Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!! - Page 4

Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!!

This is a discussion on Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by msgt/ret Got my Mocha Frappucino today and paid with $2 gills, confused the baristas since there was no slot for a $2 ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Reminder: Starbucks Appreciation Day TOMORROW (Tuesday)!!

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Got my Mocha Frappucino today and paid with $2 gills, confused the baristas since there was no slot for a $2 bill in the drawer.
    How long have you been waiting to work that word into the forum LOL

This 2A boycott deal must have been set up by a marketing guy at SB. I don't drink coffee, but went to the local SB in Lubbock, TX. Walked in and looked around and was instantly pulled towards the pastry case by some sort of magnetic field!! Saw what looked like a blueberry muffin. Bought one. Paid with 2.00 bills, asked counter person if she new about the boycott. Said yes there had been several people in talking about it. Went to truck and ate the muffin. Back into store for 6 more for tommorrow ( today now). Best blueberry muffins ever had. Sly trick by SB to get me in. Hooked for life now.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

So here is a thought why dont we countine to pay for items with $2.00 all year long? to show support of the 2A. I am going to get a stack of $2.00 dollar bills and start paying for everyday items. I wonder if the media would pick up and shed a positive light on the influx of $2.00 into the economy. Until they realise who is spending the $2.00 bills.
    ep1953, JDE101 and TN_Mike like this.

Went to the only Starbucks in my area-I24 Manchester, between Nashville and Chattanooga. Not crowded but mgr new of boycott but not gun owners response. Said 4 of the 5 stores in Chattanooga had protestors. She was glad it had been a non-issue for her store. Thanked them for their stance (or non-stance?) and she thanked me.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd taken better care of myself when I was younger

VIP Member
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

I never learned to drink Coffee but love Iced-T and drink it at lots of places while carrying my G-19!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    How long have you been waiting to work that word into the forum LOL
    Much easier than saying “the girl behind the counter taking orders and making change”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I hit 3 SBs in Grand Junction CO, somehow the boycott hasn't seemed to catch on here. Explained the situation to the baristas, 2 of whom thought it was dumb and said they had their permits and just wished they could carry at work.

2 of the locations were in groceries so not much in the way of seating, the 1 stand alone was real busy, only a couple open tables and the barista said she hadn't noticed any difference in business.

Bought my usual and added a pound of my fav beans to help the cause. Now to send an email, or thousand! I think Ill start keeping my receipts and if they ever try to change their mind, I will remind them how much money they will lose! Thats the pessimist in me though!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

My wife and I and our daughter went in and spent a little under $20 all in $2 bills at our local Starbucks. The manager showed me a large stack of $2 bills he had taken in so far that day.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Boycott v. Buycott

Boycott-
    Starbucks Is Feeling the Burn of Their Own Brewing — National Gun Victims Action Council (NGAC) Reports Starbucks Losing Thousands of Loyal Customers Due to BREW NOT BULLETS Boycott « Gun Victims Action Council
    THE BOYCOTT IS WORKING
    “We’re less than 5 weeks into the campaign and over 2,000 loyal long-term Starbucks customers have stopped spending money, on average $71 per month, at Starbucks stores and on their products,” says Elliot Fineman, CEO of NGAC. “They are repulsed by Starbucks support of the NRA’s Lethal Pro-Gun Agenda.” (see comments below).
    “The boycott will keep growing, it is a continuous effort and it has only just begun,” Fineman says, adding, “The Starbucks boycott is a specific way consumers can use their purchasing power to help create a safer society for themselves and their loved ones.”

Buycott-
    Financial Release | Investor Relations | Starbucks Coffee Company
    Q2 Americas Segment Results

Quarter Ended
    ($ in millions) Apr 1, 2012 Apr 3, 2011 Change
    Net New Stores 76 (211) 287
    Revenues $2,374.7 $2,164.8 10%
    Operating Income $463.0 $419.9 10%
    Operating Margin 19.5% 19.4% 10 bps
    Net revenues for the Americas segment were $2.4 billion in Q2 FY12, an increase of 10% over Q2 FY11. The increase was primarily due to an 8% increase in comparable store sales, including a 7% increase in the number of transactions and a 1% increase in average ticket. Additionally, licensed store revenue growth of approximately 27% contributed to the Americas segment results.

Operating income increased to $463.0 million in Q2 FY12, compared to $419.9 million for the same period a year ago. Operating margin increased 10 basis points to 19.5% in Q2 FY12. The margin expansion was due to increased sales leverage offset by the increase in commodity costs, primarily coffee.

And the winner is...
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

VIP Member
    Never been a big fan of Starbucks, I normally drink my coffee black but since the boycott I have developed an occasional taste for a Mocha Frappucino.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

@Sarisataka:

Do not try to confuse us with your "numbers" and "statistics". What matters is that people against guns CARE and are making a difference :D
    Carry everywhere it's legal.

“Never bring a knuck buck to a gunfight.” d0nturner, ohioccwforums.org

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The depth of ignorance exhibited by this, um, group, is astounding. On their website, just below their proclamation about how well their boycott is working, they have this little piece:
    PRO-GUN AGENDA CONNECTION TO THE SCHOOL SHOOTING IN OHIO
    The NRA’s Lethal Pro-Gun Agenda—the agenda Starbucks supports—blocks the passage of an Ohio law that could have prevented this tragedy. <snip> Twenty-eight states have Child Access Prevention (CAP) laws that make adults liable if it is determined that children were able to access their firearms. Due to the NRA’s Lethal Pro-Gun Agenda, Ohio cannot pass a CAP law, and Starbucks goes along with that;
    So according to their profound wisdom, a law would have prevented the shooter from stealing someones gun and using it to commit a crime.

Of course, this is all Starbuck's fault.

That's been done before...when I was in the military, I'd heard the locals wanted the base closed, so the Base Commander had everybody's paychecks cashed with $2 bills and ran a story in the local paper about it. Once all the businesses in town started getting paid with $2 bills, they realized just how much cash the local GIs dropped in the local economy.

So, STILL a great idea as long as there is some press getting the word out what the $2 bills are for. :)

Ace
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links