All you KY CCDW license holders… how long did it take?

All you KY CCDW license holders… how long did it take?

This is a discussion on All you KY CCDW license holders… how long did it take? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my wife and I took our CCDW Class on Sunday 2-5-12, the instructor said he was going to mail all of the stuff off ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: All you KY CCDW license holders… how long did it take?

Question All you KY CCDW license holders… how long did it take?

So my wife and I took our CCDW Class on Sunday 2-5-12, the instructor said he was going to mail all of the stuff off today 2-6-12. Those of you from Kentucky… how long did it take to get your license… I've heard anything from 3 weeks to 4 months. Personal story's?
    God made man……Sam Colt made them equal.

Beretta PX4 Carrier
    Fourth Gen Glock 26 Carrier

Suspense is a killer….

Yeah it stinks...

Beretta PX4 Carrier

texas takes 30 days average if you do the online app. before the class

I took the class on the 13th of August and the issue date on my license is September 9th. Fairly quick turnaround.

I'm in the same boat (course 2/4/12, paperwork sent today). There are a lot of factors, one of which is that KY's course certification input (what's happening now) is done by one individual. So, I guess if she's having a good day, it's a shorter turnaround!

Average seems to be 5 weeks from course to carry, but in KY Jan/Feb is apparently the busy season for CCDW courses.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I didn't I was ever going to get it. I'm thinking its about a month just to get your certificate and then you have to send that off for the license which is probably another 4-6 weeks. Expect to have a wait.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    It was many years ago (right after permits were issued) but it seems like it took less than a month. Maybe the system has sped up or maybe with all the new permits to process it is slower.

as long as there is no problems, 3-4 weeks. patience is a virtue :-)
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Thanks for the input! I'm sick of console carry!

Beretta PX4 Carrier

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Within 30 days for me, my wife's came three weeks after that, even though we took the course together.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Within 30 days for me, my wife's came three weeks after that, even though we took the course together.
    Were you both originally from Kentucky?

Beretta PX4 Carrier

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by logan.hanes View Post
    Those of you from Kentucky… how long did it take to get your license… I've heard anything from 3 weeks to 4 months. Personal story's?
    Ugh, don't even get me started about how long things take. Took the class on 11/19/2011. Instructor told us he'd submit the paperwork on 11/21. It took until 12/17 to get the training cert. I turned in my application, training cert., check and had the Sherif's Office make their own photo on 12/20. As of this moment, 2/7/2012, I am still waiting and have not even seen any activity in my checking account. Meanwhile, in other KY counties, I have seen some reports from people who claimed to finish the entire process in the time it took me to just get the training certificate. I have not even had a traffic ticket in more than 30 years so there can't be much research to do.

The funny thing is, I wouldn't care about the wait if I could at least know it wasn't lost. They need some sort of tracking capability like the way you can track your tax refund with the IRS. It also makes me wonder how much money they have sitting around in application fees that could be earning interest for the state. When checks go uncashed for months, they are throwing away free money.

It took three weeks to get my certificate. Then 6 weeks to get my permit after I took the certificate to the sheriff. So it took 9 weeks from the time I took the class until I had the permit in my hand.
    NRA member
    Gen 3 Glock 27
    Gen 4 Glock 23
    Ruger sp101 .357
    Colt 1911

I took my class way back in 1996 when the CCDW became lawful here in KY. I took the class in mid October and had my license back from the KSP by the first of December. However things were much different for my son when he took the class last year. He took the training/class in early March. He didn't get his CCDW license until July 3rd! Well at least he got to celebrate our nation's birthday by exercising his 2nd amendment rights in our Independence Day travels.
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links