Defensive Carry banner

A terrible mistake with Starbucks

6K views 60 replies 37 participants last post by  Dumbledork 
#1 ·
Well, in light of the upcoming boycott of Starbucks from the anti-gun crowd, I felt it was justifiable to post something on the Starbucks Facebook wall. So I did. I do not mean for this to become a political discussion about a subject that has absolutely no connection to this forum. Hate mail is kind of a new thing for me, though. Evidently, there is another heated topic going on with these guys. It concerns a type of marriage, and that's as far as I will go with it. After I posted my Attaboy to Starbuck's wall, I was asked if I support this other subject that seems to be going on. I simply replied "No." Oh man. That was unwise. At my age, a guy ought to know better. Have been accused of being a ******* Klan member who wants to can't wait to "off" somebody, most likely the folks who took the most offense to my lack of support for their cause. Other accusations abound, but obscenity rules prevent me from listing them here.

Funny thing. I thought that a conservative Republican such as myself was supposed to be the intolerant one (stereotypically), while those of a more, shall we say, "liberal" viewpoint, were much more tolerant. I guess not. Well, that's what happens when you voice your opinion, no matter how moderately. I used to get on Facebook maybe once every six months to see how the family was. Now it seems as though alternate means of communication are in order. Man, are they mad at me.

See less See more
#45 ·
My wife and I have FB accounts. We look at them every day but seldom post to it unless it is actually worthwhile (like when my son gets and acceptance letter from a college). I got 23 friend and family of which Star trek, Chess, NE Patriots, Boston Bruins, Celtics, and Red Sox are "friends". Good way to keep up on hobby's. Never use your FB login for other sites!
My cousin I de friended recently kept sending political crap to us. But FB has gotten out of control

#47 ·
It always males me chuckle when I see libs describe anyone who doesn't think as they do as "********".

They claim to be so smart, but if they knew what ******* really stood for, they wouldn't use that term.

#50 ·
One of the comments on a news forum I visit frequently in a thread about Starbucks and their Gay marriage support:

I encourage individuals who support Starbucks's advocacy of legal recognition of same-sex unions to patronize Starbucks establishments on February 14, 2012, as an unofficial "Starbucks Appreciation Day".
Drink to that, Brady Bunch :35::wave:

I love unexpected allies to a cause... hey, maybe we should contact the Pink Pistols gays... I mean, guys :danceban:

#57 ·
You want help...Let me know...My existence makes people mad....:ticking:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.