A terrible mistake with Starbucks

This is a discussion on A terrible mistake with Starbucks within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree with CTR. I favor this forum the most because it is moderated well and doesn't allow especially religious or political topics. If you ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: A terrible mistake with Starbucks

I agree with CTR. I favor this forum the most because it is moderated well and doesn't allow especially religious or political topics.

If you are here on this forum you should be here to talk about guns and all things self defense related.

If you want to discuss politics or religion, go somewhere else.

There is a forum I go to less frequently because it seems that half the threads are either disparaging Obama or praising Jesus. I can't stand it and find myself going there less and less.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    My apologies. Cut this if you want. I guess I am a little taken aback by the VERY nasty fiction that I have read about myself.
    It sounds as if you are now Facebook Troll poo. I'm sorry to hear it. (I have the "Been there and done that" tee shirt too.) I have learned to reply, "I'm not willing to share my opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    From time to time it may be worth taking a look around. Notice anything different about DC from other sites? I sure do. It is us, the members, the moderators, the community. No cusing, no bad language, very few vulger references. I have always believed you can tell a lot about a person by the way they conduct themselves and articulate the point of view. Those who can do so without resorting to the former, personal attacks, and small behavior in general are gentlemen. That is one of the many things that makes DC special among other sites, in my opinion.
    Agreed! I just joined this forum, and I must say it is awesome. All the folks on here are really cool!
    Totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Who doesn't like debating religious topics on the internet? It's the greatest waste of time in the history of the world, but it's fun. I also have to make a conscious effort not to curse on this site, but so it goes.

As for the OP - if somebody gets that upset over a facebook post, then screw 'em. Your point of view is fairly common. I don't believe any state has allowed gay marriage due to popular vote.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I agree with CTR. I favor this forum the most because it is moderated well and doesn't allow especially religious or political topics.

If you are here on this forum you should be here to talk about guns and all things self defense related.

If you want to discuss politics or religion, go somewhere else.

There is a forum I go to less frequently because it seems that half the threads are either disparaging Obama or praising Jesus. I can't stand it and find myself going there less and less.
    I could not have said it better. I am a liberal myself but I dislike the idea of politics on a carry forum. If there was a subforum for it that would be fine but it isn't my board to decide. I've been banned from another forum for heated debates as they only allowed one political view to be voiced. I like it here where it is not about political views.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is with the locking down of some of these threads. Sure, I understand the rules, and rules must be enforced. But like today with the WWJC thread, it was shut down and really, there were no hostile words being spoken. Are we at a zero tolerance here on the forum, or has the new ownership put a lockdown status on any issue that people are interested in that may have some controversy?
    Well buddy, you certainly were wailing for (and received) a lockdown when I posted a couple of articles about innocent people killed by LE.
    Which way do you want it?
    Controversy must be in the eye of the beholder.
    Dumbledork likes this.

"WWJD" ?

What is this? What would JD do?
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    From time to time it may be worth taking a look around. Notice anything different about DC from other sites? I sure do. It is us, the members, the moderators, the community. No cusing, no bad language, very few vulger references. I have always believed you can tell a lot about a person by the way they conduct themselves and articulate the point of view. Those who can do so without resorting to the former, personal attacks, and small behavior in general are gentlemen. That is one of the many things that makes DC special among other sites, in my opinion.
    I agree. In the short time that I have been a member I have come to realize that MOST of the posters on here are respectful of everyone else. Most of it comes down to common courtesy IMO. But there are always those few who either can't or won't have a civilized discussion with someone with whom they disagree (or can not take a little good natured ribbing) and they ruin it for everyone. This being said; I would not be opposed to seeing a sub-forum dedicated to politics and/or gun/hunting politics only. Take care.

-Russell
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    This being said; I would not be opposed to seeing a sub-forum dedicated to politics and/or gun/hunting politics only.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not ever add a subforum for politics religion etc on this forum. It will only create controversy and hurt feelings.

Honestly, does anyone believe that the world's greatest mysteries or debates are going to be solved here on the forum? With all due respect to the forum and its members.

Let's talk about guns!
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

It will only create hurt feelings.
    c'mon dude, seriously?

My experience tells me that hypocrisy and intolerance are sometimes the only thing 2 sides have in common. I'm not scared to admit it. But some people are.
    Dumbledork likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    "WWJD" ?

What is this? What would JD do?
    WWJD = "What Would Jesus Do?", a very unwelcome attempt to bring religion into the discussion.
    Dumbledork likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not ever add a subforum for politics religion etc on this forum. It will only create controversy and hurt feelings.
    Agreed. It has been my experience that these backroom forums really do generate hard feelings between some members and even though it is not supposed to, it does spill out into the general areas.

With respect to the initial topic, the OP learned a valuable lesson about sites like Facebook or any other site that is "all the rage". I don't have an account there and can't say that I want one.

I have learned over time that the moderators will moderate and if I can't post something relevant and without being a sarcastic ass then I need to just move on to the next thread
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Agreed. It has been my experience that these backroom forums really do generate hard feelings between some members and even though it is not supposed to, it does spill out into the general areas.

With respect to the initial topic, the OP learned a valuable lesson about sites like Facebook or any other site that is "all the rage". I don't have an account there and can't say that I want one.
    After re-reading my post I have to agree with you that it does/will spill over into other things...I guess I should have said that I wish it was possible to have a sub-forum and/or discuss these things without it spilling over.

-Russell
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links