Open carry issue that I have had in Indiana - Page 2

Open carry issue that I have had in Indiana

This is a discussion on Open carry issue that I have had in Indiana within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Except in places which expressly forbid it. oopps I Assumed....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Open carry issue that I have had in Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Except in places which expressly forbid it.
    oopps I Assumed.

Agree 100% Larry....

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If the law states that if you are asked to leave failure to do so is trespassinfg,If you have a problem with it then why are you spending money there?
    That's the real question that you should ask yourself.... I'd say, I have no problem leaving, and taking my friends and our cash with me...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    While I agree that the owner can pick who he wants to serve and there isn't anything wrong with that, the comment about hiding that stupid pistol is a dumb one for sure. This is the open carry part of the site. if you have something against open carry, may I suggest you stay off this part of the forum.

Bubba, I understand your feelings here but it is private property and they can pick and choose what people they serve and what behavior they allow on their property. I would print out one of the many examples of the "No guns = No Money" cards and I'd go in, unarmed and hand it to the manager. I'd also mention that you belong to several web forums and groups and will be spreading the word to all the members that they should avoid his establishment as they are obviously not welcome.

If you do not belong to them I suggest you also head over to INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community and Hoosier Gun Club - Powered by vBulletin and Indiana Shooter as well and join up and let everyone know about this. And don't be shy about naming the place and giving the address. Fellow shooters in Indiana need to know about an anti-carry business out there so they don't have the same bad experience that you did.
    After talking to CaptSmith through PM, I have discovered that he isn't anti-OC but instead just thinks the Judge is a stupid gun. I actually agree with that. I'm not a fan of the Judge or the other versions of the "shotgun revolver" out there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Wow. Thanks to everyone who has replied. I actually went and spoke with the owner this morning. Let her know that I'm glad to hear her small business is doing so well and that I'd be taking about $2200 a year in purchases else where. Apparently she wasn't aware of any problems, and that she actually carries herself. She said that this isn't the first time that this waitress has made a big deal about those who open carry. She bought me breakfast, said she would handle the situation, and gave her cell number in case there are anymore issues.

To CaptSmith and TN_Mike: Personally I love my Judge.... Although I will admit that it has it's place and isn't my typical carry weapon unless I'm fairly close to home. Usually if I'm headed to a major city (home town population is 500), or plan to actually do more than just sit there I need something a little less bulky... Usually its either my PF9, P-38T, or ROSSI M46202 .357. I'm not crazy enough to carry a judge 24/7. It's way to big for that.

Glad it all worked out for you bubba.....and you got a free breakfast. Communication is the key.
    I open carry all day, everyday. My sidearm is a part of me and if I spend my money in your establishment, I have to be welcomed. I wouldn't take my pants off to get to come in and eat breakfast, so why would I take my sidearm off? No Guns=No Money

IMG_0220.jpg
    This is the sign in the window of my business.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Vote with your money, not your mouth.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Thanks for the update, and for the reminder that sometimes, the hired help believe they own and run the place. Glad it all worked out.
    Eagleks likes this.

I would normally ask for a manager as some folks are just self important. if they are the manager, i will comply and will let them know about losing my business and also letting them know that i will be in touch with Corporate or their boss. Other than that, I am gone and will not be back to that establishment.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Wow...you spend $2200 a year eating at a local truck stop?
    Proud NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by larrylandon View Post
    Open carry only entices the idiots to harass you.

Don't Ask -- Don't Tell. Don't answer questions. Smile -- Order -- Eat --- Pay --- Leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by brozelle View Post
    Agree 100% Larry....
    And, again I am forced to ask, if you do not agree with Open Carry, why would you come onto the Open Carry section of the forum and make this type of comment if not to be a troll? Seriously, are you only here to try to start arguments? If so, do us all a favor and cancel your account now.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba4289 View Post
    Wow. Thanks to everyone who has replied. I actually went and spoke with the owner this morning. Let her know that I'm glad to hear her small business is doing so well and that I'd be taking about $2200 a year in purchases else where. Apparently she wasn't aware of any problems, and that she actually carries herself. She said that this isn't the first time that this waitress has made a big deal about those who open carry. She bought me breakfast, said she would handle the situation, and gave her cell number in case there are anymore issues.

To CaptSmith and TN_Mike: Personally I love my Judge.... Although I will admit that it has it's place and isn't my typical carry weapon unless I'm fairly close to home. Usually if I'm headed to a major city (home town population is 500), or plan to actually do more than just sit there I need something a little less bulky... Usually its either my PF9, P-38T, or ROSSI M46202 .357. I'm not crazy enough to carry a judge 24/7. It's way to big for that.
    Bubba, I didn't mean to imply I didn't think you should carry your Judge. I just think they are not for me. That's all.

I'm glad you talked to the manager. I have seen this kind of situation before. One employee who interacts with the public taking it upon themselves to try to keep the carrying customers out. The manager either is pro-carry or indifferent and doesn't know they have an employee who is running paying customers off. I'm glad you spoke to her and got it taken care of. Well done!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

yea;what everyone else said

Quote Originally Posted by bubba4289 View Post

I find it hard to believe that if the business owner actually feels this way that she would allow an employee to act in this manner more than once. If I were her boss I would warn her once. Next time she would be fired.

Michael
    Eagleks likes this.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Glad the owner is taking care of you thats nice to hear.

New plan get rid of the employee as she is running off business

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    In any private business, whether open to the public or not, all customers are "invitees" and can be asked to leave for any reason at any time. Good for business? Not necessarily, but within the business's right to do so.

The solution is simple, comply or go elsewhere. Why does this continue to be an issue?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links