Grand Rapids, MI man open carries to polls

This is a discussion on Grand Rapids, MI man open carries to polls within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by carracer Are you saying that Michiganders are just like Californians? Cal. was done in by liberal legislatures not the general public. I ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Grand Rapids, MI man open carries to polls

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Are you saying that Michiganders are just like Californians? Cal. was done in by liberal legislatures not the general public. I believe if a public vote had been taken the results would have been different.

Not everyone is scared of a properly holstered legally carried firearm being carried by a responsible legal person. It just seems that the majority of those that think it is scary are cc'ers.
    The public did vote, they put the government in place. MI has its liberal parts, and when there is public out cry, the government feels the need to do something. Im not against OC, not scared of it. However, if you do it, you need to project yourself to a higher level. It really does matter. The others in society do take offense to it. Not my rules, just the rules we live under....
    MotorCityGun likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    The so called "Common Sense" argument is what people throw out when they think everyone else should believe and act only as they do. It's a weak near emotional argument.
    Yes, that's right, and the common sense argument is often used by anti-gunners as well. ALL THE TIME.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Guys, come on up here to MI and bring along your OC "stones", then proudly OC into any of our "friendly" metropolitan areas, like Detroit or Flint. Better yet, go right on ahead and OC into one of our "gun free" zones. Let me know how that works out for ya'...sheesh, talk about being an over-zealous, gun totin' whackadoodle. YOU are exactly the kind of gun carrier the anti's are using to stereotype ALL gun carriers in order to frighten the general sheeple.
    Harryball likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

So, MCG, here's a direct question to you...(will answer your previous post later) ... Why is it that you feel you must come to the OC portion of the forum and post your inflamatory opinions that are obviously meant to create a division amongst carriers? Then when we try to counter your opinion we are not using common sense or you accuse us of other showboating activities? Why are you using stir stick comments instead of letting the OC part of the forum be for oc'ers?

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit9mm View Post
    IMO he went in looking for a situation like a lot of OC folks that purposely carry into controversial places do. He was obviously making a statement and not so much worried about his safety, if he was he could have went with CC.
    And thus my second issue with open carriers. Their concern is not about the Second Amendment. Their concern is massaging their ego.
    MotorCityGun likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

You all need to rent that bus, go on the Brady tour. You sound just like them. Don't scare the sheep. Common sense! Ego stroking! Wow.
    jrclen likes this.

Are you saying that Michiganders are just like Californians? Cal. was done in by liberal legislatures not the general public. I believe if a public vote had been taken the results would have been different.
    Same difference, the General Public are the ones that voted those morons in! Seeing as MOST of CA is liberal crybabies it makes sense.

Somebody help me on this. The article was a total of 133 words. We have devoted probably 20000 words on the issue in this one thread. I went to some anti sites and there is just a mere mention of this guy.

Now, I ask you all:who is getting their panties in wad about this? It is like watching the Republican primary candidates attack each other(Disclaimer:an analogy, not meant to be political)
    carracer and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sd976 View Post
    An "exempt" CPL also makes CC legal on school premises.
    You are correct, I should have been more specific. The only lawful way to carry in a polling station inside a school, without an exemption on ones CPL (read-special class of citizen) is OC with a CPL.

Right now there are bills in MI to expand on the special class of citizen while still forcing us not-so-special citizens to OC in PFZs. There has been a bill sitting stagnant since the 01/2011 to eliminate PFZs in MI. If everyone in the MI gun community would come together and contact their legislators maybe something could be done about it. Enough of the OC vs CC crap, how about working together to accomplish something that would benefit both sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Same difference, the General Public are the ones that voted those morons in! Seeing as MOST of CA is liberal crybabies it makes sense.
    Are you saying that your legislatures always vote with your views?

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    So, MCG, here's a direct question to you...(will answer your previous post later) ... Why is it that you feel you must come to the OC portion of the forum and post your inflamatory opinions that are obviously meant to create a division amongst carriers? Then when we try to counter your opinion we are not using common sense or you accuse us of other showboating activities? Why are you using stir stick comments instead of letting the OC part of the forum be for oc'ers?
    So, I take it YOU have NEVER posted to the other categories on this site, right? Last time I checked, any portion of this site is open to EVERY rule-abiding poster.

"Inflamatory'?...my, my, my, aren't "we" being a bit hyper-sensitive? Hyperbole will only take you so far, then you will begin to sound like an over-reactionary OC-er, if you haven't already. If I've "created a division amongst carriers", that's your problem not mine...get over it. You, some of your OC buds, actually appear/sound to be more a "divider" than a "uniter".

And oh, let me know when you plan on visiting/OC-ing up in our "fun" places here in MI. I want to have my video camera ready.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Hmmm.... apparently you just don't get it.

Go to Michigan? Nothing there for me. If I ever do, will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Somebody help me on this. The article was a total of 133 words. We have devoted probably 20000 words on the issue in this one thread. I went to some anti sites and there is just a mere mention of this guy.

Now, I ask you all:who is getting their panties in wad about this? It is like watching the Republican primary candidates attack each other(Disclaimer:an analogy, not meant to be political)
    Ill Help you...Public forum, emotional topic. People have opinions. If there is anything else let me know....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Ill Help you...Public forum, emotional topic. People have opinions. If there is anything else let me know....
    You know what I mean. And it wasn't freedom to use a forum. It is we (and I) sometimes think the action of gun owners (hunters, OC,CC..) give ammo to anit's in promoting their agenda. Sometimes we are the ones that make more of a fuss about it than the anti's. That is all. I need to catch a helo ride now.
    I gave you three winks so you get it this time
    carracer likes this.

I'm not sure that I see the problem here. I don't OC, but I support the right to do it. So the guy legally carried a gun into a "gun-free zone..." Big deal... either way you look at it, this story is going to fade into the background in days... Remember how devastating it was when Dick Cheney accidentally shot someone? That was out of the news in a couple of weeks... Is this really going to be an issue one way or the other??
    carracer likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links