Going to open carry for first time

This is a discussion on Going to open carry for first time within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Due to the clothes I am wearing today I am open carrying for the first time today. I carry my Kimber Ultra Covert II on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Going to open carry for first time

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Going to open carry for first time

Due to the clothes I am wearing today I am open carrying for the first time today. I carry my Kimber Ultra Covert II on my belt in a quick draw holster. I am self conscious about it but rather carry this way than not at all. An update will be forthcoming.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    :D, you could always start by open carrying on your property until you are more comfortable with it.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I hope I see you today. I will start running and screaming he's got a gun!! I've always wanted to do that J/K and looking forward to your follow up report.
    Burns, tcox4freedom and 357and40 like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

I used to think the crime rate would go down if people open carried but after reading other treads it seems like it goes up from people getting robbed for their guns
    carracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I used to think the crime rate would go down if people open carried but after reading other treads it seems like it goes up from people getting robbed for their guns
    Can you tell us which treads you got this info from please?

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1x1wildone View Post
    Can you tell us which treads you got this info from please?
    Here's one:

Unarmed man attempts gun grab on OC'er
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Here we go again..... it is not worth arguing about....

Kimberpackn: let us know how it went. I was very self-conscious the first time I OCed. I actually did it so I could have an argument to use against Ocers (as a CC only guy), but I liked it so much (particularly in the comfort category), I kept doing it. Kudos for choosing to be be armed and self-conscious rather than unarmed.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I open carry in Western Kentucky. Never had any problems with it.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Had an unexpected turn of events. The wife, who carries, said she felt uncomfortable with me oc'ing. So I untucked my shirt and carried concealed.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Well, considering that using your sidearm even in self defense gets you arrested I imagine you'll no longer carry concealed either.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    Had an unexpected turn of events. The wife, who carries, said she felt uncomfortable with me oc'ing. So I untucked my shirt and carried concealed.
    Well all that matters is that you didnt go unarmed

Thanks for the update. Glad it worked out for you and you were able to be armed, even if you didn't get the experience of open carrying.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I feel your pain. I've OC'd with my wife along. Never had an issue. Still do it occasionally. But she much prefers I CC. She carries too, but I don't think I'll get her to OC any time soon. Even out hiking. Being able to defend yourself is the main thing. And that is an argument I just refuse to have with my wife. Carry on.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I feel your pain. I've OC'd with my wife along. Never had an issue. Still do it occasionally. But she much prefers I CC. She carries too, but I don't think I'll get her to OC any time soon. Even out hiking. Being able to defend yourself is the main thing. And that is an argument I just refuse to have with my wife. Carry on.
    So, Chief (I assume Senior Chief?) she has more starch in her shorts! LOL

Actually, same in my house. If my wife and I are going to work effectivly as a cohesive small unit when a threat is presented, I want to know that she is at the top of her comfort level in application of force. That allows me to not over-react :-)

Well stated Sir/Chief, um, well, um Semper Fi!

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Never had a problem in northern KY or Cincinnati!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links