OC question in NC

OC question in NC

This is a discussion on OC question in NC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Of course we can't carry concealed into a restaurant that serves alcohol here in NC but can you just remove your cover garment and OC?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: OC question in NC

OC question in NC

Of course we can't carry concealed into a restaurant that serves alcohol here in NC but can you just remove your cover garment and OC?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not an answer but I was always under the impression that you could not. Thats from lurking on the opencarry.com forum they always pick someplace that does not serve alcohol for their meets.
    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

No, in NC there are NO firearms open or concealed allowed where alcohol is sold and consumed. The bill from last session is still viable for this so don't forget to write your reps and ask that it get passed this year!

Just to re affirm the above post.

14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed.
    (a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry any gun, rifle, or pistol into any assembly where a fee has been charged for admission thereto, or into any establishment in which alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.
    (b) This section shall not apply to the following:
    (1) A person exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269;
    (2) The owner or lessee of the premises or business establishment;
    (3) A person participating in the event, if he is carrying a gun, rifle, or pistol with the permission of the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event; and
    (4) A person registered or hired as a security guard by the owner, lessee, or person or organization sponsoring the event.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Thanks everyone. I drive my wife crazy because for the last five years I won't go out to eat unless it is a place that doesn't serve alcohol. I was looking for a way to satisfy both of us but I think that is out of the question. I guess I will give in, take her, and leave the EDC in the car.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I drive my wife crazy because for the last five years I won't go out to eat unless it is a place that doesn't serve alcohol. I was looking for a way to satisfy both of us but I think that is out of the question. I guess I will give in, take her, and leave the EDC in the car.
    You could always take her up to Virginia, they finally got their law straightened out for CC and restaurants that serve alcohol.
    tkruf and Snatale42 like this.

No gun does not mean unarmed. Pepper spray, knife, even a flashlight. Not my preferred armament, but it's what I carry when I can't take the gun. My wife prefers Cracker Barrel, so we are good.

Also, here is the bill that is in committee that would allow carry in restaurants the serve alcohol. Let your Reps know that you want this passed.

North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 111 Information/History (2011-2012 Session)
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    You could always take her up to Virginia, they finally got their law straightened out for CC and restaurants that serve alcohol.
    In VA if you plan to have a drink with your meal you must OC.

The law as it was changed:

J3. No person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or
    club as defined in 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises
    consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia; may consume an alcoholic beverage while on the premises. A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. However, nothing in this subsection shall apply to a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I've been hearing and reading a lot of comments that they think restaurant carry is coming soon.

In the mean time, you need to be careful because there are a couple different restrictions in play: both no firearms and no concealed firearms. For example LEO facilities are no concealed, banks used to be no concealed.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    In VA if you plan to have a drink with your meal you must OC.

The law as it was changed:
    I don't drink and carry firearms period so makes no difference to me but thanks for the cite.

[QUOTE=NC Bullseye;2132817]I don't drink and carry firearms period so makes no difference to me but thanks for the cite.[/QUO}
    Have to agree NC BULLSEYE, - Never mix guns and booze, never. I know there are poeple that wouldn't and just want the chance to eat where they serve, but it is not a good combination. People, drunk people with firearms never remain calm, never listen and never backdown even when they are the ones that are wrong.
    You are setting yourself up for lots of liability and many issues later if anything ever did happen.

JOHN

chiefjason: "No gun does not mean unarmed. Pepper spray, knife, even a flashlight. Not my preferred armament, but it's what I carry when I can't take the gun. My wife prefers Cracker Barrel, so we are good. "

I add phone to that list. I'm of the mind that if I need to use any of it I need to call the police also - before/after incident.
    Last edited by CommonMan101; January 16th, 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: missed putting in quote

I thought Cracker Barrell corporate policy was no guns allowed?

The Cracker Barrells I have been into in NC do not have any signs prohibiting guns.

Hell to the NO... And, don't even consider it!!!
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links