Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!!

This is a discussion on Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my Mocha Frappucino today and paid with $2 gills, confused the baristas since there was no slot for a $2 bill in the drawer....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!!

VIP Member
    Got my Mocha Frappucino today and paid with $2 gills, confused the baristas since there was no slot for a $2 bill in the drawer.
    357and40 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Went to SB today, bought a bag of coffee beans, two scones, a box of tea and large fancypants coffees for 4 friends who met me there for lunch. Blew on the order of $40.

I OC'd at the Starbucks closest to my house this morning. If the boycott had any impact I couldn't see it. The parking lot was full, the drive-through line was full, and every table and chair was filled. There was one table inside with four people packing, but they looked like plain-clothed LEOs more than anything. Because of how they were sitting I could see a woman with grey hair with some sort of patches on her jacket, and a very buff black dude with a large pistol on his right hip. No one smiled or nodded to me so I left them alone, but the woman had her eye on me the whole time I was inside the store.

I grabbed a bag of espresso beans and a drink, and I counted out $20 in two-dollar bills, each with a pro 2A message written in red ink. The cashier asked what the significance of the bills was. I asked hew if she had heard about the boycott and she said yes. I said, "I'm here today to show that I appreciate Starbucks for not bowing to such a silly bunch of people, and the more two-dollar bills you get today the more support you have from folks who feel the same as I do."

I still have another twenty buck in twos so I'll stop at the location close to my job for my dinner break tonight at work. They take good care of me there and as often as not they give me a discount because I'm in uniform. Whatever I don't spend on coffee will go into their tip jar.

Picked up a $20 gift card for my wife's valentine present. I don't drink coffee.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Coffee and a donut $3.69! The girl at the counter was not even aware of the boycott.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Stopped by my local SB this afternoon. They were also doing a brisk amount of business. There were two fellas ahead of me in line and one of them was dressed in camo pants and desert boots. Another fella sitting at a table had a camo ball cap on. Don't know if they were carrying or not, but they did appear to be a bit out of place, as they did not appear to be your typical $4/cup patrons.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

I'm about to head out to the one across town (amazingly the closest one to me) with my girlfriend for a couple of drinks. She loves hot chocolate, so I figured it'd be a good Valentine's treat.

I did my part. Pretty much a non - event here in IA. Might be different case in university / college towns. Spoke to the head barista (mgr. ) She knew nothing about it, but I did see some $2bills in the tip jar. Had to explain what they meant (2A support).

She said about 5folks had been in spending 2s. Some thought they'd get some free stuff for spending the 2$ bills.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I stopped by the bank and got some 2 dollar bills, then went to the SB in a small shopping center near a local university. It was 1 p.m. and packed! There were 2 other individuals that looked like non-typical SB customers but I couldn't tell if they were carrying, and they couldn't tell if I was, either. (I haven't seen anyone open carry in Ohio other than at the range.) I stood in line with a bunch of college age and yuppie types to get my Venti Mocha. I believe the guy who took my order was the manager and nothing was said, but when I paid him with three 2 dollar bills he gave me a knowing look and smiled, then thanked me. He didn't act surprised or anything that I was paying with 2 dollar bills, so I think he knew what was going on and why I was paying with 2 dollar bills. I didn't want to start a discussion with all the yuppie sheeple in the place--I believe in being "the grey man" and didn't want 30 people to realize I was carrying. But I'm pretty sure the manager got the point. Who knows, some of the yuppie sheeple appearing types might have actually been concealed carriers themselves. But concealed means concealed.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Went again to Starsbucks this time at the local Deerbrook mall shopping for baby clothing. I went with my wife and daughter to Barnes&Nobles and drank tea in their Starsbuck cafe. I talked with the workers and they did not hear anything about the boycott/buycott until I told them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I got the flu, can't make it. Somebody carry a BUG for me and get me a regular black, no sugar.
    Got your back Suntzu- you were represented in Roseville, MN by a S&W 638. Black is not my usual but sometimes ya gotta sacrifice...

For today this CC'er was an OC'er. I carried a Beretta 92, it appeared several people noticed but seeing my eight year old daughter drinking her hot chocolate with me must have taken the edge off any threat I might have seemed to be.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

VIP Member
    I went today and my wife went twice. I don't drink coffee but I did today. : )
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarisataka View Post
    Got your back Suntzu- you were represented in Roseville, MN by a S&W 638. Black is not my usual but sometimes ya gotta sacrifice...

For today this CC'er was an OC'er. I carried a Beretta 92, it appeared several people noticed but seeing my eight year old daughter drinking her hot chocolate with me must have taken the edge off any threat I might have seemed to be.
    That kinda works- a Beretta is big/heavy enough to count for two people. (That is also the only 9mm I would own/carry)

When I went in today, NOBODY there looked like the carrying type. Almost all of them were sitting there with some type of computer (mostly Macs and iPads) in front of them not even looking up when I walked in the door. The only person (other than staff) to notice me was the woman's 2 year old daughter in line ahead of me.

I feel kind of slack- I didn't get any $2 bills, but I did order a coffee that came out almost exactly to $2. The guy behind the counter gave me a little bit of a look (he might have been trying to flirt a little- if so I'm appalled at his taste in men), but overall it was an uneventful trip. I think when I get a minute tomorrow, I'll be sending someone an email telling them that I had a good visit and WHY I chose to visit yesterday.

And, so far, I would like to thank everyone who has posted about their experience. It not only shows that we can make a pretty big difference when we try- no matter how far we are spaced apart- but also because everyone who has posted here seems to have gone to Starbucks with the intent of trying to help prove a point; that people who own/carry guns are NOT crazies who want to shoot anything/anyone and are ready and willing to cram our opinions (and barrels) down people's throats, but that we are (for the most part) reasonable, friendly people who are just people.
    Sarisataka likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

I went to the Maumelle store with my daughter and one of her friends this evening. Had my G-27 on my hip.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I'm on Staff Duty. I don't think the Army would like me to leave so I can go to the off post Starbucks. I really don't think the Army would want me to open carry my personal weapon to the on post Starbucks either.
    It's the thought that counts! I planned to OC yesterday to show my support. That was before I knew I would be working this week and therefore unable to be armed. I did however make it by Starbucks to get a venti.
    Last edited by ep1953; February 15th, 2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: grammar

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links