Open carrier robbed at gunpoint of his money and his gun - Page 2

Open carrier robbed at gunpoint of his money and his gun

This is a discussion on Open carrier robbed at gunpoint of his money and his gun within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For millenia, the open carry of a defensive assistant has been unquestionable. From slings and spears to swords and daggers, a man wasn't appropriately dressed ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Open carrier robbed at gunpoint of his money and his gun

VIP Member
    For millenia, the open carry of a defensive assistant has been unquestionable. From slings and spears to swords and daggers, a man wasn't appropriately dressed without his weapon worn conspicuously. Secreting such was the mark of a criminal, coward, or assassin. How times have changed.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

If the victim would have had a snubnose revolver in his weak side pocket, he could have popped the BG while he tried to figure out his holster. Few BGs would consider a citizen carrying a backup. Of course, no CC at the time.
    carracer likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

The street value of a pistol must be pretty high, too. It's like walking around with a pair of c-notes on your hip.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    The street value of a pistol must be pretty high, too. It's like walking around with a pair of c-notes on your hip.
    More people get robbed for thier iPhones and Nike shoes than folks that target someone for a gun. Folks make their own choices. I know you did not say this but some folks always say "well,that is another gun in the hands of the BG's". Most BG's have no problems getting guns and the few guns stolen by BG's each year is negligible. Plus, how many thousands of hunters are out there every year hunting (OC'ing). Some of those rifles with optics are worth thousands of dollars. But nobody seems to claim that they put themselves at risk.

It's different up north, here. BGs have a heck of a time getting guns. About 90% of seized guns are either non-functional or don't have any ammunition (because they cannot 'score' some). It's a bit amusing sometimes, though when you don't know a gun doesn't work, it's still pretty scary.

Yeah, people get robbed for compact, valuable stuff. Shoes, iPods, wallets, and I guess OC pistols!

Remember, though, the 'value' to the robber is nearly always the resale value. Expensive, but hard-to-pawn stuff isn't very valuable.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Up North.

Maybe in the Maritimes, Your info may be a little out-dated.

I can tell you that's not the case in Toronto, you can ask a LEO that as well.

I could walk you down the street, and you could buy multiple weapons restricted even in the states.

Heck, I saw a thread about an 18 yo. OCin a m1 30. cal. Here 18 year old "cc" and hide p-90s, and m-4s.

Toronto.

Keep in mind this incident happened in a "borderline" neighborhood..........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Putting yourself on the radar makes you a target.
    Old School likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    Putting yourself on the radar makes you a target.
    That is really getting old and redundant. It is a rare occurrence when an OC'er does have his weapon taken becasue he was targeted. And this was not a recent event. If you don't want to be put on the radar I suggest you don't buy a nice house in a nice neighborhood with a lot of nice things., don't by that iPhone, or drive a nice car. Or don't do a million other things that BG's target. In short, live by the BG rules and not your own.
    Badey, Crowman and carracer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Keep in mind this incident happened in a "borderline" neighborhood..........
    Between the borders of what? Hue-mans and your "kind" of specimens. This coded double-speak doesn't actually fool anyone and I have made it part of my mission to call it out where-ever I see it.

I hope by doing so, I'm not offending anyone (I hope more than one :P ) and if the mods could clarify if I am break any rules or if this is fine. Any-one wanna join me?

And I guess who-ever did it has some balls then huh? I take that as a compliment, I won't bait myself into saying any-thing more cuz it won't be nice. Thanks :)

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I guess the bad guy didn't get the memo about the open carry force field....
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Rexdale.TO View Post
    Between the borders of what?
    Between an area with a relatively low crime rate and an area with an extremely high crime rate. I think that pretty much explains it.
    Crowman likes this.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    Between an area with a relatively low crime rate and an area with an extremely high crime rate. I think that pretty much explains it.
    At least you got it jrclen Although I am sure many others understood it. Facts are facts whether one likes them or not.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    I like you plausible deniability (not sure if I spelled right, not a word I use a lot :/) smart :).
    @Crowman which facts are we speaking of? I'm not here to make enemies, but I don't make friends easily either. Good day, sir.

I carry a .380 They are held in such low esteem on firearms forums that no self respecting bad guy would try to steal one. They would be laughed out of the gang if they went around bragging "Hey, I stole a dude's .380"
    suntzu and discoboxer like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links