Valentines Day - Page 2

Valentines Day

This is a discussion on Valentines Day within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may stop and get Starbucks for the whole office on the 14th! And, I'll definitely be sending a message of support to the company....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Valentines Day

I may stop and get Starbucks for the whole office on the 14th!

And, I'll definitely be sending a message of support to the company.

I'm not that crazy about Starbucks overpriced coffee......................but I will fork out several bucks for their coffee at a few Tucson SB places on the 14th. Also, I believe I'll take along a West German SIG P220, in OC of course.

I'm surprised to see how many members here are having tunnel vision on the 2A position of Starbucks!?!? I never patronize starbucks and my money will never see the cash registers of starbucks. Please do some research on who the CEO and the members of the board of directors are at starbucks. You will think twice about spending your money at one of their stores. Their political donations, are heavily favored to democrats and often end up in the coffers of many politicians who favor anti-gun legislation. We have to look at issues from all angles and Starbucks is taking a calculated risk on the gun issue. Their customer base is primarily apolitical, and don't run the risk of alienating them. I'm sorry but I must descent from the popular opinion in this threat.

I sent an email to them. Got a reply from the anti gun site putting this on. They thanked me for supporting their boycott. Guess they didn't read it. Imagine that.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Here is the reply I received. Pretty staight forward:

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I went to their FB page and posted my support for them and their policy towards we law abiding firearms owners.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Posted this message on my facebook page:

It has come to my attention that a radical fringe group called the National Gun Victim's Action Council has called for a boycott of Starbucks' products on Valentines Day to protest their policies regarding the second amendment. Nationwide, Starbucks has refused to restrict the lawful carry of open and concealed firearms on their property any more than the state of each location requires. Example: In Ohio, the concealed carry of a handgun is 100% legal if a non-felonious citizen age 21 and over goes through the required classes and background checks to obtain a permit. Openly carrying a handgun (in plain sight) only requires that the person doing so is a non-felon and is of age 21. This group is mad that Starbucks refuses to excercise their as a business to not allow even legal carry of a firearm on their property. I have only had Starbucks twice in my life, but I will be buying a coffee there Valentines Day, and maybe even get Becca a caramel apple cider, twice. I suggest you do the same to support a company that, despite being pressured to do so have refused to restrict a right given to you by the people that founded our country. :)
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I will definitely make a point of buying a few bags of beans from them

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Dear Starbucks,
    I do NOT support the Valentine’s Day launch of a boycott against Starbucks. I will visit Starbucks store and continue to purchase Starbucks products while openly carrying my firearm. I am glade your company has NOT joined the other national disgraces — including Disney, IKEA, California Pizza Kitchen and others — in banning our second amendment right and the our rights as U.S. citizens to protect our lives and loved ones in the face of ruthless criminals.

Thousands of people have carried their firearms whether openly or concealed in your establishments without a single person being harmed. I stand by a company who respects our rights, and recognizes that firearms are not the cause of crime.

I am pleased to know that Starbucks is fitting the socially conscious company that you promote. Many other companies such as Wal-mart, Lowes, Sam’s Club and Home Depot also allow the legal carrying of firearms. I support any business, like Starbucks, that allow their responsible customers to have the best means capable in protecting their lives and loved ones from violent criminal attacks. It is estimated that citizens use firearms over 2.5 million times a year to defend themselves from violent criminals.

If Starbucks continues to allow law-abiding customers the right to carry firearms, I will continue to spend my hard earned money on your products.
    Sincerely,
    A returning customer

Please post and forward this on your blogs or favorite site.. feel free to copy and email Starbucks this I changed up a bit.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Count me in!

I hate coffee and Starbucks, but damn right I will be there to support them as much as humanly possible.

To see the response to this proposed boycott all over the internet, it looks like SB will have a banner day on the 14th. They might even run out of coffee.

WARNING: before clicking on the anti's press release (in OP) you might want to duct tape your head before reading such stupidity so that your head doesn't explode all over your computer screen.
    If you have the Kevlar reinforced duct tape, take a look at the NGVAC's website. They claim to represent 14million - but that's only by lumping some probably exaggerated numbers of "victims and their families" into their fold. At one point, they claim to outnumber the NRA 50:1. Wow, they have 200million+ members/supporters? What kind of weed they smokin'?

I think on the 14th the business at SB will be as good as any online poll for seeing where the sentiment lies regarding gun control.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I deleted the anti message and wrote a message of support for Starbucks. I received the answer from Starbucks shown in a post above and a thank you from the Anti's for sending their drivel to Starbucks. I wrote back to the anti's explaining what I had done and then politely sent them a few facts regarding the Second Amendment, the NRA, and a few statistics such as the violent crime rate in the UK since the gun ban took effect. (up 400%) Funny, but I haven't heard back from them. I did inform them of how much support and extra business they have generated for Starbucks with their misguided attack on our rights and the rights of Starbucks.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Well I just came from Starbucks to show my support. I explained to the clerk that I am not a regular customer but was there to show support of their corporate policy to respect the rights of individuals. I payed and tipped with $2 bills. And the guy in front of me was wearing 5.11 tac lite pants so I believe he was there for the same reason.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

I just posted this on my Facebook. Going to Starbucks now. >:-)

Hey everybody. Don't forget to buy a cup or two of Starbucks coffee today. They have repeatedly supported the 2nd Amendment right to "Keep and Bear Arms," and are being "boycotted" today by an anti-2nd Amendment group for their stand. Be sure to tell the Mgr. that you are there to support them because they support us.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links