Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery

This is a discussion on Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mlr1m Okay here is another analogy. This in in a State that allows open carry but it is frowned on. Mr. A ...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 183
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery

  1. #76
    Ex Member Array F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High in Colorado
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Okay here is another analogy. This in in a State that allows open carry but it is frowned on.

    Mr. A knows that if he exercises his right to openly carry the State will make his life miserable. They will harass him and possibly arrest him for something such as public nuisance or other such catchall charge. If this fails to stop him from exercising his rights he knows that the State will take his right to open carry away from him. Not wanting to lose his right to open carry he chooses not to do it. Thereby protecting his rights.

    Mr. B also knows that the State frowns on citizens exercising their God Given Rights. However he believes that a right not used is a right lost. The State quickly goes into action. They trump up some charges but that does not deter him. They then take away his rights.

    In the end what does Mr A have that Mr. B does not? Can either one still exercise their right to open carry?

    Michael
    How about this one....

    Mrs P (a person of minority color) knows she is not allowed to sit when a white man is standing; wheb a white man gets on the buss, she wants no trouble from the state so she gives up her seat and persons of minority color continue to ride in the back of the bus......
    mlr1m, tbrenke and Badey like this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #77
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    How about this one....

    Mrs P (a person of minority color) knows she is not allowed to sit when a white man is standing; wheb a white man gets on the buss, she wants no trouble from the state so she gives up her seat and persons of minority color continue to ride in the back of the bus......
    Yes but don't forget, she retains her right to sit in the front. Just so long as she promises not to exercise it.

    Michael

  4. #78
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,097
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Actually the question was rhetorical and if you didn't it out I was trying to be a wise butt. The point is folks love to point fingers at someone that OC's if they make the news suggest they make gun owners look stupid or as if the break the law. But in the two cases I linked two they were CC'ers that were doing something against the law and a lot of folks on this forum were defending them. That is the point. Next time I will use more LOL's and smiley face to make it more clear. OK? LOL
    I got your point (and your sense of humor) and I agree.

    There are many on this site who are quick to jump on someone who is OC and get hassled by the police. But they never seem to have anything to say when someone who is CC does something that brings them to the attention of LE. I have always found that interesting.

    The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that they are helping the anti-gun/anti-carry crowds spread their point of view. Someone who is anti open carry but fine with concealed carry is at least in part espousing the point of view of the anti-gun/carry groups.

    I am also struck by the fact that I have NEVER once seen someone who is pro OC be anti CC. The same can not be said in reverse. There are many who are anti OC but pro CC and think that any of us who OC are stupid, or just headline seeking or something else. Every person I know who OC's is pro CC and pro OC. In fact, we are all just happy that those who carry are carrying, no matter which mode they decide on. But, I have interacted with many concealed carry advocates, on here and several in person, who are vehemently anti OC but who carry concealed. That just seems odd to me.
    Crowman, suntzu, carracer and 1 others like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  5. #79
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    I don't understand that stand. I carry CC...I would never carry OC in public. I have my reasons, BUT I have nothing against a law abiding citizen carrying OC. Why should it bother me. It seems to be a personal choice...not something for debate.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  6. #80
    VIP Member Array chiefjason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    In the 2 links provided by suntzu, those citizens would have been doing absolutely nothing illegal or wrong in my home state.
    And the OC'er was doing nothing illegal or wrong in his home state. But because he had a problem with a security guard that DID NOT know the law. And had the gall to record it and sue for being arrested for doing nothing wrong he's a douchebag. Nice. In GA the guy has to have a permit to even OC. He gave the cops his permit. What else is needed to be sent on your way? I guess I would be a real scum bag since I don't need a permit to OC or need to show a DL when I'm walking around minding my own business.
    carracer, Eagleks and TN_Mike like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

  7. #81
    Senior Member Array tbrenke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,006
    from all I have read in this case I would suport the guys actions. He is doing nothing wrong and has the recording device to show what was realy said. if that does not matxh the police report then it gives even more credit to his case. I am betting that sence he know he was recording, his lawsuit is using only the facts that are recorded.

    I OC also when I feel like it and I say GREAT JOB not breaking any law and upholding not just his own but all of our civil rights.
    Eagleks likes this.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

  8. #82
    Senior Member Array Vaquero 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    How about this one....

    Mrs P (a person of minority color) knows she is not allowed to sit when a white man is standing; wheb a white man gets on the buss, she wants no trouble from the state so she gives up her seat and persons of minority color continue to ride in the back of the bus......
    Because discrimination based on who you are (race) is totally the same as the right to parade around with an openly carried firearm.

    I guess some people must think that this is a documentary:

    Open Carrier Discrimination - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/12/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

  9. #83
    Ex Member Array F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rocky Mountain High in Colorado
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Because discrimination based on who you are (race) is totally the same as the right to parade around with an openly carried firearm.

    I guess some people must think that this is a documentary:

    Open Carrier Discrimination - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 04/12/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
    I guess the narrow minded will NEVER understand....

    IT'S ABOUT RIGHTS!!!

  10. #84
    Senior Member Array Vaquero 45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    882
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    I guess the narrow minded will NEVER understand....

    IT'S ABOUT RIGHTS!!!
    You're the one that doesn't understand the difference between discrimination against people because of who they ARE, vs. the regulation of things that people DO. They are obviously not one and the same, nor are the rights issues the same. A store owner's private property rights can certainly trump your right to flaunt your pistol in his establishment. However right or wrong you believe this to be, it is infinitely more morally obscene to kick someone out of that same establishment based on something that is an integral part of who a person is, such as race or nationality.

    Since you are so concerned about rights, I'd love to hear your position on discrimination against gays.
    (That's rhetorical, I really couldn't care less about your stance.)
    Last edited by Vaquero 45; May 7th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

  11. #85
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    You're the one that doesn't understand the difference between discrimination against people because of who they ARE, vs. the regulation of things that people DO. They are obviously not one and the same, nor are the rights issues the same. A store owner's private property rights can certainly trump your right to flaunt your pistol in his establishment. However right or wrong you believe this to be, it is infinitely more morally obscene to kick someone out of that same establishment based on something that is an integral part of who a person is, such as race or nationality.

    Since you are so concerned about rights, I'd love to hear your position on discrimination against gays.
    The OP was about a person who was indeed exercising his rights. There were no regulations for the government to enforce. The Government in this case was attempting to use its power to convince a citizen to refrain from exercising a particular right that they do not agree with.
    They are in effect discrimination against a particular group who are only exercising their rights. Discrimination does not only apply to sex or race. In this case the government is not enforcing any law as there is none to enforce on this issue.

    Michael
    carracer and TN_Mike like this.

  12. #86
    New Member Array kristensdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    9
    On two other forums the police report is posted. The very first line (in LEO's own words), he was responding to a suspicious person with a gun call. He was not responding to a trespass call. The trespass was incurred only AFTER the officer prevented him from getting in his vehicle to leave. MWAG is legal here in Georgia (with a permit) OC'r had and provided the permit. There is no database of permit holders in Georgia. Each county has a judge that approves or denies the permits. Each county has its own format for the permit, including the format of the Date of Birth MM/DD/Year vs DD/MO/Year. Just because the officer couldn't decode the judges date doesn't make the OC in violation of any law.

  13. #87
    Senior Member Array Al Lowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Mason, MI, USA
    Posts
    574
    When I first started OCing, I was advised by EVERYONE else that I should carry a small audio recorder, "Just in case." I do, but I don't OC so I can be "noticed." I OC because it's more comfortable than CCing, and I have faster access to my weapon, should I need it. Also, the weapons I carry for self defense are just too pretty to hide, in my personal opinion that is.

    But, it seems to me that only an ANTI-OC CCer would come into this forum and talk about how if we carry a small audio recording device, we must be out to get attention. If I really wanted to get attention as I walked down the street, or through a park, I'd wear a min-skirt with 5 inch spiked heels......hey, there's an idea.

    In case you missed the youtube videos, cops can and have violated our civil rights, and typically with less RAS than simply carrying a firearm. And after some of the stuff I've seen, I think I'd carry an audio recorder even if I didn't carry a gun at all.

  14. #88
    VIP Member Array smolck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    2,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe View Post
    I OC because it's more comfortable than CCing
    Please understand I am fine with OC and I support your right to do so. I personally don't.

    But this is the worst excuse I hear to justify OC. With today's holsters and belts, ANY kind of carry can be comfortable. Hell, I even carry my 1911 OWB under just a T-shirt sometimes, nobody ever notices (cause it's THIN)

  15. #89
    Member Array pappou68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    302
    whadda moron! He and others like him make it tough for all of us. Just itching for a confrontation-yuk.

  16. #90
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Please understand I am fine with OC and I support your right to do so. I personally don't.

    But this is the worst excuse I hear to justify OC. With today's holsters and belts, ANY kind of carry can be comfortable. Hell, I even carry my 1911 OWB under just a T-shirt sometimes, nobody ever notices (cause it's THIN)
    We need an excuse to do things now? And who gets to approve or deny this?

    Michael
    suntzu, TN_Mike, Al Lowe and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

in home caregivers ?powered by mybb?
,
open carry
,
powered by mybb cooperation
,
powered by mybb funny pictures and jokes
,

powered by mybb law

,
powered by mybb oregon state
,

powered by mybb state lottery

,

powered by mybb state of oregon

,

powered by mybb travel system

,

rodney dantzler

,

rodney dantzler ga

,
rodney dantzler ga police officer
Click on a term to search for related topics.