All you KY CCDW license holders… how long did it take?

This is a discussion on All you KY CCDW license holders… how long did it take? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took the class on Nov. 17th and took my certificate to the Fayette County Sheriff on Dec. 17th. The clerk said that the KSP ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: All you KY CCDW license holders… how long did it take?

I took the class on Nov. 17th and took my certificate to the Fayette County Sheriff on Dec. 17th. The clerk said that the KSP would take up to 90 "business" days to process. I thought they were legally only allowed 90 days total. Thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Fayette County Clerk told my wife and I same but she also said typically took less than that. I think she said only 2-3 pp processing these and running 5,000 per week. I looked on the state police page but I didn't see a time specified. There is another page on ccdw but I think it may be a gun owners group. That page says 90 days but doesn't state business days. You could probably go directly to the statute to see what it says, a polite telephone call at 6-8 weeks might get an answer, I don't think I would push too hard too soon. They're probably just backed up.

The KSP page specifically says 90 days. If they tack on "business" to the front end, it can add up to an additional 5 weeks. Oh well.....sounds like they seriously need to hire additional resources if they are so backed up.

I applied on Nov. 1st and got mine before Christmas

I was a 30 day lottery winner, but that was over a decade ago. My wife, ~4 years ago, was < 60 days. Good Luck!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Heres what youll be doing when it comes in.......

Renewal today 2/8/2013

Quote Originally Posted by logan.hanes View Post
    So my wife and I took our CCDW Class on Sunday 2-5-12, the instructor said he was going to mail all of the stuff off today 2-6-12. Those of you from Kentucky… how long did it take to get your license… I've heard anything from 3 weeks to 4 months. Personal story's?
    This is my third renewal, my permit expires Feb 20,2012 I went to the Jefferson County Sheriff this Am and was told it would be at least June before I saw my new permit, that they have had 15,000 renewals since Jan 1 and there is only one person handling them in Frankfurt, also the grace period they used to give provided you had paid the fee is NO LONGER VALID once you hit your expiration date you go back to open carry until your permit arrives, I didnt believe this so I called the Ky State Police they confirmed although they said I would see the new permit in 6 weeks putting it at 3/22-4/7

Someone on here said they had been waiting since 12/2011 you can track your permit call 502-227-8700
    They can tell you where you are in the process under Ky law they have to issue or deny in 90 days so your app must be lost!

kj

Sorry my permit expires 2/20/2013 not 2012 or I would have to take the class again lol ohhhh noooo lol

Took my class on December 5th, flash pack from state on February 2nd, picked up permit at sheriff (Harrison Co) on February 5th. 2 months to the day.
    Good luck.
    Dan

Three weeks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by logan.hanes View Post
    So my wife and I took our CCDW Class on Sunday 2-5-12, the instructor said he was going to mail all of the stuff off today 2-6-12. Those of you from Kentucky… how long did it take to get your license… I've heard anything from 3 weeks to 4 months. Personal story's?
    I took my CCDW class on November 17, 2012, received my training certificate week of December 17th and applied for my CCDW on December 21, 2012. I received the Flashpak today (postmarked 2/15) that the permit will be available on or about 2/25/13.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDudeInKy View Post
    I took my CCDW class on November 17, 2012, received my training certificate week of December 17th and applied for my CCDW on December 21, 2012. I received the Flashpak today (postmarked 2/15) that the permit will be available on or about 2/25/13.
    Class on Nov-17. Turned in certificate on Dec-21, received "Flashpack" today (Feb-20). I will pick it up at the Sheriff's office next week. About a 2 month wait from turning in the info to the state. Not bad for all of the applications being processed!

Quote Originally Posted by Paco23 View Post
    Class on Nov-17. Turned in certificate on Dec-21, received "Flashpack" today (Feb-20). I will pick it up at the Sheriff's office next week. About a 2 month wait from turning in the info to the state. Not bad for all of the applications being processed!
    Call your Sheriff's department, they may already have it. I called this morning to check, and they had it on file so I rolled down there to pick it up.

Flash pack arrived today!!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeDudeInKy View Post
    Call your Sheriff's department, they may already have it. I called this morning to check, and they had it on file so I rolled down there to pick it up.
    Too busy with work to get there right now! I will leave early from work next week to pick it up!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links