Going to open carry for first time

This is a discussion on Going to open carry for first time within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by barstoolguru I used to think the crime rate would go down if people open carried but after reading other treads it seems ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Going to open carry for first time

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I used to think the crime rate would go down if people open carried but after reading other treads it seems like it goes up from people getting robbed for their guns
    Can you post the source of this data. It would be an interesting read . I have only read of one case and it did not end well for the BG.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Can you post the source of this data. It would be an interesting read . I have only read of one case and it did not end well for the BG.
    I would but my dog ate it....lol. there is no case proof either way that crime goes up or down but a quick search (30 mins) shows nothing but the same stories in different formats and a lot of gun discussion boards talking about the same thing we are in fact this board comes up a lot BUT what does show up a lot is people getting their guns taken away open carry or not and used against them. I posted some of them pro’s and con’s so no one can say I didn't balance the tables

Man robbed with own handgun in Minneapolis mugging - Minneapolis News and Weather KMSP FOX 9
    Open carrier robbed at gunpoint of his money and his gun
    Does open-carry gun ban make California safer? - CSMonitor.com
    Open Carry Questions Answers - Pennsylvania Open Carry Gun Laws, Information, Fliers and Forum - paopencarry.org
    Sharp as a Marble - Open Carry prevents a robbery

edit: this is a late add on I found intresting
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-or-strategic/

What you need to do is ask yourself "DOES she look like an easy target for a grab"? Sure does to me; while she is trying to figure out white or wheat she is not watching her back and makes an easy target for someone that is looking for a guarantee
    courtesy-gunvictimsaction_org_.jpg

edit #2: one more....
    I don’t want anyone else to know I have a gun. I don’t want to be standing in a 7-11 one day and have some criminal run in and shoot me first because he sees that I have a gun on my hip, therefore I’m his biggest threat.
    http://www.usacarry.com/are-you-craz...ou-open-carry/

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I used to think the crime rate would go down if people open carried but after reading other treads it seems like it goes up from people getting robbed for their guns
    This would be information that an individual might use in deciding whether or not to open carry. I do not see it as a valid reason for the Government to take a persons freedom away.

Michael

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links