Starbucks responds - Page 3

Starbucks responds

This is a discussion on Starbucks responds within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Same response I got, neutral ground which is OK by me....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Starbucks responds

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Same response I got, neutral ground which is OK by me.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I don't mind Starbucks coffee, it tastes like real coffee that wasn't made with a half scoop of Folgers. Glad to see that they are at least not backing down to anti gunners, I'll continue to visit them.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I saw this in concealed carry issues and posted this in response:

The National Gun Victim's Action Council is planning to leave handouts at the Starbucks they visit on Valentine's day...

This is what they look like:

leave-behind.gif

Here is a link to their pdf file. Link

I am working on a "counter pdf" to leave if you're interested... as soon as I get it done, I'll post it here... and you can print one off and take it to your local Starbucks on Valentine's day...
    I'm starting work on the response pdf... I don't think I can post a pdf on here... but when it's done, I'll post a pic of it and you could pm me for a copy...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    There was another thread about it somewhere on here. Some anti gun organization is organizing a boycott on FEB 14. The goal was to change Starbucks policy towards firearms in their stores.

People want us to go to show support and render the boycott ineffective. Sounds good to me. Watch out though people. Sometimes their coffee tastes burnt.
    OK. I was trying to figure out what I could do to show support for our side. Where I live we can't open carry. I didn't know if there was going to be a protest. The most I could hope to do is show up wearing a pro-firearms shirt or a poster.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    OK. I was trying to figure out what I could do to show support for our side. Where I live we can't open carry. I didn't know if there was going to be a protest. The most I could hope to do is show up wearing a pro-firearms shirt or a poster.
    But you can concealed carry... do so, and spend your money at Starbucks that day
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I will be going to visit all local Starbucks on Feb. 14... I ordered a t-shirt from StormCo.com with a logo of Starbucks but it says "I love coffee and guns" that will say a lot that day!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
    I'm still grappling with the thought of spending five bucks for a cup of coffee
    5 bucks for designer drinks and other assorted foo foo junk. Their regular coffee only costs about a buck and a half

lets hope they don't fold under to the pressure and stay true to what they say. I for one don't drink coffee but I will go and support them when they support us

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Sorry, I know that Starbucks is a Seattle co. I was refering to the post above mine about the ARs. Hoping it was at a Calif. location as that is the only option they have. If not, this is the kind of thing that gets the the oc group in hot water and critisism from the rest of the firearms community.

All of the things that the cc crowd throw at us are exemplified by long gun carry at these events. It is difficult to convince people that we carry sidearms as everyday attire and that we are going about our business as usual. Long gun carry is not the norm. I could see LG carry on dates such as July 4th and 9/11 as a statement.

If One is planning on LG carry I would hope it would be done with the best in manners and attire as possible. It has taken a long time to get where we are and will take a much longer time to get Long Gun carry to this point.
    I posted that comment as well.

I don't understand why long gun carry is not the norm. Nor do I understand why it is going to get criticized by the rest of the firearms community.

What is the point of posting that they carry with best manners and attire as possible? It seems like you feel that they will not be doing so simply because they will carrying a long gun? How is it different from carrying a pistol in regards to manners and the attire needed?

I believe they are planning to wear some Black or tan BDU style vests, hiking boots, usual cargo pockets, thigh holsters, and normal bug out gear to Starbucks and around the local shopping areas. I don't see the problem.

Yeah, I guess you don't.

I really hope some of the OC crowd doesn't go overboard with the rifles and cammying up like a bunch of airsoft geeks. Seriously, act like you have carried before.
    thephanatik and AZJD1968 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Dear Starbucks,
    I do NOT support the Valentine’s Day launch of a boycott against Starbucks. I will visit Starbucks store and continue to purchase Starbucks products while openly carrying my firearm. I am glade your company has NOT joined the other national disgraces — including Disney, IKEA, California Pizza Kitchen and others — in banning our second amendment right and the our rights as U.S. citizens to protect our lives and loved ones in the face of ruthless criminals.

Thousands of people have carried their firearms whether openly or concealed in your establishments without a single person being harmed. I stand by a company who respects our rights, and recognizes that firearms are not the cause of crime.

I am pleased to know that Starbucks is fitting the socially conscious company that you promote. Many other companies such as Wal-mart, Lowes, Sam’s Club and Home Depot also allow the legal carrying of firearms. I support any business, like Starbucks, that allow their responsible customers to have the best means capable in protecting their lives and loved ones from violent criminal attacks. It is estimated that citizens use firearms over 2.5 million times a year to defend themselves from violent criminals.

If Starbucks continues to allow law-abiding customers the right to carry firearms, I will continue to spend my hard earned money on your products.
    Sincerely,
    A returning customer

Please post and forward this on your blogs or favorite site.. feel free to copy and email Starbucks this I changed up a bit.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Been boycotting Starbucks going on a few years now due to their disgusting anti union policies and the fact that they sell a 3rd world cash crop that exploits whole nations of impoverished overworked people. Screw starbucks.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Yeah, I guess you don't.
    Please explain it to me. What attire is appropriate to exercise your rights? How is carrying a rifle different then a pistol? The rifle is easier to retain in some situations. Plus it is more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    5 bucks for designer drinks and other assorted foo foo junk. Their regular coffee only costs about a buck and a half
    To paraphrase The Breakfast Club, "Hey, I like that foo foo junk"!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links