Warning About Starbucks Demonstration Today

This is a discussion on Warning About Starbucks Demonstration Today within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is what I received this morning on base: FYI - Information provided by the AirB ase Wing Antiterrorism Officer. *** Subject: Starbucks Concern for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Warning About Starbucks Demonstration Today

Warning About Starbucks Demonstration Today

This is what I received this morning on base:

FYI - Information provided by the AirB ase Wing Antiterrorism Officer.

Subject: Starbucks Concern for Today
    Importance: High

Sorry for the late notice on this however I just received it:

"On 14 February 2012, gun activists nationally plan to demonstrate in support of the Second Amendment and open-carry laws at Starbucks coffee shops around the country. It is possible that activists taking part in these demonstrations may be openly carrying their firearm; they may also be possessing literature and / or banners."

So supporting the 2nd Amendment gets you eyeballed by the antiterrorist folks?
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

I am not surprised. I bet many LEO and dispatchers were briefed on this. When they get reports of 5, 10 or 20 people at Starbucks "with guns" they will be expecting it.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Your airbase wing anti-terrorism offer needs to be sent a copy of the US Constitution and asked to actually read the document he took an oath to defend.
    mano3, woodstock, AZSteve and 8 others like this.

Welcome to "The new normal", unless we get some folks in office to fix it.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Yeah, but I guess that's a good thing, since the sheeple who are afraid of guns might start calling 911 about MWAG en masse, and having law enforcement aware of this prevents SWAT teams from descending on the nearest Starbucks, mistakenly thinking that there is some imminent danger of another Valentines Day Massacre.

Pathetic that it has to be that way.

What's funny is that open or concealed carry is prohibited at public demonstrations in Alabama...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Three of Henrico's finest were parked one block up the main drag from the Star bucks I just visited. Probably just coincidence. completely uneventful. no sign of anyone there trying to push anything. I cant say if it was the normal crowd, I usually make my own coffee so I'm not familiar with the usual clientèle.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I've already waltzed in there with my Kahr CW9 and had no problems. Saw a couple of other guys with their sidearms as well.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Your airbase wing anti-terrorism offer needs to be sent a copy of the US Constitution and asked to actually read the document he took an oath to defend.
    BINGO!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

What is the fuss about. It doesn't say don't attend. It is a notification put out my military bases all the time for any kind of event. We had "alerts" put out when workers went on strike and were picketing front of the post. It wasn;t denying folks thier 1st A rights or speaking out against it. These are just notifications what is happening in the community because beleive it or not, some folks might not be aware of what is going on.
    Good grief, sometimes a bannana is just a banana. And don't get tied up over the title messenger. My gosh, so many panties getting tied up in a wad over nothing.
    Tzadik, Spade115, WHEC724 and 1 others like this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What is the fuss about. It doesn't say don't attend. It is a notification put out my military bases all the time for any kind of event. We had "alerts" put out when workers went on strike and were picketing front of the post. It wasn;t denying folks thier 1st A rights or speaking out against it. These are just notifications what is happening in the community because beleive it or not, some folks might not be aware of what is going on.
    Good grief, sometimes a bannana is just a banana. And don't get tied up over the title messenger. My gosh, so many panties getting tied up in a wad over nothing.
    Totally agree.. I did not see it as a "Look out for the crazies" kind of a message, just a heads up about what's going on so that if anyone makes a fuss everyone knows what's going on and to not think it's some kind of terrorist attack, just a bunch of citizens exercising their rights.

What's all the fuss?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    'Well said.

What good would that do when the "supreme leader" doesn't even know it?

I have to agree it is commands duty to put out notices of any event that might effect service members or their family. I can see were some may get the wrong Idea at first sense that command seems to have given the responsibility to "Air Base Wing Anti-terrorism Officer".
    These kind of notices are common. If They had a serious concern service members would have been warn or prohibited from being in the area.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    It is just a precaution. Just like when the police were on standby at the occupy protests. Nutcases always show up and ruin it for everybody. Imagine if some crazy folks like the ones in the article at the bottom show up. It would be easy for these types to infiltrate a pro-gun rally. As a taxpayer I am glad they are being cautious.

Militia Accused Of Plotting War On U.S. Gov't | Fox News

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links