Anyone open carry in Milwaukee?

This is a discussion on Anyone open carry in Milwaukee? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Toorop Why? If it is legal to do so, then why not exercise your rights? Because I am not in the mood ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anyone open carry in Milwaukee?

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Why? If it is legal to do so, then why not exercise your rights?
    Because I am not in the mood to be tossed to the ground and cuffed etc. Maybe lose my firearm along with it. NOT WORTH IT. I'm just sayin!!
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    In regards to the quote from Chief Flynn, "WOW! This guy is a nut job! Maybe somebody should give him a physc evaluation and see if HE should be allowed to carry a gun!

What was just as disturbing are several of the comments in the comment section from the link to the article. I guess there really are a lot of Anti's in the Badger State. Hopefully the responsible gun owners there can eventually show these people that we're the good guys.
    Sigmund Freud said "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Because I am not in the mood to be tossed to the ground and cuffed etc. Maybe lose my firearm along with it. NOT WORTH IT. I'm just sayin!!
    Why would you if it is legal?

Because its Milwaukee and they do things differently around there
    jrclen and thephanatik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Sigmund Freud said "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Freud obviously needed professional help. That guy was not right in his head.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

I live on Milwaukee's Northwest side 1 block from 4th district police station. I walk my dogs every morning past the station. No way in hell I would OC. Don't have my CCW yet and will be nervous about CC when I get it and walk my dogs past that station.

Quote Originally Posted by curly666 View Post
    I live on Milwaukee's Northwest side 1 block from 4th district police station. I walk my dogs every morning past the station. No way in hell I would OC. Don't have my CCW yet and will be nervous about CC when I get it and walk my dogs past that station.
    Hope it comes soon before you need it! At first it may make you nervous but in time it will build your confidence especially when you practice on a range.....Good Luck!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    It's amazing to talk with people here in Wisconsin and that they are totally unaware that by law it is legal to OC. And they think it was just passed along with CCW. They had no clue it's been on the books for a couple of years now.
    I myself havent OC is wisconsin due to the unwanted attention I would recieve, But I would commend anyone that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Armey View Post
    Hope it comes soon before you need it! At first it may make you nervous but in time it will build your confidence especially when you practice on a range.....Good Luck!
    I'm 68, got my first gun at 12 but yes there will be practice. Most of my time has been with rifles and shot guns but I've had my handgun for the last 25 years. Checked the bank website and they cashed the check on 3/9 so I will be watching the mailbox and will post when I get my permit. Mailed in app 2/27.

Quote Originally Posted by curly666 View Post
    Curly
    I live in the same neighborhood. And when i walk my dog (late at night) I will admit I have carried even when I didnt have my CCW. That nervousness will fade, just knowing you will be able to defend yourself, when walking your dog in a fading neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Curly
    I live in the same neighborhood. And when i walk my dog And will admit I have carried even when I didnt have my CCW. That nervousness will fade, just knowing you will be able to defend yourself, when walking your dog in a fading neighborhood
    I have to pass within 1,000 feet of 2 schools which I believe is illegal with OC, one of which is across the street from the police station. Thought about taking the chance without permit just to be safe but with my luck I would get stopped for something. Hopefully in a couple of days I won't have to worry about that anymore. I've had people see me coming with the 2 dogs and they go across the street to walk by. They're Boston Terriers but some of these dummies mistake them for 2 Pit Bulls.

I have read on other forums about a person that actively OC in milwaukee and has done so for a while. But I heard she was arrested on some trumped up loitering charge and resisting an officer. I believe she even had permission from the property owner. So she has been in and out of court fighting these charges, because it's pretty clear Milwaukee authorities will make it hard on you to OC.

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    It's amazing to talk with people here in Wisconsin and that they are totally unaware that by law it is legal to OC. And they think it was just passed along with CCW. They had no clue it's been on the books for a couple of years now.
    Actually the right to open carry has always been legal in Wisconsin. Since the state was a territory. But the right was illegally denied to us until just recently.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    Actually the right to open carry has always been legal in Wisconsin. Since the state was a territory. But the right was illegally denied to us until just recently.
    Thanks for clarifying

I lived downtown right by the Lake front brewery, off commerce st. And i currently live in west allis, the neighbor behind me is a Fed agent and my neighbors know me. I have been knowm to OC on my property, yes even downtown. I even had a west allis cop stop once when i was in the back yard (leads to an alley) and just say hi, wanted to know if i minded him running my ID through the data base just to make sure i wasnt a felon. I gave him my id, we sat in the alley and talked for 20mins or so. It went well, i was respectful and so was he. And no nobody called him, he was just doing his daily drive throughs. So yes i have OC'd but not "around town". Plus my neighbors know im military (have seen me in uniform, and my security uniform no an armed guard tho).

So I think west allis learned their lesson a while back, i think it involved a tree? Lol
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links