Arizona OC...

This is a discussion on Arizona OC... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...provoking a response from Police and passers by is usually a non issue........ Places visited while OC: Fry's Food, Walgreens, Walmart, Best Buy, Sweet Tomatoes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Arizona OC...

Arizona OC...

...provoking a response from Police and passers by is usually a non issue........

Places visited while OC: Fry's Food, Walgreens, Walmart, Best Buy, Sweet Tomatoes (Trendy salad bar), Beyond Bread (another liberals hangout), Starbucks, BMW and Honda Motorcycle dealerships, Honda car dealership, McDonalds (even with children present), Wendy's, Sears, Kmart, restaurants that don't serve alcohol by the drink and nearly all convenience stores. Businesses posted with "No weapons" sign I refuse to shop there.

I love Arizona.......

2. Remove Ads

Me too man Arizona is the best

Now if we could just do something about the illegals/border control...AZ could be a great place to live.
    TN_Mike, tkruf and kreinert6 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Much better than Idaho! I recommend anyone contemplating Idaho to go immediately to Az.

My BIL just moved to Idaho and I will be visiting and carrying while there so let me ask: What's wrong with Idaho? I thought they were pretty open on CCW laws...?

(SSHhhhhhhh!!!!!! Don't tell anyone about us! They will want to move here from Ca.) We don't have constitutional carry. Have to get a conceal permit for incorporated areas. It's cold here. Gets below zero during the winter. Have to deal with snow. No cactus's. Wolves are everywhere. You might get attacked by an Elk like happened to my wife! There is green grass in yards so have to mow. There are many slimy things that swim in rivers and lakes that are carnivorous. So many things in Idaho are reason not to come here!

Not to mention all the people that ask me "Why..." about carrying. Why do I carry a 1911 instead of a Glock!

I almost moved there in 2001. Had a job offer (Phoenix area), flew out and looked it over. I probably could have done it but, I really like trees.

Glad AZ is a good fit for you. I do love the gun laws there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now if we could just do something about the illegals/border control...AZ could be a great place to live.
    Agree about the illegals/border control Ret, but AZ, "IS" still a great place to live.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    Agree about the illegals/border control Ret, but AZ, "IS" still a great place to live.
    Yep I am moving back there as soon as I ETS!

What I do not understand is why the police in Arizona to not feel that open carriers are rubbing their noses in it or otherwise take offense to citizens flaunting their rights as some in other threads like to point out.

If a person who open carries in another State where it is not prohibited by law is baiting or otherwise taunting the law aren't those in Arizona doing the same?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    What I do not understand is why the police in Arizona to not feel that open carriers are rubbing their noses in it or otherwise take offense to citizens flaunting their rights as some in other threads like to point out.

If a person who open carries in another State where it is not prohibited by law is baiting or otherwise taunting the law aren't those in Arizona doing the same?

Michael
    Open carry in Arizona isn't taunting the law, open carry in Arizona is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Open carry in Arizona isn't taunting the law, open carry in Arizona is a way of life.
    You Got That Right.Love this state.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    (SSHhhhhhhh!!!!!! Don't tell anyone about us! They will want to move here from Ca.) We don't have constitutional carry. Have to get a conceal permit for incorporated areas. It's cold here. Gets below zero during the winter. Have to deal with snow. No cactus's. Wolves are everywhere. You might get attacked by an Elk like happened to my wife! There is green grass in yards so have to mow. There are many slimy things that swim in rivers and lakes that are carnivorous. So many things in Idaho are reason not to come here!

Not to mention all the people that ask me "Why..." about carrying. Why do I carry a 1911 instead of a Glock!
    I moved to Idaho from california, and its nice to be free and live in a state that respects your rights. When I went back to california to visit some friends a few months ago, the first thing that came to my mind was - wow, I used to live here. I may go back to california to visit, but I will never live there again.

I also carry a full size 1911 and I don`t own a Glock.
    carracer and Magnum like this.

I moved from the Las Vegas area where I lived for over 28 years to AZ, 5 years ago. I should have moved sooner.. Snow birds looks at us as strange when they shop at Wal mart and stand behind someone that is open carrying. If they knew how many were CCing around them they might become more nervous.

Welcome to AZ.

For those in more restrictive states. The streets are not running ankle deep in blood, the ER is not overflowing every night with wounded people and there is not gunfights on main street every Saturday night.

My earlier post had a touch of satire embedded in it. That said to what should we attribute the fact that LEO's in Arizona seem to understand the law while many in other open carry states do not?
    In Arizona the police enforce the law while in other States the police actively work against it.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links