart after I got mine last week
    While I haven't seen any of that.. one of the things I have noticed a lot lately is when I go to the gun range there are a lot of women there. I mean, 10 years ago the only time I saw a woman at the gun range was if she was accompanying her boyfriend/husband. But now I see them in there by themselves or with a group of woman on a regular basis. I think that is a fantastic thing. I hope to see more of it, and little old ladies alike.

I have to admit, I am not sure either of my grandmothers should be carrying a gun. Both are in their upper 80's and I doubt either one has the strength to rack the slide on my glock.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Both are in their upper 80's and I doubt either one has the strength to rack the slide on my glock.
    My Grandmother used to have a bicept that most guys could not get from working out at a gym. You try scrubbing pot and pans so they sparkle.

Don't mess with old people,especially old men.They may be vets.They can't outrun you or outfight you so they will just shoot you and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    Don't mess with old people,especially old men.They may be vets.They can't outrun you or outfight you so they will just shoot you and be done with it.
    A few years ago when I was still neck deep in an inner city high school, a teacher got jumped after school by an entire family for the crime of confiscating an iPod disrupting his classroom. The girl he took it from actually slapped him across the face when he took it, but instead of having her arrested as was the county policy the liberal principal at the time sent her home on 10 days outdoor suspension which was really just a 10 day vacation. So she returns to the campus that afternoon late when she knew the teacher would be tutoring for the state FCAT exams on his own time. She, her crackhead mother and her brother the Golden Gloves boxer also a doper, all jumped this small sheep of a math teacher and they beat him almost to death. They broke his jaw in 3 places. That day, I was out sick and home. His room was located right across the hall from mine. Had I been there, I likely would have been right there because I used to stay late to grade papers and let the nuts clear the parking lot first. But I wasn't. So the kids all ask me the next day: "HEY DUDE! You 'Fraid to come to school now?" to which I always gave the same slightly sad reply: "Look folks: I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt whuppin', SO ..... I'm just gonna KILL YA!" And I'd watch as their eyes got the size of dinner plates and they would whisper: "Yeah, we kinda thought you'd say something like that... You sir, are a dangerous man." I'd had a time or two in the past when I'd had to prove that and the word spread as I moved from school to school as friends would call their buddies in the next school like: "Hey! You got a great new government teacher headed your way. He's former US Army Officer. Cool dude, but don't you mess with this guy, cuz bro, he'll kill you graveyard dead." And NO I never killed a student. I just let them know that I could and that I had no reservations about so doing in order to protect myself.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I have my grandmother's 1903 /32 colt in the safe. Fun shooting gun.

Local range has Tuesday 'ladies night'. Women shoot free from 5-8. It's very busy.

Not only husbands/boyfriends/fathers taking their wives/girlfriends/daughters, but women showing up by themselves or with a friend to shoot a box.
    (Truth be told, there are a few women that show up that wouldn't need a gun.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links