Open Carry Wal-Mart - Page 4

Open Carry Wal-Mart

This is a discussion on Open Carry Wal-Mart within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by moosha Has anyone contacted Wal-mart about allowing open carry in their stores ? I have contacted our local Wal-Mart (Fallon Nevada). The ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Open Carry Wal-Mart

Quote Originally Posted by moosha View Post
    Has anyone contacted Wal-mart about allowing open carry in their stores ? I have contacted our local Wal-Mart (Fallon Nevada). The manager said "NO WAY NEVER GOIN TO HAPPEN" in this store. I thanked him for his time and response and went on my way. He told me Concealled Carry was permitted.
    I would have said; DANG! I guess I'll just conceal it then....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    The Manager on duty does have the power to ask you to leave for OC. He may get into hot water with corporate but you have to leave or It's trespassing! I open carry in Northern Kentucky walmarts.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Walmart has a policy of following the laws of whatever state or commonwealth they're located in, so if you live in a a place that allows open carry, then Walmart allows it, as well. Be aware, however, that even though Walmart's corporate policy is to follow the law, individual managers, assistant managers, cashiers, stock boys, greeters, and so on might not be aware of this, and might ask or demand that you leave. I suggest you do as they ask. I've heard about guys open carrying who will argue their case to the employee, which is a stupid move. Ask the employee their name, then leave, contact corporate, and file a complaint with them, including the name of the person who violated corporate policy. Or better yet, don't shop at Walmart at all, and spend your money with local businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Richz28 View Post
    I was at the local Wal-Mart in Kannapolis NC and was asked to leave and was told if I return with my OC they would call the police. The problem I have with this situation was they waited till after I had spent over 300+ on a gun purchase/amo with 2 managers and 1 employee helping me to say something. I was in the store for almost 2 hours and was not once asked about my OC till I was walking out the store.
    My response would have been along the lines of "Ok, here's my receipt, you start the processing the refund while I go and secure my weapon in my car. I'll be back for the money in a couple minutes."
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Even if your state law allows it, it is up the the business as if they will allow it.

A lot of it has to do with your response. I've had one experience where an employee came up to me and said "That's not a real gun is it?" I said "Yes it is." Most of them are crusaders, but won't assert their beliefs out of irrational fear of an armed individual. Just remain polite and use a level even tone and explain that you are lawfully carrying a weapon for lawful purposes as permitted by state law/constitution and the united states consitution. Most employees back down and apologize when confronted with fact. The one who did that to me is always at all times extremely helpful and puts on a friendly air whenever I am in the store now. However, there are the hard-headed who will never accept anything they don't agree with...

Posted this in an OC Wal-Mart thread elsewhere on this forum.

A buddy of mine that works in Asset Protection for them here in UT told me that NO Wal-Mart employee is allowed to say anything to a customer about OCing if it's legal for you to do so(state laws, etc...) I OC in the one in Sandy all the time and no one has ever said anything.
    carracer likes this.
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links