How well posted is your Post Office - Page 2

How well posted is your Post Office

This is a discussion on How well posted is your Post Office within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local Post Office. Not at all. There is a "NO DOGS ALLOWED" sign on the front doors....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How well posted is your Post Office

Administrator
    My local Post Office. Not at all. There is a "NO DOGS ALLOWED" sign on the front doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    I bet it is posted in the employee rest room... LOL

Because the post office is still tied to federal laws they do not have to post it anywhere. They expect all of us to know all the federal laws. And they always win because the 'black robes" will give you the catch all phrase. "Ignorance to the law is no excuse". Don't ya just love dem dare feds!!!
    Not exactly. Sometimes it pays to know what the law actually says. Title 18 section 930 (where federal buildings get the authority to post) section h. I came across this after parks carry passed. I don't think I'll push the issue though.

(h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be.

18 USC 930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities | LII / Legal Information Institute
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    My post office is well posted. On the front of the building in BIG letters it says "United States Post Office".
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links