Starbucks responds - Page 6

Starbucks responds

This is a discussion on Starbucks responds within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TxCommish I just sent this to Starbucks. Waiting for a response. Please pass this on to those in charge. I understand there ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Starbucks responds

Quote Originally Posted by TxCommish View Post
    I just sent this to Starbucks. Waiting for a response.

Please pass this on to those in charge.
    I understand there will be a boycott of your stores on February 14th, 2012 by an anti- Second Amendment group. Your company supports my right to carry a properly licensed concealed handgun on your property and they don't like that. I understand your desire to stay out of the fray and just sell coffee. But, please know that I appreciate your stand for the law of the land and although I'm not a Starbucks customer, I plan to visit my local store on Feb. 14th and purchase plenty of coffee as a counterpoint to the so called boycott. From what I can see, a lot of other pro second amendment folks are going to be doing the same. It's our way of saying, "thank you."
    Late last night I got the same canned response email that Multistage included in his OP. Looks like they are trying to stay out of this one. But, I'm still gonna go get some Starbucks coffee on the 14th.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

I am going to follow the idea shared on the ITS website. They suggested that we all go to our banks and get 2 dollar bills so that Starbucks will know we were there. The deuce has the signing of the Declaration of Independence on the back. How appropriate for the day of the boycott!
    jrclen likes this.
    2 Chr 7:14

I don't drink Coffee much less the over priced coffee at Starbucks so this is not an issue for me. In the event that I get pushed into a Starbucks Location I will be caring concealed...... So they cannot do a thing except hit the floor when the shooting starts....
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I don't drink Coffee much less the over priced coffee at Starbucks so this is not an issue for me. In the event that I get pushed into a Starbucks Location I will be caring concealed...... So they cannot do a thing except hit the floor when the shooting starts....
    Why would you start shooting? Are the prices so high you feel like you are being robbed?

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    And if they asked you not to carry concealed or openly, I assume you rouldnt go in? And the coffee isn't overpriced unless you don't understand economics. The market will bear the cost.
    Last edited by Toorop; February 12th, 2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    carracer likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    And if they asked you not to carry concealed or openly, I assume you rouldnt go in?
    This is the whole point of the subject of this thread. The company has stated that they will abide by the laws of the state, meaning that will not preempt by allowing managers to post gun buster signs. The objective is to support businesses that adopt this philosophy and in this particular case counter an alleged boycott by the anti's.

And the coffee isn't overpriced unless you don't understand economics. The market will bear the cost.
    In terms of plain everyday coffee it is more expensive than I am willing to pay. It is more expensive, in part, because it is more expensive to produce and to maintain the franchise image, store atmosphere, and the products which I understand require special machines. I, personally, like most of their coffee but don't go for the fancy, sugar laden concoctions, which my wife likes. As such, we will get them once in a while, but don't go out of our way for it.

It all comes down to dollar spent per unit satisfaction, of which their 2A (neutral) position is a part.
    carracer likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    It isn't plain everyday coffee. It has the image to back it up. That is part of it.

My wife and I love Starbucks' French Roast. We grind our own beans. But I don't like their politics. If anyone can recommend a coffee that is similar to their French Roast I'd buy it and forget about Starbucks.

"their politics"? They don't pre-empt local/state law. That seems supportive of the Constitution to my thinking. Beyond that, I could care less.

I plan to visit the local Starbucks at least once tomorrow. Possibly even twice. :)
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
    "their politics"? They don't pre-empt local/state law. That seems supportive of the Constitution to my thinking. Beyond that, I could care less.

I plan to visit the local Starbucks at least once tomorrow. Possibly even twice. :)
    I don't think that those are the politics to which he was referring... but a lot of people assume things based on whether something is located in Seattle or not...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

I like to think I'm a bit more open-minded than that.... ;)
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by lazytl View Post
    My wife and I love Starbucks' French Roast. We grind our own beans. But I don't like their politics. If anyone can recommend a coffee that is similar to their French Roast I'd buy it and forget about Starbucks.
    Peet's.

A free market philosophy. Quite refreshing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links