Do You Remember the 1st Time? - Page 3

Do You Remember the 1st Time?

This is a discussion on Do You Remember the 1st Time? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, my first purchase was propably in 79 , I ahve had a ccl for 12 years, my first purchase , Colt Combat Commander, and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Do You Remember the 1st Time?

Wow, my first purchase was propably in 79 , I ahve had a ccl for 12 years, my first purchase , Colt Combat Commander, and still have it.... bought it and a MK IV series 70 Gold Cup, new in the box, the gold cup was, and is, from a captain on a boat that spent a lot of money when he was home and needed money to catch boats or whatever, but got a great deal, put the Gold cup up in the safe at my dads house, he said to just forget ya own it son, and am glad I did, as today I have it and it is still new money in the box. Now it sits in my gun safe.
    The first feeling of carrying concealed, i think gave me a little swagger to my step, to be honest, but today, it is just what I do. It is more of a confidence thing, knowing, no matter what, I have the abiliity to stop most anything within reason coming my way, as long as i maintian awareness, and know it is coming.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwinston View Post
    I got my permit about 3 weeks ago. I have had handguns for around 15 years or so. Once I got my permit I started carrying my SW990L .45. About as concealed as I can get it. Still prints some. I cant get use to the IWB nope cant do it, cant stand it. Its just not for me.
    I also do not like IWB, although I do it some, but i bought a bonneville holster from UBG Holsters, is a high ride belt slide holster, that really wears well, I carry a XD40 sc.... covers really well....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwnewman View Post
    Carried for the first time this friday. Dec. 23rd. Got cc permit the 22nd. Glock 30. Wont leave hone without it now.

Sent from my Motorola Photon with Tapatalk
    Right on!
    ~ Sigsi Paige

I have had a number of unpleasant experiences in life - as we all have.

Friends have been murdered, others were shot, my home as a child was broken into many times. We’ve had cars broken into and even had our car stolen.
    None of this made me feel that I needed to have a firearm - Until...

A few years ago we were awakened in the middle of the night by the sound of someone pounding on the front door. It sounded more like they were trying to kick the door in.

Quickly we jumped out of bed and called the police.
    The 911 call was less than encouraging.

We were told that the police would be there in a few minutes - meanwhile questions were peppered at me:
    Where are you now? Are they still there? What do they look like?

Of course I knew where I was, I did not know if they were still there - and if they were on the outside of the house how in the world would I know what they look like?
    When would they come?

We stood in a state of stuper and anxiety, checking on the baby and pacing the floor with a baseball bat.

The police never came.

That was it.

I began my journey.
    Researching firearms, researching court cases and studying, purchasing and training.

I applied for and received my concealed carry license. In truth it was like receiving a lost part of my US citizenship.

At first I felt as if I was standing out - or glowing when I walked out of the house armed.
    Now I feel it is unnatural if I do not.

I love my friends in law enforcement, and my brothers and sisters in the armed forces.
    Yet never again do I want to entrust my life, and the life of those to when, and if they can arrive in time ... or at all.
    CIBMike likes this.
    ~ Sigsi Paige

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links