Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises

This is a discussion on Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I rarely go to a cinema. If I do I bring my own food (and drink if it's winter and I can sneak it in). ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises

DC
    I rarely go to a cinema. If I do I bring my own food (and drink if it's winter and I can sneak it in). Call me cheap but I call it smart. I always end up falling asleep in there too...much better at home on a 65" in 5.1...and what sign??

2. Remove Ads

A_D
    I carry in Theaters all the time. Funny thing, though: I've noticed lately that Security Guards in Cinemas are all armed now. Is that new? I feel like security in movies only had non-leathal means until recently?
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

-Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    And I just banned them from my dollars. Thanks for the heads up.

Here is an example of someone suggesting that "concealed is concealed" (as mentioned in another post) as the answer to not having any problems.
    It's not illegal to hide the weapon, just keeping it out of sight will prevent any problems and still allow the permit holder the RKBA.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    sorry to see another ban, seems like that is becoming a popular thing to do....
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jblives2ride View Post
    sorry to see another ban, seems like that is becoming a popular thing to do....
    I wonder if it's a consequence of the recent in your face open carrying (e.g. Starbucks).
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

No force of law behind signs here in Alabama. Your trespassing if you don't leave if asked to. So I ignore signs. I've not been made yet. If I am made, I'll leave and never come back. Simple as that.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    I no longer patronize these folks due to this. I now go to NCG theaters and hey, they're cheaper too.
    After the results of the Academy Awards last night, I've decided that a ban in theaters probably won't affect me that much in the future.....

The Artist? Whaaaaaaaa?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmruger View Post
    Luckily here in MN and WI we can ignore such signs.
    It appears to be a petty misdemeanor subject to a $25 fine in MN. You might want to check out Section 943.13 (2) (bm) 1 of the Wisconsin statutes before ignoring such signs.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Concealed means concealed. Am You going to depend upon a Rent a Cop to save you or your loved ones in a parking lot?

iPad/Tapatalk
    NRA, Lifetime Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I wonder if it's a consequence of the recent in your face open carrying (e.g. Starbucks).
    Nope, Regal Cinema always been anti gun.

Since when has exercising a legal right considered "in your face"?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

Depends on who you ask.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Nope, Regal Cinema always been anti gun.

How about an example?

Several years ago around where I live, a group of OCers went into a restaurant, sat down, and ate. At the conclusion of eating one of them stood up and, for no necessary reason whatsoever, announced to the rest of the restaurant that they were all open carrying guns.

That is "in your face." As well as indicative of mental heath and self-esteem issues.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    Concealed means concealed. Am You going to depend upon a Rent a Cop to save you or your loved ones in a parking lot?

iPad/Tapatalk
    No rent a cop here. The local law provides a cop there. I just avoid the place. If for some reason my weapon was detected I would lose my ccw permit. Guess I am one of those law abiding types.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Mograthi View Post
    Umm wrong on the WI side of the fence. If the sign is 5" X 7" and posted prominently at all entrances it is legal and carries force of law. If you get caught you can get what amounts to a trespass ticket Class B forfeiture.

I really don't get where everyone from WI says you can just ignore the sign.
    Wisconsin Legislature: 943.13(2)(bm)

Section 2
    It could be coming from the class needed for the permit.. I know the instructor in the class I took went over the signage law and part of it was the sign has to have the name of the person giving notice on the sign (a manager or owner), and he went on to specifically say if the name wasn't on there its not enforceable and he hadn't seen a correct sign yet. Its on the bottom of page 39 in here http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf and mentions WI statue 943.13(2)(bm)1. I looked it up just to make sure after the class.

I personally haven't seen a sign with a name or signature on it yet either, although I understand the owner's intent when they have a sign up and have just been avoiding those businesses if at all possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links