How well posted is your Post Office

This is a discussion on How well posted is your Post Office within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The thread about the guy OCing in a PO had several reference to how well or not POs are posted. There's obviously no great consistency. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How well posted is your Post Office

The thread about the guy OCing in a PO had several reference to how well or not POs are posted. There's obviously no great consistency. I'd like to hear how your PO is posted. Please keep this to just descriptions of actual USPS facilities, not the contracted outlets. And let's not divert into the issue of POs being posted being an infringement. We already know that.

So here goes:

My town's one PO has two entrances, one directly to the lockbox area, and another into the lobby/counter area. Both open into the same general walkway across the front of the building. There are no signs on the outside of the building.

Upon entering the lockbox side, you will see no, nada, zero signage. If all you do is go to your box and depart, you get no notice.

Using the other entrance, there's a smallish sign on the wall as you head toward the lockboxes. If you turn the other way towards the customer counter, you will not likely see the sign.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

JD
    Administrator
    Nothing on the doors, there's the official gun buster sign hanging on the wall over near the PO boxes, not sure if there's anything my the counters...

I have yet to see a Post Office posted anywhere - MA, NJ, CT, or AZ.

Isn't it well-known that you can't carry guns into POs, sorta like income tax returns are due in April?
    RMS likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I have yet to see a Post Office posted anywhere - MA, NJ, CT, or AZ.

Isn't it well-known that you can't carry guns into POs, sorta like income tax returns are due in April?
    To us, yes it's well known. To others, not so much.

I've met a few people that have had no desire past meeting the bare minimum requirements to get their carry permit etc. that have no clue about the actual laws regarding carry.

Oddly enough, it seems that the people that would have no clue about the PO make the erroneous assumption that all banks are federally off limits.

Not posted on entry doors. Posted on inside wall that one would most likely (if at all )see when exiting the building. None the less of where they post it you will be arrested and charged. The feds have no sense of humor.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

No sign on the door; one posted on the wall which you can see when leaving the Customer Service Counter, (or when standing in line... ).

Post office is Not required to POST it is Federal property and No weapons allowed posted or not.
    It you check you will find that with out any agreement in place not even LEO officers can carry in or on post office grounds or parking lots.
    The Law is the same for all Military post.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Not posted on entry doors. Posted on inside wall that one would most likely (if at all )see when exiting the building. None the less of where they post it you will be arrested and charged. The feds have no sense of humor.

Same here, thankfully I hardly ever have to go there.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Nothing posted in our local rural post office about firearms, if there is, it's not posted in a place for all to see.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

my post office has no signs anywhere, another one near me has several signs....
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Nothing posted in our local rural post office about firearms, if there is, it's not posted in a place for all to see.
    I bet it is posted in the employee rest room... LOL

Because the post office is still tied to federal laws they do not have to post it anywhere. They expect all of us to know all the federal laws. And they always win because the 'black robes" will give you the catch all phrase. "Ignorance to the law is no excuse". Don't ya just love dem dare feds!!!

Crowman, That sign prohibits revolvers Simi autos are good to go. LOL
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

How well posted are schools? What about parades? Gubmint buildings? Athletic events?

The onus is one you to know the law. Signs are meaningless. We know the average JQP can't read.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    FIVE Post Office only buildings in my usual circle of Travel and ALL OF THEM have a Poster.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links