Anyone open carry in Milwaukee?

This is a discussion on Anyone open carry in Milwaukee? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jerp I lived downtown right by the Lake front brewery, off commerce st. And i currently live in west allis, the neighbor ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anyone open carry in Milwaukee?

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    I lived downtown right by the Lake front brewery, off commerce st. And i currently live in west allis, the neighbor behind me is a Fed agent and my neighbors know me. I have been knowm to OC on my property, yes even downtown. I even had a west allis cop stop once when i was in the back yard (leads to an alley) and just say hi, wanted to know if i minded him running my ID through the data base just to make sure i wasnt a felon. I gave him my id, we sat in the alley and talked for 20mins or so. It went well, i was respectful and so was he. And no nobody called him, he was just doing his daily drive throughs. So yes i have OC'd but not "around town". Plus my neighbors know im military (have seen me in uniform, and my security uniform no an armed guard tho).

So I think west allis learned their lesson a while back, i think it involved a tree? Lol
    Thats good to hear a positive interaction with LEO.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Thats good to hear a positive interaction with LEO.
    Ya, i have been pulled over 3 times while CC, and they have all been positive. the turn signal switch went out on my truck. I am still in shock that MPD and WAPD still pull people over for no turn signal. but just handed them my DL and my CCP and they asked where its located, i tell them and they say alright just don't touch it. that was that.

So, I am thinking that the LEO's don't really have a problem with it at all. Its just when people start to get cocky, or mouth off, or just be disrespectful. Remember, that all they want to do, is get home to their families at the end of their shifts. Chances are, they are not trying to down play our 2A rights, just make sure they are safe around you with a weapon. they don't know you, your history or anything. and it is realitivly easy to get the WI CCP. So i really cant blame them, unless i am being respectful and they blow it out of perportion.

kinda like this cop

MELTDOWN! Cop Flips Out When Told He Can't Search Car Without Warrant - YouTube

enjoy
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ya, i have been pulled over 3 times while CC, and they have all been positive. the turn signal switch went out on my truck. I am still in shock that MPD and WAPD still pull people over for no turn signal. but just handed them my DL and my CCP and they asked where its located, i tell them and they say alright just don't touch it. that was that.

So, I am thinking that the LEO's don't really have a problem with it at all. Its just when people start to get cocky, or mouth off, or just be disrespectful. Remember, that all they want to do, is get home to their families at the end of their shifts. Chances are, they are not trying to down play our 2A rights, just make sure they are safe around you with a weapon. they don't know you, your history or anything. and it is realitivly easy to get the WI CCP. So i really cant blame them, unless i am being respectful and they blow it out of perportion.

kinda like this cop

MELTDOWN! Cop Flips Out When Told He Can't Search Car Without Warrant - YouTube

enjoy
    HOLLY COW! He was having a bad day! Thanks for sharing. I have a couple friends that are ex LEO that have mixed feelings with CCW. And it interesting to hear there views.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links