Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!! - Page 2

Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!!

This is a discussion on Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is no open carry in SC. Which really REALLY REALLY sucks. But, I will be leaving early enough to grab a coffee, and maybe ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    There is no open carry in SC. Which really REALLY REALLY sucks. But, I will be leaving early enough to grab a coffee, and maybe go back later during my break at work. But, even though I'm not supposed to have it at work, I'll probably have my little Windicator in my pocket instead of strapping my massive 1911 onto my hip.

Which means that I will probably be leaving the 1911 at home... Makes me feel slightly 'itchy' to not have 8 rounds at hand, but I think the overall BA of a .357 snubbie makes up for not carrying a .45ACP.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Got my $2 bills and will be stopping in on the way to work today, though I won't be OCing... I don't even have an OWB holster for my Glock.

Oops, forgot. Went to Caribou instead.

VIP Member
    Went to SB today. First time in a couple years wow $3.75 for a coffee, but it was tasty!

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I have not seen any reports as of yet of Glocks just jumping out of holsters and shooting at people. Appartently that is what the antis are worried about by having guns in Starbucks.

Just bought two cups of coffee and paid with two $2 bills. They thought I was nuts. Told them it was in response to my 2nd amendment rights. I got a stare like the brain was off. I do not think they had any idea what I was talking about. Either way the wife and I enjoyed the coffee and I was safe drinking it with my trusty Sig 239 on my side. Concealed.
    ksholder likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

I open carried my Glock 19. Either nobody noticed, or nobody cared...or they were too scared.

I'm not a coffee person, but their non-coffee drinks are pretty good.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    Just bought two cups of coffee and paid with two $2 bills. They thought I was nuts. Told them it was in response to my 2nd amendment rights. I got a stare like the brain was off. I do not think they had any idea what I was talking about. Either way the wife and I enjoyed the coffee and I was safe drinking it with my trusty Sig 239 on my side. Concealed.
    I got the same impression at my SB. They clearly had not been briefed on either the boycott or the buycott. Oh well.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I got the same impression at my SB. They clearly had not been briefed on either the boycott or the buycott. Oh well.
    I'm guessing this will be the status-quo of the day. Unless you are avidly on either side of the fence most people just don't know or care. I even had to tell some of my gun buddies about it, they were clueless.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

I purchased a caramel frappucino. I was clueless as to what to buy because the only coffee I ever drink is from DD's and that's a rarity in itself. It is tasty but pricey. I carry concealed and didn't notice anyone carrying openly and judging by the clientele I would say I was the only one at the time...but concealed means concealed so who really knows?

Quote Originally Posted by JaySkiBum View Post
    I purchased a caramel frappucino. I was clueless as to what to buy because the only coffee I ever drink is from DD's and that's a rarity in itself. It is tasty but pricey. I carry concealed and didn't notice anyone carrying openly and judging by the clientele I would say I was the only one at the time...but concealed means concealed so who really knows?
    DD's isDunkin Doughnuts for those not from New England. My wife could not believe how many DD's there were when we moved to NH.
    JaySkiBum likes this.

I went and bought a cup of Venti Mocha from the Humble Starsbuck in the Target store.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Just got a venti white chocolate mocha and some cake red velvet pies, not a odd look at my Sig 226. I love Georgia.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

My local Starbucks baristas were talking about the boycott when I walked through the door. As I paid in $2 bills I asked if they had seen a lot of these today. They asked why and I elaborated. By the time I was done I realized I had an audience and not a scowl among them. I got an extra shot of espresso in my Mocha for free.

They told me they were seeing record sales today and wanted me to thank everyone here for spreading the word.

Looks like the boycott worked well for us. Kept the jack-wagons out of the store so we could enjoy our java in peace.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

will try and make it today :D

I have a question off topic sorta..

Starbucks thinks it is okay for people to carry this gun into their stores:

Glock 9mm Semi-Automatic Pistol, the gun used by the Tucson Murderer. It shot 31 bullets in 15 seconds, killed 6, and injured 14.
    so.....any other gun other then that one is ok?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links