Humorous look at Open Carry... - Page 2

Humorous look at Open Carry...

This is a discussion on Humorous look at Open Carry... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I enjoyed it. You can only take something on Comedy Central so seriously....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Humorous look at Open Carry...

I enjoyed it. You can only take something on Comedy Central so seriously.

I thought it was entertaining.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    Wow, I actually hated it. Poking fun at people who carry. Just listen to where they inserted their canned laughs. John Stewart is one of the biggest mouthpieces for liberal America.
    Lighten up, Francis. John Stewart is a comedian, not a mouthpiece for anything. He's also libertarian-leaning. I saw the piecewhen it originally aired, and happen to know John Pierce, one of the guys profiled for the bit. He had a good time doing it, and knew full well, that it was going to be a comical look at open carry, which is sorely needed. Most open carry types take themselves too seriously.
    Toorop and Vaquero 45 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledork View Post
    Lighten up, Francis. John Stewart is a comedian, not a mouthpiece for anything. He's also libertarian-leaning. I saw the piecewhen it originally aired, and happen to know John Pierce, one of the guys profiled for the bit. He had a good time doing it, and knew full well, that it was going to be a comical look at open carry, which is sorely needed. Most open carry types take themselves too seriously.
    Sometimes you got to learn to laugh at yourself. Conservatives hate John Stewart because he makes them look like fools with such ease. But to be fair, they do make themselves look bad.
    Dumbledork likes this.

VIP Member
    Sorry I hated this video. I am not a big OC guy, but making OC folks out to be whacko's is wrong in my book. Oh and John Stewart is a DB....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

How can they say we're out of shape, round is a shape!
    Dumbledork and accessbob like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hahahaha
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Sorry I hated this video. I am not a big OC guy, but making OC folks out to be whacko's is wrong in my book. Oh and John Stewart is a DB....
    Either you watched a different show than I did, or you failed to get the joke. Stewart didn't make anyone out to be whackos. John Pierce and Mike Stollenwerk, two of some the biggest open carry and Second Amendment activists around, worked with Stewart on this bit. Neither of these men are fools; in fact, it's safe to say that they're highly intelligent, and politically savvy. It was an affectionate jab at the open carry movement, not a derisive one. John Stewart has, on a separate occasion, spoken out against the Brady Campaign, and while is still "liberal" when it comes to gun legislation, understands that guns aren't the problem, people are.

I think that people are determined not to like it only because it's John Stewart. If it were Bill Maher, I'd understand; that moron is vehemently anti-gun, and not even creatively funny about it. I've talked to Pierce about the sketch; he has no regrets, and had a good time filming it.
    Tzadik likes this.

VIP Member
    I thought it was humorous. I am not a big Stewart fan, but anybody that slams the Brady Bunch is OK. The skit was funny and while jabbing at the OC movement, it portrayed the OCers in a pretty good light. They were professionally dressed and well groomed. They looked like regular joes, but with a sidearm. The Brady Bunch just looked stupid. Works for me even if Stewart is behind it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    How can they say we're out of shape, round is a shape!
    Yea. Just need stretchin about 2-1/2 Feet ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Hey Porp and C hawk Glock...

Just remember "those who cannot laugh at themselves leave the job to others"

We all know there are those among us in our society who cannot have anything negative said about their views, joking or not.

I, for one, choose not to be that person on the either side of an issue.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieny View Post
    Really liked it except for the "everybody has the same body type" at the end!!!
    Its funny because its true

I chuckled at it more than once... though there wre a couple of cringe-worthy moments. I don't normally like John Stewart, but he does "get it" every now and then.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I chuckled at it more than once... though there wre a couple of cringe-worthy moments. I don't normally like John Stewart, but he does "get it" every now and then.
    He gets it about 99% of the time in my opinion. He definitely got it this time.
    Vaquero 45 likes this.

very nice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links