Humorous look at Open Carry...

This is a discussion on Humorous look at Open Carry... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kerberos Hey Porp and C hawk Glock... Just remember "those who cannot laugh at themselves leave the job to others" We all ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Humorous look at Open Carry...

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Hey Porp and C hawk Glock...

Just remember "those who cannot laugh at themselves leave the job to others"

We all know there are those among us in our society who cannot have anything negative said about their views, joking or not.

I, for one, choose not to be that person on the either side of an issue.
    Believe me, I'm a serious joker, I don't think I go a day without making or taking smartass comments from my piers and family. I can laugh at myself better than most people I know. I do not however find it funny to portray people who chose to OC (no I don't OC, except while hunting/hiking) as this skit did. Millions of otherwise uninformed people watch this and believe it or not quite a few of them take this as "real" or "how gun owners are". Guns are fun, not funny. So many of my generation ONLY get thier news from a comedy channel and their views are shaped by it. Flame away, but try to think about it minus the "funny factor", really watch the video with the mentality of a non gun person and try to base your thoughts using that train of thought.

2. Remove Ads

Can't have a gun news story with out the obligatory Brady Bunch Moron Comment.. "carrying a Colt45 on their hip" .. possible... not likely. So let me invoke a classic: Large Cap Clips, and The Shoulder Thing That Goes Up:
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    Believe me, I'm a serious joker, I don't think I go a day without making or taking smartass comments from my piers and family. I can laugh at myself better than most people I know.

Really? I thought you would take yourself much moor seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    Really? I thought you would take yourself much moor seriously.
    At least he supports our right to bare arms.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    Believe me, I'm a serious joker, I don't think I go a day without making or taking smartass comments from my piers and family. I can laugh at myself better than most people I know. I do not however find it funny to portray people who chose to OC (no I don't OC, except while hunting/hiking) as this skit did. Millions of otherwise uninformed people watch this and believe it or not quite a few of them take this as "real" or "how gun owners are". Guns are fun, not funny. So many of my generation ONLY get thier news from a comedy channel and their views are shaped by it. Flame away, but try to think about it minus the "funny factor", really watch the video with the mentality of a non gun person and try to base your thoughts using that train of thought.
    What are you talking about? If you take out the funny factor, then it would not be on a comedy channel. I don't take my news from this channel and I don't think many people do. I don't take it from a news channel like Fox either (interesting fact is that according to a recent study Fox News viewers were less informed then those who did not watch the news daily). I take my news from numerous sources and I just form my opinion.

What is the mentality of a non-gun person? And how will it shape the views of this comedy skit on a comedy channel? I don't take the Saturday Night Live skits and spoofs on the POTUS debates as real either. Though I am into politics. My friends who are not into politics don't take those as real either.

If the Daily Show was REAL news they'd have the winning lottery numbers and the weather every ten minutes or so.

Until then, GET OVER YOURSELVES PEOPLE. It's a comedy show.
    ironmike86, Dumbledork and Toorop like this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Be it a comedy show or not, I oc'd for years before cc was legal, most of that is true. People come up a ask, "you gonna shoot me?" ot just make some kind of remark about your side arm. Oc is putting yourself out there for some smart jerk to make a statement. They will never know how your gun saved them from carjacking, robery or some other crime by just being visible. As for "mis I dont know if they are here to protect me or shoot everyone", she was still alive to make the statement. Go figure. Most all thugs don't oc for shock effecy when they get next to you. JMO
    ironmike86 likes this.

I don't like the video. I didn't laugh. Probably because when I heard the comments from others and the signs of the picketers I am reminded a lot of "Americans" feel that way and it isn't FUNNY. Our right to keep and bear arms is under attack by those who live in the real fantasy world. They work hard to tell the public that "guns are bad". I am so sick of it, I just want to puke. You can't argue with their level of idiocy. And these people are voting to strip my rights away and the ability to protect myself and my family at every election. So no, I didn't find it humorous at all.

Eh, kind of mixed feelings on it. Overall I thought it was pretty funny, I think what I didn't like were the Brady wackos, that and I'm not a huge John Stewart fan.

Funny video. thanks.

I think the Hamburglar is the only bad guy he's worried about. But it was funny.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think the Hamburglar is the only bad guy he's worried about. But it was funny.

Burgers....mmmmm
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Luckily my wife has never asked me: "Honey, does this Glock make my butt look big!"
    Of course you know the right answer to that question, don't you?
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I thought it was pretty amusing. I have to wonder if the people in the cafe knew that was being done for a TV show? I mean, they must have seen the cameras around.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I got a good chuckle out of it. I'm a pretty funny guy, but they say looks aren't everything!
    It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. - David Hume

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links