Attended my first Alabama Open Carry meeting tonight. - Page 2

Attended my first Alabama Open Carry meeting tonight.

This is a discussion on Attended my first Alabama Open Carry meeting tonight. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Back to the original post on the open carry meeting. I forgot to ask, what were the casualties? I have to assume that with weapons ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Attended my first Alabama Open Carry meeting tonight.

Back to the original post on the open carry meeting. I forgot to ask, what were the casualties? I have to assume that with weapons being openingly carried that there had to be a lot of slips and falls what with all the blood on the floor.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    The question should not be whether or not the police should stop and question them. The question should be would it be legal for them to do so.

Michael
    Exactly; and SCOUS has ruled that for LEO to stop someone there must be RAS that a crime has been committed, is being committed or is about to be committed; simply doing a legal thing in a place where it is legal to do does not make RAS.
    FTG-05 and Moga like this.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Exactly; and SCOUS has ruled that for LEO to stop someone there must be RAS that a crime has been committed, is being committed or is about to be committed; simply doing a legal thing in a place where it is legal to do does not make RAS.
    But I have nothing to hide...........

If it just saves one child's life.........

(years later)

Hey, where did all my freedoms go!
    FTG-05 and Zepoll like this.

To get this thread back on track, here's more on the meeting along with some discussion of the Chief's comments. There should be more once the recording (if made) is transcribed.

Tuscaloosa Open Carry Meet up March 19th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    So,checking to see if your on the up&up is imposing will? I must have missed that part when I got my Masters in CJ.the same people who complain about not able to o.c without being ? would complain thatthe Police did'nt do any thing when they SEEN A MAN WITH A GUN,and now he's killed 5 people at Micky D's.
    Buy that rationale, you should become a cop if your not already. Pull over everybody driving a car and run there license. ID every person that appears to be foreign and make sure their in this country legally. Check every sports bottle to make sure somebody didn't spike it with booze and walking among us drunk. Shall I continue? People who have no issues consistently producing ID learn REAL QUICK that it lets the cops feel comfortable harassing us. If you were pulled over "Just In case" your license wasn't good, would you be okay with that? I'm not anti cop, I've got a few in my family, but sorry, if they wanna bust our balls, we bust back. Just walking down the street minding your own business is NOT probably cause to detain you, waste your time, verify ID and make a seen and embarrass you. It's very simple, everybody but the sheep and the cops get it. CRIMINALS DON'T OC!!!!!! THEY HIDE THEIR GUNS!!!!!
    FTG-05 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    The reason for challenging anyone who open carries is to be sure they are legally allowed to carry a weapon. Convicted fellons are not allowed to own a gun. That was clear in the newspaper article.
    Convicted felons aren't allowed many activities yet the police aren't tasked with stopping every person engaged in said activity to determine whether they're a felon.

You are right. The public is in dire need of education. Start with the definition of tier 1 stops and RAS.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    They actually do stop people to check for valid license and up to date insurance. It is justified by ensurring people are OBEYING the law. I don't mind showing an officer my ID and proving I am a responsible law abiding citizen. The more people that comply with this, the easier and faster officers will become used to it and there will be fewer checks. But the more people who remain DEFIANT and do not comply, make it harder on the rest of us and potentially threaten the outcome of the understanding of the law.
    Defiant? A person who is conducting themselves within the parameters of law and, as such, has little appreciation for hostile treatment from his local officers as if he's a criminal or engaged in criminal activity is being defiant? You don't say? Either there's some other mitigating circumstance for a tier one encounter or AL law specifically states that members of the public that are issued a state carry license must produce it to any LE whom they encounter, a la LA. Otherwise, your chief and his officers haven't any more legal ground to stop an openly armed citizen and demand their identification and firearm credential than any one else found out in the public. Haven't any of you read Terry v Ohio?

At any rate, good luck with your group's endeavors. It appears that you all have your work cut out.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links