Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises

This is a discussion on Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I no longer patronize these folks due to this. I now go to NCG theaters and hey, they're cheaper too. Sent from my SCH-I510 using ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Regal Cinema bans handguns on premises

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

I no longer patronize these folks due to this. I now go to NCG theaters and hey, they're cheaper too.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Luckily here in MN and WI we can ignore such signs.

In Florida the signs do not have the force of law as in TN. Their only recourse is to ask you to leave if they discover your carrying, then you must leave or you're trespassing. Otherwise, concealed is concealed. That's one reason I don't regularly carry when I visit my family in TN. The laws are too schizophrenic, you never know til you get there whether the place is posted, no continuity.
    johnbergsing likes this.

VIP Member
    I don't do theaters anymore. The reason they don't want guns in the theater is because they want to be the only ones robbing people on the premises.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I don't do theaters anymore. The reason they don't want guns in the theater is because they want to be the only ones robbing people on the premises.
    I'll second this. Wife an I went to a movie recently, (on a gift card we received for Christmas) and the cinema charged $10.50 each for tickets. Talk about sticker shock! Last movie for us for quite a while.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

What is a cinima? I watch all my movies at home!
    Chad Rogers likes this.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Hulu.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    In Florida the signs do not have the force of law as in TN. Their only recourse is to ask you to leave if they discover your carrying, then you must leave or you're trespassing. Otherwise, concealed is concealed. That's one reason I don't regularly carry when I visit my family in TN. The laws are too schizophrenic, you never know til you get there whether the place is posted, no continuity.
    There is legislation in the works to make TN like you guys

We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmruger View Post
    Luckily here in MN and WI we can ignore such signs.
    Umm wrong on the WI side of the fence. If the sign is 5" X 7" and posted prominently at all entrances it is legal and carries force of law. If you get caught you can get what amounts to a trespass ticket Class B forfeiture.

I really don't get where everyone from WI says you can just ignore the sign.
    Wisconsin Legislature: 943.13(2)(bm)

Section 2
    (bm)
    1. In this paragraph, "sign" means a sign that states a restriction imposed under subd. 2. that is at least 5 inches by 7 inches.
    a. For the purposes of sub. (1m) (c) 1m., an owner of a residence that is not a single-family residence has notified an individual not to enter or remain in a part of that building, or on the grounds of that building, while carrying a firearm or with a particular type of firearm if the owner has posted a sign that is located in a prominent place near all of the entrances to the part of the building to which the restriction applies or near all probable access points to the grounds to which the restriction applies and any individual entering the building or the grounds can be reasonably expected to see the sign.
    am. For the purposes of sub. (1m) (c) 2., 4., and 5., an owner or occupant of a part of a nonresidential building, the state or a local governmental unit, or a university or a college has notified an individual not to enter or remain in a part of the building while carrying a firearm or with a particular type of firearm if the owner, occupant, state, local governmental unit, university, or college has posted a sign that is located in a prominent place near all of the entrances to the part of the building to which the restriction applies and any individual entering the building can be reasonably expected to see the sign.
    b. For the purposes of sub. (1m) (c) 2., an owner or occupant of the grounds of a nonresidential building or of land has notified an individual not to enter or remain on the grounds or land while carrying a firearm or with a particular type of firearm if the owner or occupant has posted a sign that is located in a prominent place near all probable access points to the grounds or land to which the restriction applies and any individual entering the grounds or land can be reasonably expected to see the sign.
    c. For the purposes of sub. (1m) (c) 3., the organizers of the special event have notified an individual not to enter or remain at the special event while carrying a firearm or with a particular type of firearm if the organizers have posted a sign that is located in a prominent place near all of the entrances to the special event and any individual attending the special event can be reasonably expected to see the sign.
    Cyngen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    There is legislation in the works to make TN like you guys

Here's hoping your legislators and gov get it done.

I haven't been to a movie theater since the price of a movie ticket was still $3.50 for an evening showing and $1.00 for the Saturday Matinees...

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I have been boycotting the cinemas anyway. $20 bucks for a box of stale popcorn, a watered-down Coke, and a box of candy at the snack bar is robbery. They get it because people pay it. I won't anymore.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

i read this title as "new location for criminals to loiter and not face any opposition"
    johnbergsing likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by texasKA View Post
    i read this title as "new location for criminals to loiter and not face any opposition"
    Agreed

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by ole slabside View Post
    I haven't been to a movie theater since the price of a movie ticket was still $3.50 for an evening showing and $1.00 for the Saturday Matinees...
    They have color movies nowadays. :)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links