Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery - Page 5

Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery

This is a discussion on Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mlr1m It does put us in a bad light to most ordinary citizens. This tells me that most citizens are perfectly happy ...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    It does put us in a bad light to most ordinary citizens. This tells me that most citizens are perfectly happy with the government abusing its power. The government knows this and uses it to their advantage. Its strange that those being abused are the ones the media shows to be wrong and the ones abusing their power and ignoring the law are portrayed as the good guys.

Michael
    Spot on!! When someone stands up for their rights, has to fight bogus charges and post bond, then sues for compensation for the attorney fees to fight the bogus charges and recoup his bond money, the 2A community lambastes him.

Was he wrong to be rude to the security guard, sure, but I have seen some people on here say some pretty rude things in this thread too! Physician, heal thyself! The self-righteousness on here is making me ill.

If you hate open carry, that is your business, but we should all like rights, and we should all stand up for our rights and the rights of our fellow citizens. These are crappy, bogus charges brought against this guy, and whether or not he is an idiot, he has rights!
    Crowman likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

While we are free not to stand up for our rights what good comes from criticizing those that stand up for us? Why is it we refuse to speak up when our rights are trampled. But so willing to speak up in criticism of those that do?

Michael
    Badey and Crowman like this.

While we are free not to stand up for our rights what good comes from criticizing those that stand up for us? Why is it we refuse to speak up when our rights are trampled. But so willing to speak up in criticism of those that do?

Michael
    Do you think Ted Nugent does a good job of sticky up for our rights? Or would you rather is just shut up sometimes.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Do you think Ted Nugent does a good job of sticky up for our rights? Or would you rather is just shut up sometimes.
    Not everyone needs to be a George Washington, Adams or a Madison. Sometimes we need a Patrick Henry or a Henry Clay to raise a little hell. They all have their place.

Michael
    Spirit51 likes this.

Not everyone needs to be a George Washington, Adams or a Madison. Sometimes we need a Patrick Henry or a Henry Clay to raise a little hell. They all have their place.

Michael
    For me its a little different. I do not think we need to raise hell, to make our point...
    Hopyard likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    I can't even fathom living a life with such a ridiculous siege mentality that I'd have to carry a voice recorder around with me. Funny how these OC advocates just "minding their own business" seem to get caught up in situations like this. Quite the coincidence, I think.
    That is exactly WHY many carry the voice recorders.

I can not believe the number of milquetoast pantie wetters on this site.

The man may win no beauty contests but if anyone bothered to actually READ the article he checked with the PD 1 YEAR previous to this, OCing during his walk was his normal routine for ~1 year. He WAS NOT trolling for a confrontation, he was going about his normal activities while armed, nothing more; nothing less and yes due to NAZI like attitude of some LEO a recorder is as much a matter of self-defense as the gun.
    suntzu, Badey and gigamortis like this.

VIP Member
    Vaquero45 I have to agree is it not amazing that they always seem to pick on that one guy, who is doing nothing wrong, minding his own business who happens to be an advocate for OC and has his recorder with him it is amazing. They also seem to also get those big, bad, "Nazi Cops" (gotta love that one) who just so happen to show up, even though in most cases just like this one THEY RESPONDED TO A CALL FOR SERVICE, to pick on the guy who was doing nothing wrong and minding his own business but then they refuse to answer the most basic of questions or attempt to give bogus information turning a simple situation into a media event.

Why is it when I read threads and comments like the one above the song "California here I come" pops into my head.

They played stupid games and won stupid prizes there to but as stated he won't win any beauty prizes but it is his right. I just hope they don't just the rest of us by the actions of one.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Vaquero45 I have to agree is it not amazing that they always seem to pick on that one guy, who is doing nothing wrong, minding his own business who happens to be an advocate for OC and has his recorder with him it is amazing. They also seem to also get those big, bad, "Nazi Cops" (gotta love that one) who just so happen to show up, even though in most cases just like this one THEY RESPONDED TO A CALL FOR SERVICE, to pick on the guy who was doing nothing wrong and minding his own business but then they refuse to answer the most basic of questions or attempt to give bogus information turning a simple situation into a media event.

Why is it when I read threads and comments like the one above the song "California here I come" pops into my head.

They played stupid games and won stupid prizes there to but as stated he won't win any beauty prizes but it is his right. I just hope they don't just the rest of us by the actions of one.
    Confrontations like this one happen more often than you hear about; you just hear about the ones where the OCer has a voice recorder, because that enables him to defend himself from false charges, and allows him to file civil suit to recoup his monetary losses that the false charges have caused him.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member

Michael
    Henry as many, moderated with age: From Wiki, (and same info from a variety of biographers of that era):
    "He opposed the United States Constitution, fearing that it endangered the rights of the States as well as the freedoms of individuals; he helped gain adoption of the Bill of Rights. By 1798 however, he supported President John Adams and the Federalists; he denounced passage of the Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions as he feared the social unrest and widespread executions that had followed the increasing radicalism of the French Revolution."

(Sometimes revolutions get you blood baths followed by dictators.)
    Harryball likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Allow me to make an analogy to a similar situation and then everyone can poke holes in it.

I live across the street from a city park/little league baseball complex. The park and complex has NOT been posted "no smoking".
    It is perfectly legal for me to go over there and plop myself down in the center row of the baseball bleachers and fire up a cigar. Have never done that but I would expect a few irate parents would ask me to move and if I refused, the league president would surely be over to demand that I put it out or move.
    Upon my refusal I'm confident that the police would be called and when interviewed, I would activate my recorder to capture their abuse of my freedoms. I would refuse to identify myself and then make every attempt to school them on the law. I'm fairly certain we would end up back at the station and I would be charged with some infraction such as being a general public nuisance or whatever they dream up.
    Within a week or so the city council would meet and decide to ban smoking entirely on the complex and the park, and within a few days the area would be posted.
    So did I make great strides in promoting smokers rights and gaining public acceptance, or did I just step on my own manhood?
    Hopyard likes this.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    Allow me to make an analogy to a similar situation and then everyone can poke holes in it.

I live across the street from a city park/little league baseball complex. The park and complex has NOT been posted "no smoking".
    It is perfectly legal for me to go over there and plop myself down in the center row of the baseball bleachers and fire up a cigar. Have never done that but I would expect a few irate parents would ask me to move and if I refused, the league president would surely be over to demand that I put it out or move.
    Upon my refusal I'm confident that the police would be called and when interviewed, I would activate my recorder to capture their abuse of my freedoms. I would refuse to identify myself and then make every attempt to school them on the law. I'm fairly certain we would end up back at the station and I would be charged with some infraction such as being a general public nuisance or whatever they dream up.
    Within a week or so the city council would meet and decide to ban smoking entirely on the complex and the park, and within a few days the area would be posted.
    So did I make great strides in promoting smokers rights and gaining public acceptance, or did I just step on my own manhood?
    Wow. whole bunch of assumptions. Starting with parents getting upset at you not a security guard. Then you assume a the league president shows up that has no authority, unlike in the GA situation he was DETAINED by a security gaurd who did NOT NO THE LAW. That is when a LEO showed up.

Yup, pretty darn close analogy. How long did it take you to figure that out?

Now back to your scenario. I have never seen cops called when someone is smoking and is asked to put it out or move in a place that he can legally smoke. Most likely the parents being offended would move.

Good grief.
    Badey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post

Unless you live in a state like Pennsylvania, where there is preemption, and city, municipal, and county parks are not allowed to be posted.

Also, I would personally support you if that happened to you. I don't like smoking, but I do like rights.
    Last edited by Badey; May 6th, 2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: add content

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Wow. whole bunch of assumptions. Starting with parents getting upset at you not a security guard. Then you assume a the league president shows up that has no authority, unlike in the GA situation he was DETAINED by a security gaurd who did NOT NO THE LAW. That is when a LEO showed up.

Yup, pretty darn close analogy. How long did it take you to figure that out?

Now back to your scenario. I have never seen cops called when someone is smoking and is asked to put it out or move in a place that he can legally smoke. Most likely the parents being offended would move.

Good grief.
    You are correct, it's not EXACTLY the same, hence the term ANALOGY. The point is, you can win the battle and lose the war.
    There is no open carry in Texas so if you think it can't happen where you live you need to think again. All it takes is a bunch of soccer moms to march on the capital. People that can open carry should go out of their way to present a stellar image to the general public because, like it or not, unless you are in a very rural area, a man with a firearm isn't going to be well received most of the time.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Okay here is another analogy. This in in a State that allows open carry but it is frowned on.

Mr. A knows that if he exercises his right to openly carry the State will make his life miserable. They will harass him and possibly arrest him for something such as public nuisance or other such catchall charge. If this fails to stop him from exercising his rights he knows that the State will take his right to open carry away from him. Not wanting to lose his right to open carry he chooses not to do it. Thereby protecting his rights.

Mr. B also knows that the State frowns on citizens exercising their God Given Rights. However he believes that a right not used is a right lost. The State quickly goes into action. They trump up some charges but that does not deter him. They then take away his rights.

In the end what does Mr A have that Mr. B does not? Can either one still exercise their right to open carry?

Michael

Wow, I'm a bit amazed about some people's faith in the legal system, LOL.

I was carrying a recorder because I felt I needed to in a case I got tossed into, and recorded conversations of the people that were ultimately a DA's "Govt experts" and "witnesses"..... and the DA as well. When it was all in court, they testified, and each time.... each one was asked if they understood what perjury was, and asked if they had ever said x, y , or z ? Oh HELL NO .... never ! ! ! Then, the tapes were brought out and introduced into evidence...... which showed each one of them had literally lied, had said x-y-z (which was the opposite of what they said on the stand) and were guilty of perjury .... including the DA lying to the court ( a move that can get them disbarred).

Several people lost their jobs that day, including every case of that type that this DA and these people had been involved in was brought up for review by the court, to determine if their testimony ..... was the determining factor in any guilty findings, etc. IF they were, they were reversed, reheard, or dismissed.

Why carry a recorder ? Are you really asking that question ?

The guy is not subject to being drilled by a Security Guard who's questioning him about something that's legal to do. He's only required to leave if requested to do so, which he did. He's also not subject to being drilled by anyone for the same thing.... which all and all , is for open carrying which was legal.

This thing is a bunch of bull. If they are allowed to violate his 2nd Amendment rights, they are free to violate yours as well.
    TN_Mike, gigamortis and luvmy40 like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links