Rev. Jesse Jackson on Oklahoma Open Carry Legislation????? HA!

This is a discussion on Rev. Jesse Jackson on Oklahoma Open Carry Legislation????? HA! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does everything have to be made a "race issue"? The old Rev. is one of the biggest racists I know! Oklahoma Legislative Black Caucus, the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Rev. Jesse Jackson on Oklahoma Open Carry Legislation????? HA!

Oh how I grow tired of people thinking that keeping guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens somehow stops violent crime. Why can't they use common sense? Do a study on the number of shooting deaths and if the people involved had a LEGAL right to own and carry firearms. I would bet 90% of the guns involved are illegally owned and obtained. So how does making it harder for LAW ABIDING people to get them and carry them help?

As for Jesse Jackson, he hasn't been relevant in 20 years. Who cares what he says. Keep voting the right people into office and what he says doesn't matter anyways.
    beararms, sid1, hogdaddy and 2 others like this.

Not to mention among other things an extortionist and a love child maker!!

Quote Originally Posted by grunvs1978 View Post
    Interesting, he equates open carry with an increase in violence. Same logic used to try to stop CC, but the numbers show that is not the case.
    beararms likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

From the article: "Other Jackson demands: state legislation that would make hate crimes a felony, a bill of rights for Oklahoma high school and college athletes and an apology from the state for the 1921 race riots in Tulsa.

Jackson and Johnson criticized a disparity between state contracts awarded to white and black business owners as well as a perceived lack of diversity on the state's Board of Regents.

Jackson and the caucus also on Wednesday announced the development of an Oklahoma coalition that will focus as well on protecting reproductive rights, reducing student loan debts and defending workers' rights to organize." He has something for everyone. His anti-law abiding gun ownership position tends to gets lost in all of this stew; the Fla. situation gives it prominence now.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I love the fact that he still wants an apology from something that happened in 1921. This guy needs to realize it's not all about him anymore, it's about "his" people being able to protect themselves.
    beararms and hogdaddy like this.
    Walk softly ...

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Once again ole Jesse is flappin' them lips when they should be shut.
    SCGunLover1

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Even an outright ban on all forms of firearms won't keep them out of the hands of criminals, gangbangers and thugs. Jessie still has a lot to answer for. What does he do for a living anyhow? How does he get from Chicago to Sandford, FL. then Oklahoma without having a job? He must have one hell-of-a credit card balance. I wonder if he gets air-miles?
    hogdaddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    What does he do for a living anyhow? How does he get from Chicago to Sandford, FL. then Oklahoma without having a job? He must have one hell-of-a credit card balance. I wonder if he gets air-miles?
    He profits from companies that make hefty contributions to his "Rainbow Coalition" in exchange for promising these companies that he won't organize a demonstration in front of the company's doors, with signs that may say, "this (company name) discriminates against African-American" Companies cave and contribute, rather than deal with a publicity nightmare. That is how The Rev Jackson makes his money.
    Spirit51 likes this.

he is against open carry because the street brother like to carry mex style
    DontTreadOnI and accessbob like this.

If we could split the country in half with constitutional carry on one half and unlimited liberal legislation on the other I wonder where the criminals would hang out.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver View Post
    If we could split the country in half with constitutional carry on one half and unlimited liberal legislation on the other I wonder where the criminals would hang out.
    This is what I don't understand. All these people just want to change our country. Why don't they go start their own and make it the way they want it?
    msgt/ret, carracer and Badey like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Why ain't he in Illinois calling on "HIS" people to quit killing each other,Last time I checked he didn't live in Oklahoma so he can go take a long walk on a short pier over a gator pond.I don't think he is stupid enough to show up in Oklahoma and try to organize a demonstration
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

All I hear from this TOOL is Blah, Blah, And more BLAH.......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver View Post
    The west gets the carry part I don't want to move.
    Last edited by Elk Hunter; April 19th, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
    grunvs1978 and carracer like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links