Anyone open carry in Milwaukee? - Page 2

Anyone open carry in Milwaukee?

This is a discussion on Anyone open carry in Milwaukee? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been to Millwaukee many times, but would never open carry there....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anyone open carry in Milwaukee?

I have been to Millwaukee many times, but would never open carry there.

If you do OC in Milwaukee, just make sure you dont get cut by your CWP Badge around your neck, when they throw you to the ground. LOL , got to have humor.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

I would agree that you have to be extra cautious of the "anti-gun" nuts in Milwaukee & Madison. The rest of the state is very different, especially the further you go north.

While I support the right to, I personally have not been compelled to OC except on a few occasion to support businesses or legislation. I am a fan of turning an attackers surprise against them being suddenly faced with an equipped and prepared citizen.
    Armey likes this.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

The Chief of police and Mayor have made it clear they will take you down on site.
    DA has give his blessing to them Madison and Milwaukee make their own laws in Wisconsin.

I'm going to college in Milwaukee. Before CC was passed, I open carried on my property all the time (I live northwest of Marquette, its not a great area). There was so many schools around you literally couldn't walk anywhere. Last fall there was a fugitive hiding behind our cars on our property. Marquette public safety drove past so we flagged them down and they detained him and the police came and arrested him. Nothing was said about my gun, but one of the Marquette public safety officers was very enthusiastic about the coming concealed carry bill and castle doctrine.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    In regards to the quote from Chief Flynn, "WOW! This guy is a nut job! Maybe somebody should give him a physc evaluation and see if HE should be allowed to carry a gun!

What was just as disturbing are several of the comments in the comment section from the link to the article. I guess there really are a lot of Anti's in the Badger State. Hopefully the responsible gun owners there can eventually show these people that we're the good guys.
    well, everyone has to vote for walker in the recall...falk and the dems said the number 2 thing they would do is work to remove CC
    jrclen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    I'm going to college in Milwaukee. Before CC was passed, I open carried on my property all the time (I live northwest of Marquette, its not a great area). There was so many schools around you literally couldn't walk anywhere. Last fall there was a fugitive hiding behind our cars on our property. Marquette public safety drove past so we flagged them down and they detained him and the police came and arrested him. Nothing was said about my gun, but one of the Marquette public safety officers was very enthusiastic about the coming concealed carry bill and castle doctrine.
    awesome story. yeah it's a bad area around there. I'm a block east of Buca's, or Metro Market...if you know where that is.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    awesome story. yeah it's a bad area around there. I'm a block east of Buca's, or Metro Market...if you know where that is.
    I go to MSOE, I'm right there almost every day.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

well, everyone has to vote for walker in the recall...falk and the dems said the number 2 thing they would do is work to remove CC
    I know this isn't the place to get political but I would like to know where you got your info. I am a "liberal" with a CCW permit (and carry all the time), support the Walker recall, am active in the recall process and haven't heard a word about repealing the CC law.

Quote Originally Posted by dennys67 View Post
    I know this isn't the place to get political but I would like to know where you got your info. I am a "liberal" with a CCW permit (and carry all the time), support the Walker recall, am active in the recall process and haven't heard a word about repealing the CC law.
    I read it in the journal some time back.

So you are trying to recall the gov that signed the law allowing you to CC? Makes sense. And there is no chance Walker loses his recall election--especially with a left-wing super-taxer like Falk, lol. You guys are just killing the image of democrats right now.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Maybe somewhat off topic, but I had never heard of this fellow in West Allis getting collared for open carry. When I read the link on this, I was shocked to see that he was arrested for open carry in his own backyard! How commie is that?
    I mean, Oklahoma doesn't yet allow open carry but on your own property? I guarantee I can open carry in my own backyard and no one is going to say a thing (and I do live in town).
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

If I was going to open carry in Milwaukee it would be with a very cheap gun I don't care about. Because you're not going to get it back.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

So you are trying to recall the gov that signed the law allowing you to CC? Makes sense. And there is no chance Walker loses his recall election--especially with a left-wing super-taxer like Falk, lol. You guys are just killing the image of democrats right now.
    You are right on the money Adbro. Love your Thank God for Scott Walker statement. I am going to vote at the Dem primary and write in Scott Walker. To me that would be cool that Walker would run against Walker.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Once again, I'm asking for proof. Reading about it some time back is not proof.

I refuse to get in a political argument with anyone in this forum. This isn't the time or place. I will say I have been waiting for 40 years to be able to conceal carry and am thankful it passed. Having said that, I know I am different than some others on this forum. If the law wouldn't have passed last year, my world wouldn't have ended. In my opinion my life and my families life are being threatened by the politicians (and political climate) in WI more than a concealed weapon can protect. There is more to life than being able to carry a firearm.

Now I've probably said too much already, so "it's zip the lip" from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    You gotta be kidding. Everybody would freak, including your local LEO. Best to keep it concealed in amongst the libs there in Downtown there, huh?
    Why? If it is legal to do so, then why not exercise your rights?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links