Starbucks responds - Page 2

Starbucks responds

This is a discussion on Starbucks responds within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by varob When is this boycott scheduled for? I'm not a regular customer of Starbucks, but will spend few bucks there that day. ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Starbucks responds

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    When is this boycott scheduled for? I'm not a regular customer of Starbucks, but will spend few bucks there that day.
    If you dig deep, enough they are calling for a ban until Starbucks changes the policy; I have told the misses get one everyday maybe two. I do not travel by one in my daily routine but she does. The response may be generic, but any company that does not hinder my ability to defend family and myself or step on the 2nd Amendment is worth supporting in my book.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    February 14. Bring your sweetie. And your preferred weapon.
    My buddie and his family will be bringing their AR-15s to the store in their slings! It will be nice to see people openly exercising their rights and enjoying lattes.

Please tell me they are from Cal.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Please tell me they are from Cal.
    Sarbucks is based out of Seattle I believe. Their first store was in Sesttle on Pike place.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Glancing through the comments, about 100 of them or so (out of what looks to be 500 or so), I have yet to find an anti post aside from the initial dung pile that started the comment chain. Not surprisingly, there have been several complaints about them removing comments. Makes me wonder if their anti position isn't quite as popular as they thought?

Apparently, it won't get Jon Stewart's attention until someone throws a chair through a window. At least that's what he claims. The anti-2A crowd is going to be sorely disappointed to discover not only has their boycott failed, but actually improved their business. I expect most people would rather frequent a criminal free zone than a gun free zone. You can't have it both ways. Not everyone is big enough, or strong enough to defend themselves against an outmatched opponent. Criminals being generally lazy and stupid, aren't going to be properly trained in the use of a firearm, and that's what levels the playing field for law abiding citizens along with the privilege to exercise their 2A rights.

+1 for your advocacy and +1 for Starbucks response.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
    I'm still grappling with the thought of spending five bucks for a cup of coffee
    Their largest "regular" coffee (venti/20oz) will be less than $2.50 (here it's $2.39). It's when you step up to espresso drinks that the prices jump up. A venti vanilla latte will cost you $4.20 around here.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Sarbucks is based out of Seattle I believe. Their first store was in Sesttle on Pike place.
    Sorry, I know that Starbucks is a Seattle co. I was refering to the post above mine about the ARs. Hoping it was at a Calif. location as that is the only option they have. If not, this is the kind of thing that gets the the oc group in hot water and critisism from the rest of the firearms community.

All of the things that the cc crowd throw at us are exemplified by long gun carry at these events. It is difficult to convince people that we carry sidearms as everyday attire and that we are going about our business as usual. Long gun carry is not the norm. I could see LG carry on dates such as July 4th and 9/11 as a statement.

If One is planning on LG carry I would hope it would be done with the best in manners and attire as possible. It has taken a long time to get where we are and will take a much longer time to get Long Gun carry to this point.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Fweb. 14? I'll be there. While they seem to take a more 'neutral' position towards OC/CC (just supporting the law, not for/against carrying in itself), they're not openly against it- they get my vote. They'd get it a lot more often if it was a little less expensive.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Fweb. 14? I'll be there. While they seem to take a more 'neutral' position towards OC/CC (just supporting the law, not for/against carrying in itself), they're not openly against it- they get my vote. They'd get it a lot more often if it was a little less expensive.
    Could somebody please fill me in? I've read this entire thread and can't seem to find anything on this boycott. I'm not even sure which side is doing the boycotting. I've tried googling but all I find is that dumb facebook page and there is not much info there.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I think Starbucks' response is the best we can hope for. No Corporation is going to put up a "GUNS WELCOME HERE" sign. Some Corporations see the value in not excluding any paying customers. Now if a bunch of gunnies showed up with posters and weren't buying the Colombian, there would be a different response. I believe Starbucks is loving that us motivated gun owners are willing to shill out discretionary cash to a 'neutral' party that will consequently improve their bottom line. Remember that a Corporation that is not overly politically motivated views every business decision through their cash register.

On a lighter note, I'd like to open my own coffee shop, call it something like "Magnum Coffee." First I'd collude with all the antis I could find and go public with banning guns. A few days later I would issue a public apology, admit to being enlightened by the pro-gun facts, and completely reverse my decision. Then I'd just kick back and wait for the money to start rolling in!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Could somebody please fill me in? I've read this entire thread and can't seem to find anything on this boycott. I'm not even sure which side is doing the boycotting. I've tried googling but all I find is that dumb facebook page and there is not much info there.
    There was another thread about it somewhere on here. Some anti gun organization is organizing a boycott on FEB 14. The goal was to change Starbucks policy towards firearms in their stores.

People want us to go to show support and render the boycott ineffective. Sounds good to me. Watch out though people. Sometimes their coffee tastes burnt.

A small coffee is $1.65 or something like that around here. Not that big, but they brew it strong. You save ten cents if you bring in your own container. They are trying to cut down on cup waste.

They are actually a pretty decent company. I had a friend who worked for them, and they seem to maintain a positive environment and corporate culture. Health insurance and other benefits are actually good, and wages aren't bad either. If you go in you will see they can maintain employment with relatively low turnover. That tells you they must be doing something right.

Aside from that they are involved in converting most coffees over to fair trade and I believe organics where possible. Portions of profits go towards training farmers in sustainable growing, and helps develop the regions that they buy from. Cups have been converted to more easily recyclable package when possible.

Overall they are a proactive company that seems to take care of their people and communities. Go give them some money on the 14th.

The original post on this issue was on 01/23/12 and the link to the anit-2A was this
    Starbucks' 'Pro-Gun' Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on... -- CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

OP-multistage

VIP Member
    As far as I am concerned, Starbucks has some of the worst coffee on the planet. That said, I am going to start drinking it in light of this latest effort.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    As far as I am concerned, Starbucks has some of the worst coffee on the planet. That said, I am going to start drinking it in light of this latest effort.
    Try their new blonde roast, it's a lighter roast without the strong bitter aftertaste of some of their other blends.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links