Cali trying to ban more OC....

This is a discussion on Cali trying to ban more OC.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We new it would happen, but Cali is really getting stupid.... California lawmaker targets open carrying of long guns in public - latimes.com...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fox2102

Thread: Cali trying to ban more OC....

Cali trying to ban more OC....

We new it would happen, but Cali is really getting stupid....

California lawmaker targets open carrying of long guns in public - latimes.com
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

I think we need to just cut off California and send it floating into the pacific
    Mr B likes this.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fox2102 View Post
    I think we need to just cut off California and send it floating into the pacific
    AMEN!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by fox2102 View Post
    I agree, but then again I've been trying to get a petition started to GIVE every thing west of Jackson, TN to Arkansas!

12-21-2012 it might happen.....LOL
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

There is a reason there are more murder & serial killers thru history, than anywhere else. All of their victims are unarmed and can't defend themselves.

The "feel good " laws of California, don't fit reality, and until citizens get the clue and change who they put in office, they'll be stuck with the nanny state they have.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    “Unfortunately, the open carry community has decided to once again force our hand by escalating their unnecessary activities and entering our communities with AR-15s and other long guns,’’ Portantino said. "I had hoped cooler heads would have prevailed and this law wouldn’t be necessary, obviously that hasn’t been the case and I must once again take action to ensure the safety of our communities.”
    In any rational debate, Assemblyman Portantino would have to provide the statistics of how his banning open carry makes California communites safer than others around the country that have open carry as proof of his statement. We have the Second Amendment, we have demonstrable evidence that exercising the RKBA does not threaten the safety of our communities, we have the Supreme Court and other clear voices speaking these truths. But no rational debate. I doubt that the politicians that expect our state to run bankrupt listen to reason. They may force the federal government to seize our state.
    Portantino's website says that he took this action "at the urging of law enforcement", an unholy alliance against our 2A rights by police and political powers that be.
    One thing that we can do is to keep fighting the good fight to elect rational assembly members.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Links