I OC'ed all day today.

This is a discussion on I OC'ed all day today. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yep, I did it. Now, I've been one of those critics for OC on numerous threads and I really do believe CC is a much ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I OC'ed all day today.

I OC'ed all day today.

Yep, I did it. Now, I've been one of those critics for OC on numerous threads and I really do believe CC is a much better option. I like low profile, no notice, no bubbles, no troubles. Today, we decided for a little range fun here in NC, and since I never go to the outdoor public range without a carry piece on my hip, I decided to OWB my G23 with a jacket. We had fun, shot up our frozen water bottles, shot the 10/22 for an hour pegging dead shotgun shells at 50 yds, rang the gong a few dozen times at 150 yds. with the AR, blew through 300 rounds of 9mm with my KT Sub2000/30 rd mags (vetting my summer trip carry rifle), shot the big Smith wheelie as well as my Smith and Glock 9 semi's, and let my wife discover she doesn't like the Smith j-frame nearly as much as a nice little 9 semi. When we left the range, I left the piece OWB on my hip and we went to lunch. There were three LEO's in the restaurant where we ate. They did give me a look when we walked in, but that was it. I didn't flaunt it, and I sat where my strong side was inboard at the booth (Bogart's in Sylva, NC is a fine restaurant). No hassles. It reminded me of the first time I CC'ed except now I was sure everyone could see it. We left and did some shopping at the Walmart and the hardware store. I did notice some looks, but I really didn't care after bypassing the law at lunch. My conclusion: I'd rather have it hidden. No offense to you hardcore OC'ers. I'm just not interested in advertising anything to anyone. The less you know about me, the better off I am. I'm not posting this to raise the rabble, just expressing my OC experience today. I'd probably do it again, but I have trouble finding good reasons to justify it.
    mook012, DC, GJ44 and 8 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats! I have wanted to try the same experiment, but have yet to do it.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

I haven't tried it here yet either. I should just for the fun of it.

Odd, nothing happened. :)

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

I like to OC in the town I moved to over the summer much more than where I was living just 15 miles over the hill. The demographic there is probably a little younger and wealthier. People are friendlier here and don't bat an eye but I felt like I was on the verge of a freakout where I was living. Must be a bunch of PRK transplants like me :) Honestly, except for getting in and out of cars,(easy on the leather, bro!) OWB OC is just more comfortable.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I only OC when back home in TN or another OC state, and even then I only OC 5-10% of the time. It is nice just having the option to do so. I wish we had the option here in Florida.

As legal as it is in this state, i live in liberalwaukee (milwaukee). And from what i have heard about Madison, i dont see much difference. Id rather not be arrested for "making a scene" and then have to fight like heck to get my firearm back. Although i do want to OC sometime.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

I have to try it sometime, but other than that, the day that you described in your post sounded like the funnest day anyone could possibly have.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Yep, I did it.

.... [snip] ....

I'd probably do it again, but I have trouble finding good reasons to justify it.
    No justification necessary
    carracer likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Glad it was uneventful. The Sylva chief of police is OC friendly from what I have heard. Question, do they serve alcohol there?
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    You were evidently doing it wrong. We all know when someone open carry's that little old ladies are suppose to faint, kids go running to mommy screaming about seeing a gun, bands of thugs are suppose to swoop down in you and take your gun from you, and the police will prone you out on the ground while they preform a strip search along with full body cavity search you, after gathering the whole town to watch.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by W9HDG View Post
    I haven't tried it here yet either. I should just for the fun of it.
    W9HDG Not sure whats it like up by you but here in Milwaukee LEO would hassle me.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Nice Jibby. Glad it worked out for you.

Tell me more about Bogarts. I go up to Cashiers several times a year and Sylva isn't too far away, especially if there is a great place to eat.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So bottom line you were emulating a radical OC nut but absolutely nothing happened to confirm your preconceptions. (Not attacking you, just pointing out the obvious)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Yep, I did it. Now, I've been one of those critics for OC on numerous threads and I really do believe CC is a much better option
    Now wait a minute.. Your profile says you live in Florida. But I didn't think OC was legal there. Is it?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links