OC question in NC - Page 2

OC question in NC

This is a discussion on OC question in NC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is actually easier to memorize where you CAN carry a weapon in NC. The list is so much shorter and easier to remember. Jus ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OC question in NC

It is actually easier to memorize where you CAN carry a weapon in NC. The list is so much shorter and easier to remember. Jus sayin...
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I appologize if I misread your post but VA. recently changed the OC only in restaurants that serve alcohol to allow concealed carry. Always a really stange law IMO.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

OC question in NC

Quote Originally Posted by wnccarry View Post
    Have to agree NC BULLSEYE, - Never mix guns and booze, never. ... People, drunk people with firearms never remain calm, never listen and never backdown even when they are the ones that are wrong.
    You are setting yourself up for lots of liability and many issues later if anything ever did happen.
    While I do agree, especially with the liability part, I also believe that if someone is the type that becomes a raging jerk after they have had a few beers that they have issues to where they probably should not be around firearms even when sober.

Edit: there is also a difference between being intoxicated to drunkenness and drinking a small or moderate amount.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    While I do agree, especially with the liability part, I also believe that if someone is the type that becomes a raging jerk after they have had a few beers that they have issues to where they probably should not be around firearms even when sober.
    I have to disagree.... I am a raging jerk when I am drunk. Its why I no longer drink and have not for over 15 years. Normally I am rather laid back. Not when I was drinking though. So I don't go there. That does not by any means indicate I have a problem being responsible with my firearms. On the contrary, my choice to NOT drink is simply part of the same responsibility I choose to exercise with my firearms - whether I choose to carry or not. Its the same responsibility I utilize every day in life.

I don't care if someone is a giggly drunk - intoxicated is intoxicate and impaired judgement is impaired judgement. Alcohol and guns (or cars) don't mix regardless of the "type" of drunk.

Maybe I'm wrong but I assume the OP wasn't going to be drinking, just his wife. If the bill passed I probably wouldnt drink anymore, carrying is more important than drinking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links