Day Hike in North GA, open carry? - Page 2

Day Hike in North GA, open carry?

This is a discussion on Day Hike in North GA, open carry? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trailblzrkym: Well, if you were one of my 4 adult daughters, I'd tell you to take BOTH the .45 AND the shotgun--although if you could ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Day Hike in North GA, open carry?

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Trailblzrkym: Well, if you were one of my 4 adult daughters, I'd tell you to take BOTH the .45 AND the shotgun--although if you could borrow somebody else's shotgun with a conventional stock it would be easier to jury-rig up a safari sling that would make the shotgun much easier to handle Safari Rifle Sling, Gun Slings, Hunting Accessories, Hunting : Cabela's with a little fore-thought you could rig up something--or, forget the pistol and take TWO shotguns Never such a thing as 'Too much gun", esp for women who LOOK like easy prey to two-legged predators.........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Administrator
    Take your recently expired New Hampshire in with you when you go for your Georgia. Maybe they can hurry things up for you a little bit if they know you have a hike planned.

Quote Originally Posted by HKR View Post
    Is that the actual time they are issuing in or is that the time they are quoting to everyone?
    My county quotes two weeks but if you call and check on it you can get it within a few days. No county should be taking more than two weeks, although by law they can take more.
    Go apply and speak with the Probate Judge. Explain the situation to him or her and see if they can have it signed and ready for you before your trip.

As for the hunting license, you have to actually be in the act of hunting or on your way to or from. Also, there are no temporary hunting licenses in Georgia.
    they actually are quoting 3-5 business days but I just had two friends apply for theirs and they both waited about 20-23 days. I can't wait that long BUT I think I will talk to the Probate Judge. If he/she can expedite it under special circumstances that'd be awesome. Plus my NICS check will come back right away, fast and easy because I'm the only person in the freaking world with my actual name. lol So maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for the info, you're the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Trailblzrkym: Well, if you were one of my 4 adult daughters, I'd tell you to take BOTH the .45 AND the shotgun--although if you could borrow somebody else's shotgun with a conventional stock it would be easier to jury-rig up a safari sling that would make the shotgun much easier to handle Safari Rifle Sling, Gun Slings, Hunting Accessories, Hunting : Cabela's with a little fore-thought you could rig up something--or, forget the pistol and take TWO shotguns Never such a thing as 'Too much gun", esp for women who LOOK like easy prey to two-legged predators.........
    haha thanks Chaplain Scott! You're right, no such thing as too many guns. haha. The only reason I'm concerned about the shotgun is the weight of it on my smaller framed friend. I'm a solid chick but she's more comfortable with shotguns vs pistols which is why we had decided I'd carry the XD and her the Mossberg. I imagine two women will always look like easy prey to most human predators but what a surprise it would be to have your behind handed to you by a couple of lowly female hikers. bwahahahahahaa (evil laughter continues for an awkwardly long time....) cough. cough.... not that I'm looking for trouble or anything. :)
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Take your recently expired New Hampshire in with you when you go for your Georgia. Maybe they can hurry things up for you a little bit if they know you have a hike planned.
    I may just do that, thank you!!!

:)
    "You don't understand anything, until you learn it more than one way..." - Marvin Minsky

If all else fails, check and see if any small game seasons may be open ( squirrel, rabbit, etc. ) If so, get your hunting license and carry your shotgun. You don't HAVE to shoot any 4 legged critters, but you'd be legal. You are getting close to turkey season, check Ga. rules and pay attention to required shot size if you go that route. They are specific as to shot and gun capacity. No big problem, just know before you go. P.S. you will probably have to get a turkey stamp also.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links