Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery - Page 9

Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery

This is a discussion on Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Everyone keeps saying " he was a jerk" ...... last time I knew, that wasn't illegal either. You have the "right" to be a jerk, ...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: Ga man just won the OC/cop lottery

Everyone keeps saying " he was a jerk" ...... last time I knew, that wasn't illegal either.

You have the "right" to be a jerk, to be a real pain, etc. without someone seeking punishment for it, because he's allowed to be a jerk if he wants to be.

I don't think he was being a jerk, I think he was pointing out things they didn't want to hear, and got charged because of the "don't challenge us , or we'll find something to arrest you for " mentality. Often, that includes apparently if you are defending that what you were doing was not illegal at all.
    Badey, Crowman and wrearick like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Everyone keeps saying " he was a jerk" ...... last time I knew, that wasn't illegal either.

You have the "right" to be a jerk, to be a real pain, etc. without someone seeking punishment for it, because he's allowed to be a jerk if he wants to be.
    This is my sentiment exactly. I do however think that he was being a bit of a jerk, but he is allowed to be. If being a jerk were illegal, I think we would ALL have been in jail at some point or another in our lives.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    he fought an oppressive system and the outcome was a strengthening of the rights of everyone.

I just hate it when the man tries to keep a brother down!!!! You have got to be kidding me?

I can live without this particular gentleman being my spokesman for gun rights. He played a stupid game and won stupid prizes plain and simple, moment of maturity with the security guy would have prevented all this but to each his own.

Again who is he gonna sue? The magistrate on call assumed the responsibility of the arrest and they are immune from civil liability. I still feel the inaccurate information on the card will come back and bite him in the butt. He knew it was incorrect and carried it anyway.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

There is a lot more to this story than people here seem to realize. The mayor of this town (who the park is named for) doesn't think that guns should be allowed in his park. Well that's too bad because there is no law against it. He and the mayor of another town nearby want to pass laws banning guns in city parks. What they fail to realize is that Georgia has preemption laws that make local laws banning guns illegal.

He may not get a cent out of this but some people in law enforcement willikelyey get the red a$$ over this. And here's a question, how can anyone be trespassing in a public park?

Wait and see how this plays out. I think it will be good for armed citizens in Ga.
    Eagleks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by todhog View Post
    He and the mayor of another town nearby want to pass laws banning guns in city parks. What they fail to realize is that Georgia has preemption laws that make local laws banning guns illegal.

Wait and see how this plays out. I think it will be good for armed citizens in Ga.
    if you all remember, this was tried in Seattle. Laws banning guns in the city parks. WA has preemption laws also. Seattle lost that case.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    he fought an oppressive system and the outcome was a strengthening of the rights of everyone.

I just hate it when the man tries to keep a brother down!!!! You have got to be kidding me?

I can live without this particular gentleman being my spokesman for gun rights. He played a stupid game and won stupid prizes plain and simple, moment of maturity with the security guy would have prevented all this but to each his own.

Again who is he gonna sue? The magistrate on call assumed the responsibility of the arrest and they are immune from civil liability. I still feel the inaccurate information on the card will come back and bite him in the butt. He knew it was incorrect and carried it anyway.
    Did you bother to read the rest of my post? specifically the part about not pertaining to the specific case the OP posted about? It was the first sentence... Did you read the paragraph containing the sentence you quoted? The part in the first sentence where I said "where I live", and then continued to specify that I was talking about an event in the city I live in?

Or, did you just manage to read the one thing you could quote out of context, and run with it?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    In my small Florida town most citizen vs LEO complaints are settled out of court to reduce the bad press, attorney and possible high court costs.

VIP Member
    Well gobbly guess I did both.

I did read your post and took out the part I wanted to comment on and ran with it. Hope that answered your question.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    Mayor to carriers: I would prefer that you not bring your guns - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com
    This part is really nice

Mayor Pirkle added that users of Sugar Hill's parks can avoid arrest "by leaving the gun at home, keeping it concealed, or simply having a rational discussion with the security guard or police officer and letting them know" that you are exercising your legal rights and mean no harm to anybody in the park.

Fall in line people, fall in line.
    Eagleks likes this.

VIP Member
    first I have to add: the mayor is a tool, totally stupid in his gun thinking

IMO....the security guard, and his company, are going to be the ones that could be a target of a lawsuit based on what I've read of the developments in this case, the LEOs were acting on what the SG said and followed procedure

NOW....what will have to be ironed out in the court is does this security guard have the right and legal standing to give and enforce a trespass warning for the park and be the complainant to the LEOs for enforcement, if this is found to be no I don't see how the trespass case can go forward (at least based on the law here in Texas that we enforce, you state will vary)

the guy involved in this was a jerk, and that IN ITSELF is not illegal (or I'd make 50 arrests a night ), but he didn't help himself any

and the fact of him knowing he had the wrong info on his ID is of course, a separate issue but still can be pursued
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

The Gwinnett County District Attorney's office has decided that the trespassing charge lacks sufficient merit to proceed with prosecution and has 'nolle prossed' the action.

The Federal Civil Rights suit against defendants Hanna, Bell and Dantzler is still going forward.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thPoint View Post
    The Gwinnett County District Attorney's office has decided that the trespassing charge lacks sufficient merit to proceed with prosecution and has 'nolle prossed' the action.

The Federal Civil Rights suit against defendants Hanna, Bell and Dantzler is still going forward.

Imagine that .............
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Thanks for the update. I figured this would be the case.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3D...TJHZVN5cG1VOHM
    The accusation by the state.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3D...UNMYkxSS0U2WTQ
    The Nolle Prosequi order.

Notice what's written by hand on the NP order that's not even mentioned on the accusation?
    Wonder why someone would mention something on the NP that has nothing at all to do with the charges?

Perhaps.... it's because the solicitor realized that this whole sordid incident began because a security guard saw something that was completely legal by state law and decided to make a series of poor decisions?

I hope he sues and takes them for millions. About time folks smarten up and realize you can't mess with people. And not even a gun charge to boot. Hope folks take notice.
    sgb likes this.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Links