It's official oklahoma-gov.-mary-fallin-says-shell-sign-open-carry-gun-measure

This is a discussion on It's official oklahoma-gov.-mary-fallin-says-shell-sign-open-carry-gun-measure within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by archer51 Have fun, it's 88 pages long. Bill Text Drafts: OK Senate Bill 1733 - 2012 Regular Session | LegiScan From what ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: It's official oklahoma-gov.-mary-fallin-says-shell-sign-open-carry-gun-measure

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    From what I can tell the only difference between this new Law and the one it replaces is that the word Concealed is either stricken or replaced with the phrase 'concealed or unconcealed'.

Michael

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    It's not "Official" until she does sign it. Until then it is only "likely".
    Exactly right. I have been warning many of my fellow Oklahomans not to celebrate until the deed is done. While she has promised to sign the bill she is a politician first.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Bloomberg had to change his depends when he heard about this travesty,why it won't be long before people are having gun fights on main street at high noon
    Bloomberg had to change his depends? I love it.
    Buckj likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I just called the Governor's office to request that she sign the bill. The girl at the desk said that they were getting a lot of calls and would keep a tally for the Governor. Our job is not done yet. All of you in Oklahoma who support this new bill please call her office to ask her to support it.
    Governor Mary Fallin
    Local: (405) 521-2342
    Fax: (405) 521-3353

Michael

Put in my phone call and an email.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I am not sure how other states carry laws progressed, but here in Wisconsin open carry was legal before concealed carry was. Funny that anti-gunners would freak out that someone would open carry and at the same time object to a law that would allow people to conceal it and wouldn't make them so uptight because they wouldn't be any wiser that people were carrying.

In OK open carry has been specifically prohibited so far. This law would change that.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    "It also has sufficient protections in it that will allow businesses, certainly government institutions, and those who don't want guns on their facilities to have those protections, too."

I'm surprised at the lack of comments on this section of the release.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Gunny, the portion of the law regarding businesses will stay exactly as it already was. The only difference is that when open carrying you're more likely to be found out by the establishment (obviously) and asked to leave.

Here's a link to the version that was passed on to Fallin's desk: http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf...1733%20ENR.DOC
    My blog

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    I wonder how Walmart will react to this, in Oklahoma. They always say they support the local states' laws on gun carrying, and were OK with our concealed carry law -- but now that folks can open carry with the same license, they may change their tune (especially based on customer complaints). You know there will be some, at least at first; and the way it was before, with no open carry, the antis could go around pretending they were in utopia. Now they cannot. I love it!

Oh, and although Governor Fallin hasn't signed it yet, I fully believe she will. I have yet to see her go back on her word.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    I wonder how Walmart will react to this, in Oklahoma. They always say they support the local states' laws on gun carrying, and were OK with our concealed carry law -- but now that folks can open carry with the same license, they may change their tune (especially based on customer complaints). You know there will be some, at least at first; and the way it was before, with no open carry, the antis could go around pretending they were in utopia. Now they cannot. I love it!

Oh, and although Governor Fallin hasn't signed it yet, I fully believe she will. I have yet to see her go back on her word.
    From what I have read online Walmart has not restricted open carry in their stores in States where it is legal.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Bloomberg had to change his depends when he heard about this travesty,why it won't be long before people are having gun fights on main street at high noon
    Well, he is for another reason.... they also passed a law in Mississippi making it ..... "illegal to intentionally deceive a FFL when attempting to purchase a gun" ..... aimed directly at him and his stooges doing false buys, etc.... and trying to set up FFL dealers ....

Our House passed a similar law, but the "moderate Republican Senate" (read as Dem's in disguise) won't pass any new gun laws that everyone wants. We also had the house pass a "recognize all CC licenses from any state" , but the Senate tabled it too. So, we're hoping many RINO Senate members will lose in the upcoming elections.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    From what I have read online Walmart has not restricted open carry in their stores in States where it is legal.

Michael
    Thanks, Michael.

It seems to me the states that had open carry forever are the main ones you are speaking of, but just wondering about the Johnny-come-latelies on this -- but wait.

Did Oklahoma allow open carry before the original Self-Defense Act in (I think) 1995? Some say yes but I really don't know.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

My blog

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Always enjoy reading the comments.
    It won't be long now before we'll be reading about some drunken redneck who grabbed his gun instead of his cellphone and shot himself in the head.
    Don't care which side of the issue you find yourself on. This is just laugh out loud funny. But then I've been told that I have a strange sense of humor.

Michael

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links