Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises

This is a discussion on Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for the heads up but I live in Florida so that has no weight here, I'll be carrying concealed....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises

Thanks for the heads up but I live in Florida so that has no weight here, I'll be carrying concealed.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    I rarely go to a cinema. If I do I bring my own food (and drink if it's winter and I can sneak it in). Call me cheap but I call it smart. I always end up falling asleep in there too...much better at home on a 65" in 5.1...and what sign??
    Same here. We have a nice set up at home. Plus, I fall a sleep at the theater. Last movie I saw was the Hulk in 2003 because my son and friend wanted to go. Me and his dad fell a sleep within 30 minute. Waste of money. At home got .99 cent 2 liter bottles of soda and 50 cent popcorn. And the PAUSE button. And Sig 228

In Kentucky it is as it is in Alabama all they can do is ask you to leave. I've been Concealed carry for three years and never been made yet
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Quote Originally Posted by GGGreg View Post
    It could be coming from the class needed for the permit.. I know the instructor in the class I took went over the signage law and part of it was the sign has to have the name of the person giving notice on the sign (a manager or owner), and he went on to specifically say if the name wasn't on there its not enforceable and he hadn't seen a correct sign yet. Its on the bottom of page 39 in here http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/...q-20111020.pdf and mentions WI statue 943.13(2)(bm)1. I looked it up just to make sure after the class.

I personally haven't seen a sign with a name or signature on it yet either, although I understand the owner's intent when they have a sign up and have just been avoiding those businesses if at all possible.
    I looked at that PDF and the requirement of the signature is for posting land, the other 3 (non single family residences, non-residential buildings, state or governmental property or university or college, special events) which are not land postings need no signature on the sign. Read it very carefully, the stiplulation of a signature you referenced is only in regards to posting land. The line right after that says "In regard to other locations the sign must simply state the restriction imposed."

It is good to know though as I missed that part on land postings during my readings of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Mograthi View Post
    Read it very carefully, the stiplulation of a signature you referenced is only in regards to posting land. The line right after that says "In regard to other locations the sign must simply state the restriction imposed."

I see that now.. I missed that. And thats why I'm not a lawyer

Neither am I but like you if a business puts up a sign, even if it isn't legal, I honor their wish and take my money elsewhere. If I really like the place I will send them an email letting them know that the sign is costing them my business.
    rigel42 likes this.

Well, they'll need to have Superman working the door, cause they'll never see my concealed carry piece...

Seriously though... Who still goes to these over priced and nasty theaters to see movies... I didn't spend a couple of grand on a home theater setup to not use it....

I say let um sit on all that popcorn and five dollar a bar candy until they go broke.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Local Regal Cinemas my bailiwick (NE OH) all posted.
    If it's dangerous enough there they must have security or off duty LEO, it's too dangerous for me to go.
    ... cheaper, too ...
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

I'm to the point, I'll wait for it to come to Direct TV.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Here is how Regal Cinemas are doing here in Marion, Ohio. Yes, their location had gun buster signs up at one time.
    Marion, OH: Regal Southland Cinema 7 Closes - BigScreen Journal: The BigScreen Cinema Guide
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Never went much,,,,, want go AT ALL NOW.

There are plenty of other movie theaters around. Go to another companie's theater (if that's your thing) and watch your movie. Then, instead of telling us here, send a letter or email or make a phome call to both theaters and tell them why you spent your money where you did.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It appears to be a petty misdemeanor subject to a $25 fine in MN. You might want to check out Section 943.13 (2) (bm) 1 of the Wisconsin statutes before ignoring such signs.
    It's only a petty misdemeanor if you don't leave after being asked, while carrying a gun. Not leaving after being asked is the same as trespass, so that's the general charge. There has not been one instance of the petty mis being charged in MN, and likely never will be.
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

VIP Member
    I don't waste my money. The actors all need to keep their dumb mouths shut on politics and environment issues that they don't understand. I hate to contribute to them. There are plenty of other ways to spend time with your family.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrist View Post
    It's only a petty misdemeanor if you don't leave after being asked, while carrying a gun. Not leaving after being asked is the same as trespass, so that's the general charge. There has not been one instance of the petty mis being charged in MN, and likely never will be.
    A quick read of the statute here makes it clear that trespass is chargeable upon violation of signage:
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/minnesota.pdf
    Whether or not it is regularly enforced is a matter of conjecture unless, of course, one has access to all court records of all jurisdictions within the state of Minnesota readily available.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links